Max Clifford

Re: Max Clifford

Postby Goodwife » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:58 pm

guest wrote:
Goodwife wrote:At least us taxpayers no longer have to pay for the scumbags accommodation.

Quite happy to pay taxes to keep scum off the streets.

You have a point.

I can see both sides of the coin on this one
Goodwife

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:54 am

Trapper John wrote:
Fletch wrote:Is that the English white abuser, Max Clifford Starbold? :shake head:

I think he means the Max Clifford who, to my knowledge, is the only person to be imprisoned for treating women like shit.

Your knowledge is extremely limited.

And he was imprisoned for eight counts of indecent assault against four victims.

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:55 am

Poca wrote:I fucking love Karma! :Wiiiine!:

S/he has been banned a PBU I think.

That said, If Max hadn't been such a twat as to take the piss out of that sky reporter during his court case, he would have got a lighter sentence and quite possibly could still be alive

Postby Trapper John » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:07 am

Guest wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
Fletch wrote:Is that the English white abuser, Max Clifford Starbold? :shake head:

I think he means the Max Clifford who, to my knowledge, is the only person to be imprisoned for treating women like shit.

Your knowledge is extremely limited.

And he was imprisoned for eight counts of indecent assault against four victims.

Yes of course he was. :roll:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Trapper John » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:18 am

Guest wrote:
Poca wrote:I fucking love Karma! :Wiiiine!:

S/he has been banned a PBU I think.

That said, If Max hadn't been such a twat as to take the piss out of that sky reporter during his court case, he would have got a lighter sentence and quite possibly could still be alive

I'd go further, If 'Operation Yewtree' hadn't been proving to be such a hideous waste of public money that they desperately needed to actually produce a prominent person to prosecute, he would never have even ended up in court......and the fact they could only come up with Max Clifford, speaks volumes.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:11 am

I never liked Max Clifford even before the allegations, I always thought him a cocky and pompous git who inflated himself with unjustified self importance.

However, I think he was used as a scape goat for Operation Yewtree, which you have to remember was instigated to investigate institutionalised paedophilia following the Savil revelations.

Up to the time Clifford was arrested, they hadn't successfully prosecuted anyone. So to justify the hideous amounts of public money being invested in police time on histioric paedophilia claims, they widened the parameters to include people over the legal age of consent who just claimed some form of abuse. Clifford just happened to be the first in line to suffer the consequences of that change.

A pivotal part of the case against him were the accusations by an at the time 15 year old he was supposed to have abused whilst in Spain. This came to nothing as Clifford claimed that the accusations were a pack of lies invented by a fantasist and opportunist family. Something which seemed to be born out by the fact that the parents of this girl, would insist she went around with Clifford unaccompanied on many occasions.

Of course, shit sticks and it coloured peoples views of him. In the end he was convicted on just the words of expertly groomed and coached victims who miraculously couldn't decide what to do when a man said "here put my cock in your mouth", so they just did anyway. :shake head:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Lady Murasaki » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:27 pm

Trapper John wrote:I never liked Max Clifford even before the allegations, I always thought him a cocky and pompous git who inflated himself with unjustified self importance.

However, I think he was used as a scape goat for Operation Yewtree, which you have to remember was instigated to investigate institutionalised paedophilia following the Savil revelations.

Up to the time Clifford was arrested, they hadn't successfully prosecuted anyone. So to justify the hideous amounts of public money being invested in police time on histioric paedophilia claims, they widened the parameters to include people over the legal age of consent who just claimed some form of abuse. Clifford just happened to be the first in line to suffer the consequences of that change.

A pivotal part of the case against him were the accusations by an at the time 15 year old he was supposed to have abused whilst in Spain. This came to nothing as Clifford claimed that the accusations were a pack of lies invented by a fantasist and opportunist family. Something which seemed to be born out by the fact that the parents of this girl, would insist she went around with Clifford unaccompanied on many occasions.

Of course, shit sticks and it coloured peoples views of him. In the end he was convicted on just the words of expertly groomed and coached victims who miraculously couldn't decide what to do when a man said "here put my cock in your mouth", so they just did anyway. :shake head:

Did you see evidence the jury or judge that convicted him didn't?
Lady Murasaki

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:33 pm

I think TJ may well be right.
Rolluplostinspace

Previous

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs