Universal Credit

Re: Universal Credit

Postby Raggamuffin » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:14 pm

Snookerballs wrote:Another part of his "So called" lifestyle that we are expected to believe, :dunno:

Some people have houses left to them I guess.
Raggamuffin

Postby Raggamuffin » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:18 pm

What is the actual difference with Universal Credit anyway? It's replacing six other benefits.

Child Tax Credit
Housing Benefit
Income Support
income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
Working Tax Credit

If you're unemployed, will you get the equivalent of housing benefit and JSA all in one go or what? How does that work if council tenants never see the housing benefit?
Raggamuffin

Postby Markey mark » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:16 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:What is the actual difference with Universal Credit anyway? It's replacing six other benefits.

Child Tax Credit
Housing Benefit
Income Support
Working Tax Credit

If you're unemployed, will you get the equivalent of housing benefit and JSA all in one go or what? How does that work if council tenants never see the housing benefit?

Say I was getting housing benefits and on job seelers , at the moment just say i get £55 Paid into my bank to live on, and the goverment pays for my rent what’s £140 a week , directly to the council , all I do is pay service charges ie hot water or heating , properly couple pounds ,

With universal credit and I on housing benefits and job seekers , I get paid the £55 pounds a week to live on but I also get the £140 rent money paid into my account as well , and it down to me to pay my rent to the council myself .

The reason they government brought in universal credit , the government want to encourage people on benefits to be more responsible with money

Now say I’m a heron addict on job seekers and get housing benefits, again I get £55 week to live on , that just feeds my habit , I’m in rent arrears because I haven’t paid my £3 week service charges for 5 years , but now under the universal credit I also get £140 rent money paid into my bank as well , and the fools think I going to pay my rent , no it’s going on heron
Markey mark

Postby Raggamuffin » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:24 pm

Markey mark wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:What is the actual difference with Universal Credit anyway? It's replacing six other benefits.

Child Tax Credit
Housing Benefit
Income Support
Working Tax Credit

Say I was getting housing benefits and on job seelers , at the moment just say i get £55 Paid into my bank to live on, and the goverment pays for my rent what’s £140 a week , directly to the council , all I do is pay service charges ie hot water or heating , properly couple pounds ,

With universal credit and I on housing benefits and job seekers , I get paid the £55 pounds a week to live on but I also get the £140 rent money paid into my account as well , and it down to me to pay my rent to the council myself .

The reason they government brought in universal credit , the government want to encourage people on benefits to be more responsible with money

Now say I’m a heron addict on job seekers and get housing benefits, again I get £55 week to live on , that just feeds my habit , I’m in rent arrears because I haven’t paid my £3 week service charges for 5 years , but now under the universal credit I also get £140 rent money paid into my bank as well , and the fools think I going to pay my rent , no it’s going on heron

But private tenants were already getting their housing benefit plus their JSA paid directly to them.
Raggamuffin

Postby Markey mark » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:27 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Markey mark wrote:

Child Tax Credit
Housing Benefit
Income Support
Working Tax Credit

But private tenants were already getting their housing benefit plus their JSA paid directly to them.

I’m talking about council tenants ,
Markey mark

Postby McAz » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:29 pm

Markey mark wrote:

Child Tax Credit
Housing Benefit
Income Support
Working Tax Credit

It has the neat by-effect of causing additional problems for local authorities with high numbers of council tenants - mostly Labour councils. Everything is political.
McAz

Postby Raggamuffin » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:32 pm

Markey mark wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
Markey mark wrote:

Child Tax Credit
Housing Benefit
Income Support
Working Tax Credit

Oh right. So they're just changing it so that council tenants also get the housing benefit directly. Is that the only difference?
Raggamuffin

Postby Markey mark » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:42 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Markey mark wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
Markey mark wrote:

Child Tax Credit
Housing Benefit
Income Support
Working Tax Credit

Oh right. So they're just changing it so that council tenants also get the housing benefit directly. Is that the only difference?

Yes but every council in the uk , have massive rent arrears because people don’t pay their service charges that only few pounds a week , because they have addictions , give a crystal meth resident £600 every month and then expect him to pay that £600 on rent , is never going to happen
Markey mark

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:47 pm

very few councils have a service charge, most tenants pay their utilities individually. it's usually only assisted living council properties that have a service charge.

Postby Raggamuffin » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:47 pm

Markey mark wrote:

Yes but every council in the uk , have massive rent arrears because people don’t pay their service charges that only few pounds a week , because they have addictions , give a crystal meth resident £600 every month and then expect him to pay that £600 on rent , is never going to happen

So what will the councils do? Evict those tenants?
Raggamuffin

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:50 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Markey mark wrote:

yes, eventually.

Postby Markey mark » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:17 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Markey mark wrote:

Yes in the long run , but why make the situation worst by handing more money at larger amounts to someone that behind payments already and have a drug, alcohol or gambling addiction, we Not talking about a few , we taking about ten of thousands in the uk that are in this situation
Markey mark

Postby calitom » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:25 pm

In the USA it is very difficult(long waiting period and checks) to get on housing assistance. For those on it there are very strict rules of comlliance re who gets to stay at your house etc. You break these rules u get booted out of the house and the extremely generous housing allowance goes out the window.The 'section 8' people then need to go to the back of a very long line until they can get back into a house that they only have to pay maybe a 5th of the normal rent for.
I have 3 rentals. One is to a business that I own so I better trust myself. The other two are run by property mgrs who know all the legalities and who manage the place,do credit screenings,handle any legal matters and take care of collecting the money and doing repairs and accounting. Its very worth the money they charge.
Out of the 2 homes that are run by the property mgr ONE of them is a 'section 8'deal. So the govt deposits a good chunk of the rent right into my acct.The prop mgr collects the small amt that comes directly from the renter.
Having section 8 is like gold to these poor people. If they screw up by not paying their meager share or by not following the strict rules of rental they lose an extremely valuable and hard to get form of welfare.
calitom

Previous

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs