Brexit means Brexit means Remain but with less say

Brexit means Brexit means Remain but with less say

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:19 pm

When voting for Brexit I didn't realise the following.

David Cameron would resign and so delay triggering Article 50 for nearly a year.
Theresa May would stupidly call an unnecessary election that handed the government of the UK to some bog-trotters
That the bog-trotters would insist on a formula for Brexit that means staying in the EU.

We have now been told, no not told guaranteed, that the UK will 'fully respect' the rights of European Citizens, so whereas a British Judge sitting in British Court will be making decisions he will be doing so on European rules and dictats

We have now been told both that there will be 'no border' on the Island of Ireland to prevent the free movement of good, capital or people and that there will be 'no difference' between Northern Ireland and the mainland.

All that will change next at the end of March 2019 is the UK will lose what little say it had in the EU.

If I had known the Tories would fuck it up so badly I would have voted Remain.

I think I'm the first Brexiter to openly state that the Tory politicians are so utterly incompetent there was no point in voting for Brexit but I guarantee I won't be the last

Re: Brexit means Brexit means Remain but with less say

Postby McAz » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:23 pm

Don't worry, you'll get another vote on it when the selfish over-50s have passed.
McAz

Postby Cannydc » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:28 am

Remainers now lead by 10%. Keep delaying, soon the clamour to re-run the referendum will be overwhelming.

Why else would leavers be literally wetting themselves at every delay ??

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 14406.html
Cannydc

Postby McAz » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:33 am

Cannydc wrote:Remainers now lead by 10%. Keep delaying, soon the clamour to re-run the referendum will be overwhelming.

Good to know - hopefully sooner before we are all screwed.
McAz

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:59 am

Cannydc wrote:Remainers now lead by 10%. Keep delaying, soon the clamour to re-run the referendum will be overwhelming.

Well I'll be voting Remain this time.

If we had got while the getting was good there would have been a temporary shock, and had never doubted that, but it would've been like ripping off a plaster in one go. The EU would have been caught on the hop and we could have negotiated with the referendum result undeniable and still fresh in everyone mind leaving the type of Brexit to the negotiating team

Instead we had over a year, a Tory leadership election and a General Election muddying the waters and all the while the remaining members have been carving up the EU's side of the Brexit deal to suit themselves. We could have been negotiating with France and Germany on big issues of trade and commerce and instead we're beholden to bog trotters arguing over a border that was always unenforceable.

Bloody useless Tories.

Postby McAz » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:14 am

Guest wrote:

Well I'll be voting Remain this time.

If we had got while the getting was good there would have been a temporary shock, and had never doubted that, but it would've been like ripping off a plaster in one go. The EU would have been caught on the hop and we could have negotiated with the referendum result undeniable and still fresh in everyone mind leaving the type of Brexit to the negotiating team

Instead we had over a year, a Tory leadership election and a General Election muddying the waters and all the while the remaining members have been carving up the EU's side of the Brexit deal to suit themselves. We could have been negotiating with France and Germany on big issues of trade and commerce and instead we're beholden to bog trotters arguing over a border that was always unenforceable.

Bloody useless Tories.

There was never going to be a hard border in Ireland - such a thing would invite a return to the Troubles. It is not the fault of the Tories.

Brexit is/was a failed bid for power by unscrupulous right-wing politicians - the disenchanted and the disenfranchised got caught in their lies.
McAz

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:22 am

Back with our tail between our legs.
Any respect gone.
We'll be a shadow of what and who we were.
All thanks to the right wing lunatics frightening the people lying to the people manipulating the people.
There should be people in jail for this state of affairs.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Mekon » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:28 am

Few people understood the UK's political and legislative relationship with the EU allowing the right to seize the moment and sell Brexit as the solution to the woes of the lower orders. It worked. Soon, through welfare cuts, a reduced NHS and higher taxation the masses will be made to pay for it. The clever exploit the stupid. It is the way of things and has always been.
Mekon

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:48 am

I hope too many people don't start thinking it's just politics because this has been much more than that.
This has been criminal.
This has been selling a nation out.
Fuck you fuck the people fuck everything I think I can grab a stash here.
If that's just politics then our politics have truly spiralled out of control.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby McAz » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:51 am

Us and them
And after all we're only ordinary men
Me and you
God only knows it's not what we would choose to do
"Forward" he cried from the rear and the front rank died
And the general sat
And the lines on the map moved from side to side

Roger Waters
McAz

Postby Viper » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:48 am

Lol. Remoaner pity party.

:pmsl:

I see the new remoaner cheerleader gathering support is tony blair. Yes the one all those starry eyed students wrote off as a war criminal on principle. Well just like opposition to anti semitism they abandoned that principle to remoan! :pmsl:

The poll by bmg...the one with a sample of 1500 people yes? Only those who claimed not to vote in the EU ref yes? :pmsl: that the poll your are getting excited about!!

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.indepe ... html%3famp
Viper

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:55 am

Viper wrote:Lol. Remoaner pity party.

I see the new remoaner cheerleader gathering support is tony blair. Yes the one all those starry eyed students wrote off as a war criminal on principle. Well just like opposition to anti semitism they abandoned that principle to remoan! :pmsl:

The poll by bmg...the one with a sample of 1500 people yes? Only those who claimed not to vote in the EU ref yes? :pmsl: that the poll your are getting excited about!!

In case you didn't get the memo you Dickhead I stated that I voted FOR Brexit.

What I didn't vote for was the Tories being so incompetent they would let some bog-trotters undermine the whole thing by insisting their shithole, which we would be better off without anyway, keeps us anchored in the EU.

Tell the bog-trotters to trot back to their bog and stop pretending to British.

Postby Viper » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:00 am

Guest wrote:

In case you didn't get the memo you Dickhead I stated that I voted FOR Brexit.

What I didn't vote for was the Tories being so incompetent they would let some bog-trotters undermine the whole thing by insisting their shithole, which we would be better off without anyway, keeps us anchored in the EU.

Tell the bog-trotters to trot back to their bog and stop pretending to British.

Ive no idea who you are or what you said toronto.
Viper

Postby Cannydc » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:07 pm

"The poll by bmg...the one with a sample of 1500 people yes? Only those who claimed not to vote in the EU ref yes? "

Incorrect on two out of 3. The poll was by BMG - true. It was 1,400 people (a perfectly adequate sample, 40% MORE than usually used to produce quite accurate results which can give a predicted election result +/- 2%) and it was not just those who claimed not to vote in the EU ref. It was noted, however, that OF THOSE ASKED AMONG THE 1,400 WHO DIDN'T VOTE LAST TIME, most would now vote, and vote remain.

A perfectly adequate poll, highlighting a possible trend away from the madness of Brexit as more learn the true cost to themselves as well as the country.
Cannydc

Postby Viper » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:46 pm

Meh. Its small potatoes. You cling to it if you find comfort in it though.
Viper

Next

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs