UN votes 128-9

Re: UN votes 128-9

Postby Maddog » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:36 pm

Rockstar wrote:
Maddog wrote:
See, the UN is useless. :gigglesnshit:

Are you deliberately playing the fool?

For years USA has used forums like UN to isolate countries it wants to meddle in and now when the foot is on the other side you say UN is useless. Irony much? :gigglesnshit:

No. I'm stating the fucking obvious. The UN doesn't accomplish anything with it's votes, but the diplomats that work there don't care because they are still getting their kickbacks.

You have stated yourself that the UN gets manipulated, then you go and defend it. :ooer:
Maddog

Postby Fletch » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:27 pm

United Nations Security Council lectures US ambassador Nikki Haley on purpose of UN after America's Iran demands

Efforts by the Trump administration to marshal a muscular international response to Iran’s crackdown on anti-government protesters appeared to backfire Friday, as members of the UN Security Council instead used a special session called by the United States to lecture the US ambassador on the proper purpose of the body and to reaffirm support for the Iran nuclear agreement.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 45271.html

As I told you before maddog, trying to use the UN for any old thing you dream up to try and score points is missing what the UN is actually for.

And now your Ambassador has had to be told as well.

:shake head:

btw mads, do you accept international law? (for the third time)

Do you accept international law maddog? I asked before but you avoided answering.
Fletch

Postby Maddog » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:21 pm

Fletch wrote:United Nations Security Council lectures US ambassador Nikki Haley on purpose of UN after America's Iran demands

Efforts by the Trump administration to marshal a muscular international response to Iran’s crackdown on anti-government protesters appeared to backfire Friday, as members of the UN Security Council instead used a special session called by the United States to lecture the US ambassador on the proper purpose of the body and to reaffirm support for the Iran nuclear agreement.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 45271.html

As I told you before maddog, trying to use the UN for any old thing you dream up to try and score points is missing what the UN is actually for.

And now your Ambassador has had to be told as well.

:shake head:

btw mads, do you accept international law? (for the third time)

Do you accept international law maddog? I asked before but you avoided answering.

And as I have said, the UN is worthless and will prove that again in Iran.

I don't think any sovereign nation has to accept law from oitside of its borders, and neither do most of the countries on this planet. Do you think Putin gives a flying fuck about what the UN wants? Trump, the Chinese, the Saudis, Cubans or N. Koreans?

It's a fucking joke that sucks money down a drain.
Maddog

Postby Fletch » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:20 am

Rockstar wrote:
Fletch wrote:
Rockstar wrote:
Maddog wrote:I don't care what the UN says about my government. The US, like all of the other countries, just ignores the UN anyway, proving how useless they actually are. It's a dog and pony show.

The member nations did. For years now US has used forums like UN and other councils to isolate the countries which do not kow-tow to its war mongering ways. Irony much?

I sometimes wonder just how informed the US public really are as to how their country behaves. The rest of the world can see plainly what they do and how they do it yet the US public are conditioned to chant support like a bunch of hardened nationalists.

Break out the USA, USA chant any minute and keep waving the flags. :roll:

The blind irrational support of the military complex dressed in patriotism sauce is what gets me all riled up.

You and me both Rocky, and most of the rest of the world. Good article here about it:

No More Worshiping Of The Military

I was in the grocery store a while back when, after my items were tabulated, the checkout clerk asked, “Would you like to contribute to the Wounded Warriors fund?”

I glanced at the line of people to my left — a little cross-section of America — and feeling a little skeptical about how they’d respond, I said, “No I don’t think so. I’d rather put my money towards some anti-war organization working to try and make sure that there are no more wounded soldiers, and to relief organizations that are supporting the hundreds of thousands of victims of America’s illegal wars abroad.”

The clerk looked a little taken aback and muttered “okay,” but to my surprise, nobody spoke up in the line. I was expecting at least one person to call me out as a “terrorist supporter” or a “commie” or who knows what, but instead there was just silence.

Maybe people were thinking about it. Maybe they just didn’t know how to react.

But in any case I think it’s past time that we on the anti-war left started making it clear that this glorification of American wars, the thanking of people in uniform for their “service,” and the blind acceptance of the prevailing argument that everyone in the military is “defending our freedom,” has to be challenged at every opportunity.

Look at the map of the globe. According to Nick Turse, writing in the Nation magazine and quoting information from Ken McGraw, a spokesman for troops are fighting in the Pentagon’s Special Operations Command, US Special Forces are stationed in 177 countries, and on any given day are conducting missions — actual or training missions — in 80-90 of them. As we saw recently with the deaths of several Green Berets in Niger, even members of Congress with a need-to-know responsibility, like those on the Intelligence Committees and Armed Services Committees of the House and Senate, don’t know (or claim they don’t know) where all those operations and those Special Forces are.

As well, US troops are fighting hot wars in places like......

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/48525.htm
Fletch

Postby Maddog » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:47 pm

Fletch wrote:
Rockstar wrote:
Fletch wrote:
Rockstar wrote:
Maddog wrote:I don't care what the UN says about my government. The US, like all of the other countries, just ignores the UN anyway, proving how useless they actually are. It's a dog and pony show.

The member nations did. For years now US has used forums like UN and other councils to isolate the countries which do not kow-tow to its war mongering ways. Irony much?

I sometimes wonder just how informed the US public really are as to how their country behaves. The rest of the world can see plainly what they do and how they do it yet the US public are conditioned to chant support like a bunch of hardened nationalists.

Break out the USA, USA chant any minute and keep waving the flags. :roll:

The blind irrational support of the military complex dressed in patriotism sauce is what gets me all riled up.

You and me both Rocky, and most of the rest of the world. Good article here about it:

No More Worshiping Of The Military

I was in the grocery store a while back when, after my items were tabulated, the checkout clerk asked, “Would you like to contribute to the Wounded Warriors fund?”

I glanced at the line of people to my left — a little cross-section of America — and feeling a little skeptical about how they’d respond, I said, “No I don’t think so. I’d rather put my money towards some anti-war organization working to try and make sure that there are no more wounded soldiers, and to relief organizations that are supporting the hundreds of thousands of victims of America’s illegal wars abroad.”

The clerk looked a little taken aback and muttered “okay,” but to my surprise, nobody spoke up in the line. I was expecting at least one person to call me out as a “terrorist supporter” or a “commie” or who knows what, but instead there was just silence.

Maybe people were thinking about it. Maybe they just didn’t know how to react.

But in any case I think it’s past time that we on the anti-war left started making it clear that this glorification of American wars, the thanking of people in uniform for their “service,” and the blind acceptance of the prevailing argument that everyone in the military is “defending our freedom,” has to be challenged at every opportunity.

Look at the map of the globe. According to Nick Turse, writing in the Nation magazine and quoting information from Ken McGraw, a spokesman for troops are fighting in the Pentagon’s Special Operations Command, US Special Forces are stationed in 177 countries, and on any given day are conducting missions — actual or training missions — in 80-90 of them. As we saw recently with the deaths of several Green Berets in Niger, even members of Congress with a need-to-know responsibility, like those on the Intelligence Committees and Armed Services Committees of the House and Senate, don’t know (or claim they don’t know) where all those operations and those Special Forces are.

As well, US troops are fighting hot wars in places like......

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/48525.htm

Yes, we have far too many troops fighting in shitholes around the world.

What's that have to do with the corruption and incompetence of the UN?
Maddog

Postby Rockstar » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:41 pm

Maddog wrote:

Shitholes you say? This is coming from a person who hasn't stepped out of his cocoon his entire life..You don't give one shit about soldiers from poor strata of society and those joining out of misplaced sense of patriotism and machoism...

You are quick to label UN as incompetent because of its failure to check the warmongering ways of USA and its master Israel. Have you seen a mirror lately?
Rockstar

Postby Maddog » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:54 pm

Rockstar wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Shitholes you say? This is coming from a person who hasn't stepped out of his cocoon his entire life..You don't give one shit about soldiers from poor strata of society and those joining out of misplaced sense of patriotism and machoism...

You are quick to label UN as incompetent because of its failure to check the warmongering ways of USA and its master Israel. Have you seen a mirror lately?

Yes shitholes. I say we bring home all of our troops from those shitholes, regardless of their social fucking strata.

Let the UN handle this crap with one less member. ;)
Maddog

Postby Rockstar » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:00 pm

Maddog wrote:
Rockstar wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Yes shitholes. I say we bring home all of our troops from those shitholes, regardless of their social fucking strata.

Who gives a fuck about what you say? Certainly not the Warmongering cunts. I assume you earn and pay taxes..How does it feel your tax money going towards killing children eh?
Rockstar

Postby Maddog » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:49 pm

Rockstar wrote:
Maddog wrote:
Rockstar wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Who gives a fuck about what you say? Certainly not the Warmongering cunts. I assume you earn and pay taxes..How does it feel your tax money going towards killing children eh?

No one gives a fuck about what either of us say.

I would prefer that we spend a great deal less on warfare and defense, but as you say, no one gives a fuck what I say. :thumbsup:
Maddog

Postby Rockstar » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:56 pm

Maddog wrote:

I would prefer that we spend a great deal less on warfare and defense, but as you say, no one gives a fuck what I say. :thumbsup:

The reason I say no one gives a fuck about what you say is because of your hollow words. On one hand you swear blind allegiance to the US military complex and on the other hand you want them all back to the Third Fourth Reich away from the "shitholes" you so eloquently put.I still believe it is rich of you to label other countries as "shitholes" when you have set foot outside US.
Rockstar

Postby Fletch » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:04 pm

For all the faults of the UN, and that may well be down to location and money/favours/hospitality/(bribes), what would the alternative be?

I know maddog thinks the US can do what it wants, when it wants all over the world without being questioned but do we really want a world like that? One where any country can do what it wants when it wants to who it wants without censure followed by action if appropriate?

The UN is definitely too western narrative focussed and influenced by wealth and power of some of the west. This time though, the UN resisted America's attempt to pile more pressure on Iran over it's protests, rightly pointing out it wasn't a UN issue. If the UN was less western influenced, we might see some real progress in the Israel/Palestine issue rather than Israel ignoring all resolutions and demands to return stolen land.

Those who believe in international law, and why wouldn't you?, can see the need for an organisation like the UN. It's not perfect but it does have merit. As said at the beginning, what's the alternative?
Fletch

Postby Maddog » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:26 pm

Fletch wrote:For all the faults of the UN, and that may well be down to location and money/favours/hospitality/(bribes), what would the alternative be?

I know maddog thinks the US can do what it wants, when it wants all over the world without being questioned but do we really want a world like that? One where any country can do what it wants when it wants to who it wants without censure followed by action if appropriate?

The UN is definitely too western narrative focussed and influenced by wealth and power of some of the west. This time though, the UN resisted America's attempt to pile more pressure on Iran over it's protests, rightly pointing out it wasn't a UN issue. If the UN was less western influenced, we might see some real progress in the Israel/Palestine issue rather than Israel ignoring all resolutions and demands to return stolen land.

Those who believe in international law, and why wouldn't you?, can see the need for an organisation like the UN. It's not perfect but it does have merit. As said at the beginning, what's the alternative?

The alternative is nothing, which is superior to an expensive, corrupt, useless organization.

Sometimes you have to stop beating a dead horse and just walk away. :thumbsup:
Maddog

Postby Maddog » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:27 pm

Rockstar wrote:
Maddog wrote:

The reason I say no one gives a fuck about what you say is because of your hollow words. On one hand you swear blind allegiance to the US military complex and on the other hand you want them all back to the Third Fourth Reich away from the "shitholes" you so eloquently put.I still believe it is rich of you to label other countries as "shitholes" when you have set foot outside US.

I don't swear blind allegiance to anything.

Nice try Rocky. :wubwub:
Maddog

Postby Maddog » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:36 pm

Here is another example of how useless the UN and their "votes" are.

United Nations General Assembly Resolution 68/262 was adopted on March 27, 2014 by the sixty-eighth session of the United Nations General Assembly in response to the Russian annexation of Crimea and entitled "Territorial integrity of Ukraine". The non-binding resolution, which was supported by 100 United Nations member states, affirmed the General Assembly's commitment to the territorial integrity of Ukraine within its internationally recognized borders and underscored the invalidity of the 2014 Crimean referendum. Eleven nations voted against the resolution, while 58 abstained, and a further 24 states were absent when the vote took place.

The resolution was introduced by Canada, Costa Rica, Germany, Lithuania, Poland and Ukraine. The adoption of the resolution was preceded by the unsuccessful attempts of the United Nations Security Council, which convened seven sessions to address the Crimean crisis, only to face a Russian veto of draft resolution S/2014/189, sponsored by 42 countries.

The UN General Assembly also passed the related Resolution 71/205 in December 2016, entitled "Situation of human rights in the Autonomous Republic of Crimea and the city of Sevastopol (Ukraine)"

Countries supporting the resolution;

Albania, Andorra, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Barbados, Belgium, Benin, Bhutan, Bulgaria, Cameroon, Canada, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Guatemala, Guinea, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Kiribati, Kuwait, Latvia, Liberia, Libya, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Malaysia, Maldives, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, New Zealand, Niger, Nigeria, Norway, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Samoa, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, Somalia, Spain, South Korea, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Togo, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States

Countries opposed;

Armenia, Belarus, Bolivia, Cuba, Nicaragua, North Korea, Russia, Sudan, Syria, Venezuela, Zimbabwe

And in the end, the UN, and it's "votes" were meaningless.
Maddog

Postby Fletch » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:55 pm

Crimea was taken over to protect the Russian base there (port) which was in danger of being taken by US backed regime changers (terrorists)

They had a vote then for the people of Crimea who voted to return, note that mads, return, to the Russian fold.

You, as instructed by the propaganda, have a real bug up your arse about Russia. They are not the ones going round the world doing regime changes and funding, training and arming terrorists. That's the US/west and it's chums.

You're happy without international law because your society and government have convinced you that might is right and there's no bigger, more expensive or corrupt than the US when it comes to that.

The Romans thought that too...
Fletch

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs