UN votes 128-9

Re: UN votes 128-9

Postby Maddog » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:13 pm

The persecution of Rohingya by Myanmar's security forces may amount to genocide, the UN human rights chief Zeid Ra'ad al-Hussein has said.

Addressing the Human Rights Council on Tuesday, Zeid said UN investigators have received "concordant reports of acts of appalling barbarity committed against the Rohingya" during a military crackdown in Rakhine state in August.

These included allegations of security forces "deliberately burning people to death inside their homes; murders of children and adults; indiscriminate shooting of fleeing civilians; widespread rapes of women and girls; and the burning and destruction of houses, schools, markets and mosques", he added.

"Given all of this, can anyone rule out that elements of genocide may be present?"

Zeid urged the 47-member council to recommend to the UN General Assembly to authorise a new mechanism to probe individual criminal responsibility.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/12/m ... 12505.html

One more example of people being killed while the UN talks.

Funny how their are no threads about Myanmar?

Wonder why that is? :leer:
Maddog

Postby Fletch » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:41 pm

Maddog wrote:
Fletch wrote:
Maddog wrote:[I bring up Russia, you bring up the US. Because they are both on the Security Council, they both ignore the UN all the time.

I guess the UN is useful when it wants to keep Albania in line. Larger, more powerful countries ignore the UN (except when they are bribing it's officials).

Tell me, what has this accomplished?

https://www.unwatch.org/draft-resolutio ... s-council/

But Russia have nothing to do with what you're claiming. Their presence in Syria is legit. Even the one you brought up was non binding.

entitled "Territorial integrity of Ukraine". The non-binding resolution, which

This one linked to is a Draft Resolution for a UN Human Rights Council.

Your simplistic ideas must be a result of your education sys6tem and the propaganda. Russia bad, US good. East bad, West good. It's farcical.

This really isn't about Russia. It's about the UN and how ineffective they are. You started this thread with a title about a UN vote and how it wasn't followed.

No shit. Happens after about every UN vote. I gave you some additional examples. Glad you don't like them. :wubwub:

No, I started it to show how the world disagrees with the US thinking it has the right to name where another country's capital city should be, especially when on disputed territory. I said nothing about the UN being effective or not, just that the one country that ignores and refuses to comply with many UN resolutions is Israel. The country that has stolen land and built settlements,, even knocking down existing homes to do so, violating international law and subjugating Palestinians horribly in the process.
Fletch

Postby Fletch » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:46 pm

Maddog wrote:The persecution of Rohingya by Myanmar's security forces may amount to genocide, the UN human rights chief Zeid Ra'ad al-Hussein has said.

Addressing the Human Rights Council on Tuesday, Zeid said UN investigators have received "concordant reports of acts of appalling barbarity committed against the Rohingya" during a military crackdown in Rakhine state in August.

These included allegations of security forces "deliberately burning people to death inside their homes; murders of children and adults; indiscriminate shooting of fleeing civilians; widespread rapes of women and girls; and the burning and destruction of houses, schools, markets and mosques", he added.

"Given all of this, can anyone rule out that elements of genocide may be present?"

Zeid urged the 47-member council to recommend to the UN General Assembly to authorise a new mechanism to probe individual criminal responsibility.

How else do you bring incidents to light and hopefully prosecute or intervene other than talking?

You want your law enforcement to give up investigating and discussing and just go out and arrest or shoot anyone that may look a bit iffy?

You're not coming across as very civilised mads. In fact you're coming across as quite primitive.
Fletch

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:32 pm

Maddog wrote:
Guest wrote:
Maddog wrote:
Guest wrote:Maddog is trying that well rehearsed Christian Conservative meme that says anything that is 100% effective 100% of the time is a complete waste of time.

Of course he still locks his doors because although locks can be picked and doors broken through, so they are not 100% effective 100% of the time, somehow he feels the need to keep them in place.

In fact only one country consistently treats the UN with total contempt and has done so since 1948, it's the country that is known to sell American defence tech to China so they can reverse engineer it and sell it on to North Korea. Guess which State of Israel that is?

Ooops! Did I accidentally give away the answer.

Hahaha.

Fuck I'm in your head. :Hiya:

No but I seem to be in yours.

Unless you're going to tell me you're the exception who does stand by his 100%:100% rule and leaves his house unlocked with the windows open every day when you go out.

I'm going to tell you my doors are irrelevant to the thread. Your would think that you would have learned not to obsess about me and stick to the topic. It's how you got banned. :leer:

It is you who wish to derail the topic and make it about you.

To take the view that the UN is worthless on the grounds that it is not 100% effective 100% of the time is a total nonsense and yet it is your only point. I ask again if only things that are 100% effective 100% of the time have any value in your worldview do you leave your doors or windows open.

If you do not it is an acknowledgement that your only point in this thread has absolutely no validity whatsoever.

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:35 pm

Maddog wrote:The persecution of Rohingya by Myanmar's security forces may amount to genocide, the UN human rights chief Zeid Ra'ad al-Hussein has said.

Feel free to start one.

Then you would be free to engage in a meaning dialogue on this thread instead of throwing around rafts of distractions, deflections and that old Russian favorite whataboutery

Postby Fletch » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:47 pm

Maddog wrote:I bring up Russia, you bring up the US. Because they are both on the Security Council, they both ignore the UN all the time.

I guess the UN is useful when it wants to keep Albania in line. Larger, more powerful countries ignore the UN (except when they are bribing it's officials).

Shame on me, was not concentrating and took you at your word for studying the Un developments but have now seen what you linked to is an NGO

UN Watch is a non-governmental organization based in Geneva whose mandate is to monitor the performance of the United Nations by the yardstick of its own Charter. UN Watch was established in 1993 by the legendary civil rights activist Morris B. Abram, the former U.S. Permanent Representative to the United Nations in Geneva.

https://www.unwatch.org/about-us/mission-history/

UN Watch

UN Watch, a Geneva-based group, was founded in 1993 to monitor the performance of the United Nations and with a stated mission of promoting human rights, but with an prime emphasis on the coverage of Israeli violations of human rights. It is an accredited non-governmental organization with the UN ECOSOC and has affiliate status with the UN DPI.

It has been founded and funded by the American Jewish Committee since 2001. UN Watch led the largest NGO coalition at the UN Human Rights Council special session on Darfur in December 2006.

https://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php/UN_Watch

No ulterior motive there, just like Soros open society foundation NGO, I'm sure...
Last edited by Fletch on Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fletch

Postby Maddog » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:49 pm

Fletch wrote:
Maddog wrote:I bring up Russia, you bring up the US. Because they are both on the Security Council, they both ignore the UN all the time.

Shame on me, was not concentrating and took you at your word for studying the Un developments but have now seen what you linked to is an NGO

UN Watch is a non-governmental organization based in Geneva whose mandate is to monitor the performance of the United Nations by the yardstick of its own Charter. UN Watch was established in 1993 by the legendary civil rights activist Morris B. Abram, the former U.S. Permanent Representative to the United Nations in Geneva.

UN Watch

UN Watch, a Geneva-based group, was founded in 1993 to monitor the performance of the United Nations and with a stated mission of promoting human rights, but with an prime emphasis on the coverage of Israeli violations of human rights. It is an accredited non-governmental organization with the UN ECOSOC and has affiliate status with the UN DPI.

It has been founded and funded by the American Jewish Committee since 2001. UN Watch led the largest NGO coalition at the UN Human Rights Council special session on Darfur in December 2006.

No ulterior motive there, just like Soros open foundation society NGO, I'm sure...

What did the UN resolution accomplish? :wubwub:
Maddog

Postby Maddog » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:49 pm

Guest wrote:

Feel free to start one.

Then you would be free to engage in a meaning dialogue on this thread instead of throwing around rafts of distractions, deflections and that old Russian favorite whataboutery

Nah. We already have one thread about the UN doing nothing. No need for another. :ooer:
Maddog

Postby Fletch » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:01 pm

Maddog wrote:
Fletch wrote:

UN Watch

No ulterior motive there, just like Soros open foundation society NGO, I'm sure...

Draft Resolution maddog, draft. You know what that is?

Draft

1A preliminary version of a piece of writing.
‘the first draft of the party's manifesto’
as modifier ‘a draft document’

1.1 A plan, sketch, or rough drawing.
‘a manuscript draft representing the explorer's latest findings’

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/draft

You're coming across as a right Billy Basic lately. :shake head:
Fletch

Postby Maddog » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:09 pm

Fletch wrote:
Maddog wrote:
Fletch wrote:

UN Watch

Draft Resolution maddog, draft. You know what that is?

Draft

1A preliminary version of a piece of writing.
‘the first draft of the party's manifesto’
as modifier ‘a draft document’

1.1 A plan, sketch, or rough drawing.
‘a manuscript draft representing the explorer's latest findings’

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/draft

You're coming across as a right Billy Basic lately. :shake head:

Gotcha, so the UN is about to take action that will help the starving people of Venezuela?

No need to get in a rush or anything. :pmsl:
Maddog

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:12 pm

Isn't it frustrating how we never seem to have grasped what the REAL story is and how lucky we are to Rupert Murdoch, Fox News and its horde of Russian minions to explain it all to us.

We talk about Trump's collusion with Russia when the real story is Hilary Clinton, no it's Barak Obama, not Barak Obama what I meant to say was it's Robert Mueller, by which I mean it's Dianne Feinstein.

We talk about how Brexit negotiations are stalled and stymied by the dual handicaps of an untenable position and and an incompetent government when the REAL story is Jeremy Corbin's suit.

We talk about Israeli corruption, brutality and an their ongoing licence to commit atrocities that have seen every other nation that dared to commit them at the very least condemned to the sin bin for a time when we should be talking about Thailand or was it Burma or the UN or well whatever it is we're supposed to be talking about feel sure that a Murdoch stooge will be along any minute to tell us what it supposed to be.

So don't any of you imagine that you have the right to discuss a topic, or even have an opinion. Murdoch stooges are here to tell you what you should talk about and what your opinion should be.

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:19 pm

Fletch wrote:

How else do you bring incidents to light and hopefully prosecute or intervene other than talking?

You want your law enforcement to give up investigating and discussing and just go out and arrest or shoot anyone that may look a bit iffy?

You're not coming across as very civilised mads. In fact you're coming across as quite primitive.

So business as usual for the police - why change the habits of a lifetime? :shoot:

Postby Maddog » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:15 am

Guest wrote:
Maddog wrote:
Guest wrote:
Maddog wrote:
Guest wrote:Maddog is trying that well rehearsed Christian Conservative meme that says anything that is 100% effective 100% of the time is a complete waste of time.

Of course he still locks his doors because although locks can be picked and doors broken through, so they are not 100% effective 100% of the time, somehow he feels the need to keep them in place.

In fact only one country consistently treats the UN with total contempt and has done so since 1948, it's the country that is known to sell American defence tech to China so they can reverse engineer it and sell it on to North Korea. Guess which State of Israel that is?

Ooops! Did I accidentally give away the answer.

Hahaha.

Fuck I'm in your head. :Hiya:

No but I seem to be in yours.

Unless you're going to tell me you're the exception who does stand by his 100%:100% rule and leaves his house unlocked with the windows open every day when you go out.

I'm going to tell you my doors are irrelevant to the thread. Your would think that you would have learned not to obsess about me and stick to the topic. It's how you got banned. :leer:

It is you who wish to derail the topic and make it about you.

To take the view that the UN is worthless on the grounds that it is not 100% effective 100% of the time is a total nonsense and yet it is your only point. I ask again if only things that are 100% effective 100% of the time have any value in your worldview do you leave your doors or windows open.

If you do not it is an acknowledgement that your only point in this thread has absolutely no validity whatsoever.

Hahahaha.

You're mentally fucking ill.

I'll answer , what I want, when I want.

Or I may just call you a dickhead, dickhead.
Maddog

Postby Maddog » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:16 am

Fletch wrote:

I am a fucking primitive. Is this really news to you?
Maddog

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:08 am

Guest wrote:Isn't it frustrating how we never seem to have grasped what the REAL story is and how lucky we are to Rupert Murdoch, Fox News and its horde of Russian minions to explain it all to us.

We talk about Trump's collusion with Russia when the real story is Hilary Clinton, no it's Barak Obama, not Barak Obama what I meant to say was it's Robert Mueller, by which I mean it's Dianne Feinstein.

We talk about how Brexit negotiations are stalled and stymied by the dual handicaps of an untenable position and and an incompetent government when the REAL story is Jeremy Corbin's suit.

We talk about Israeli corruption, brutality and an their ongoing licence to commit atrocities that have seen every other nation that dared to commit them at the very least condemned to the sin bin for a time when we should be talking about Thailand or was it Burma or the UN or well whatever it is we're supposed to be talking about feel sure that a Murdoch stooge will be along any minute to tell us what it supposed to be.

So don't any of you imagine that you have the right to discuss a topic, or even have an opinion. Murdoch stooges are here to tell you what you should talk about and what your opinion should be.

:thumbsup:
Rolluplostinspace

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs