Disability benefit changes ‘blatantly discriminate’

Re: Disability benefit changes ‘blatantly discriminate’

Postby Raggamuffin » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:27 pm

I'd like to know more about these psychiatric conditions as they seem to be all lumped together at the moment. Having a particular condition doesn't make someone automatically entitled to disability benefits, it's how the condition affects you which is important. If a condition is controlled with drugs, or can be controlled with drugs, there's no reason for the person to get disability benefits.
User avatar
Raggamuffin
 
Posts: 29642
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:51 am

Re: Disability benefit changes ‘blatantly discriminate’

Postby Cannydc » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:03 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I'd like to know more about these psychiatric conditions as they seem to be all lumped together at the moment. Having a particular condition doesn't make someone automatically entitled to disability benefits, it's how the condition affects you which is important. If a condition is controlled with drugs, or can be controlled with drugs, there's no reason for the person to get disability benefits.


And do they ?

As far as I can tell, they get to be assessed by the wonderful ATOS.

Outcomes of those assessments are well documented.
User avatar
Cannydc
 
Posts: 11773
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:59 pm

Re: Disability benefit changes ‘blatantly discriminate’

Postby Fletch » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:18 am

Lionel Jesse wrote:Disagreeing with the UN is the norm for any self respecting person. Vile organisation, corrupt, anti semetic, and ridiculously stupid (Mugabe folks, Mugabe...)

Anyway, how do people want this to work. A system with few if any checks, where anyone can claim and receive, or one with controls, used to prevent people taking advantage and defrauding the system?

And should people be assessed? At least once if not on a regular basis? Or simply believed? What about using their doctors. But what if their doctors is one of those who will sign off anything?


Accompanied by an anti disability rant complete with 'defrauding the system' and even the lack of capitalisation of Semitic (wrongly spelt)...

:bell:

:customs:
User avatar
Fletch
 
Posts: 9663
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:35 pm

Re: Disability benefit changes ‘blatantly discriminate’

Postby Lionel Jesse » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:25 pm

McAz wrote:
Lionel Jesse wrote:I agree with that. I would like to see more counselling offered where possible as it can make a huge difference.

Counselling is available in Cumbria within weeks after assessment (including from self-referral) - it's been very successful by all accounts.


In Lancashire its the same, within a few weeks you will be seen. Also in Lincolnshire as my uncle recently had a breakdown and required their services.

Most of the problems occur in high population areas. I could ring my doctor now and get an appointment today for example.
User avatar
Lionel Jesse
 
Posts: 198
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:07 pm

Re: Disability benefit changes ‘blatantly discriminate’

Postby Lionel Jesse » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:32 pm

Fletch wrote:
Lionel Jesse wrote:Disagreeing with the UN is the norm for any self respecting person. Vile organisation, corrupt, anti semetic, and ridiculously stupid (Mugabe folks, Mugabe...)

Anyway, how do people want this to work. A system with few if any checks, where anyone can claim and receive, or one with controls, used to prevent people taking advantage and defrauding the system?

And should people be assessed? At least once if not on a regular basis? Or simply believed? What about using their doctors. But what if their doctors is one of those who will sign off anything?


Accompanied by an anti disability rant complete with 'defrauding the system' and even the lack of capitalisation of Semitic (wrongly spelt)...

:bell:

:customs:


How is it anti disability rant you complete moron?
User avatar
Lionel Jesse
 
Posts: 198
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:07 pm

Re: Disability benefit changes ‘blatantly discriminate’

Postby McAz » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:42 pm

Fletch wrote:Accompanied by an anti disability rant complete with 'defrauding the system' and even the lack of capitalisation of Semitic (wrongly spelt)...

:bell:


Always a worrying sign - but put it down to grammatical error until or unless further racism emerges.
User avatar
McAz
 
Posts: 30450
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:57 am

Re: Disability benefit changes ‘blatantly discriminate’

Postby Lionel Jesse » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:09 pm

Ahh, so a common misspelling of a word is racist.... how about the lefts hardline hatred of Jews and the state of Israel? I guess that's not antisemitism but anti-Zionism..... you know, being against a Jewish Homeland....
User avatar
Lionel Jesse
 
Posts: 198
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:07 pm

Re: Disability benefit changes ‘blatantly discriminate’

Postby McAz » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:17 pm

Lionel Jesse wrote:Ahh, so a common misspelling of a word is racist.... how about the lefts hardline hatred of Jews and the state of Israel? I guess that's not antisemitism but anti-Zionism..... you know, being against a Jewish Homeland....

Common among anti-Semites, yes. But don't worry, you have another chance. :thumbsup:
User avatar
McAz
 
Posts: 30450
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:57 am

Re: Disability benefit changes ‘blatantly discriminate’

Postby Lionel Jesse » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:39 pm

I'll check with my friends in Israel...
User avatar
Lionel Jesse
 
Posts: 198
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:07 pm

Re: Disability benefit changes ‘blatantly discriminate’

Postby McAz » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:40 pm

Lionel Jesse wrote:I'll check with my friends in Israel...


Just go to Tescos. :dunno:
User avatar
McAz
 
Posts: 30450
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:57 am

Re: Disability benefit changes ‘blatantly discriminate’

Postby Lionel Jesse » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:42 pm

Asda is better
User avatar
Lionel Jesse
 
Posts: 198
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:07 pm

Re: Disability benefit changes ‘blatantly discriminate’

Postby McAz » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:46 pm

Lionel Jesse wrote:Asda is better


Not if you need Matzo crackers.

Image
User avatar
McAz
 
Posts: 30450
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:57 am

Re: Disability benefit changes ‘blatantly discriminate’

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:12 pm

Lionel Jesse wrote:Ahh, so a common misspelling of a word is racist.... how about the lefts hardline hatred of Jews and the state of Israel? I guess that's not antisemitism but anti-Zionism..... you know, being against a Jewish Homeland....

There God forbids them from having a homeland.
They are to be scattered amongst the nations.
Some pictures for you which are never in the mainstream media >>>>>>>>>>> https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Jews+ ... 36&bih=759
User avatar
Rolluplostinspace
 
Posts: 4712
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:12 pm

Re: Disability benefit changes ‘blatantly discriminate’

Postby Lionel Jesse » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:58 pm

You realise who those "Jews" are, dont you? Ultra Orthodox. Aka extremists.

These images are regularly shown in the mainstream media, Guardian, BBC, Independent and other anti-zionist press
User avatar
Lionel Jesse
 
Posts: 198
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:07 pm

Re: Disability benefit changes ‘blatantly discriminate’

Postby McAz » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:59 pm

Lionel Jesse wrote:You realise who those "Jews" are, dont you? Ultra Orthodox. Aka extremists.

These images are regularly shown in the mainstream media, Guardian, BBC, Independent and other anti-zionist press


Are Torah Jews not allowed a voice?
User avatar
McAz
 
Posts: 30450
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:57 am

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests