Liverpool Arena Car Park Fire

Liverpool Arena Car Park Fire

Postby Major » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:27 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-ma ... r-42529615

It is on the news now, 1400 cars destroyed.

When firemen arrived only smoke was visible from the road, it seems strange they did not get it under control before it turned into a dreadful inferno.

I wonder if it was deliberate???????????????????????
Major
Twat.

Re: Liverpool Arena Car Park Fire

Postby Cannydc » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:32 am

One car caught fire on the 3rd floor.

All those petrol bombs in the guise of fuel tanks..... didn't take long to all go up.

My only question is - what happened to the sprinklers ? Assuming they had them like most (if not all) MSCPs, they didn't work...
Cannydc

Postby Snookerballs » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:26 pm

Cannydc wrote:One car caught fire on the 3rd floor.

All those petrol bombs in the guise of fuel tanks..... didn't take long to all go up.

My only question is - what happened to the sprinklers ? Assuming they had them like most (if not all) MSCPs, they didn't work...

It is believed that an old Range Rover started the blaze with a minor engine fire, car fires are common occurrences due to the plastics used (including the Fuel Tank) a wire can chafe and short circuit causing a fire and with the large number of cars parked for the Arena event the fire quickly spread.

They do not have sprinklers in these open car parks because they are liable to weather and can freeze, instead they have what is called a "Dry Riser" system this is a system of Pipe work from ground level with outlets for firefighters hose on each floor, the system has to be charged by a Fire Appliance on Ground Level, firefighters connect their hose to the outlets on the floor of the fire but it depends how serious the fire is and whether the firefighters can get to the outlets in safety not only are the fuel tanks exploding but also exploding tyres of the vehicles can be a serious problem which add to the inferno .

Snookerballs

Postby Cannydc » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:50 pm

Snookerballs wrote:
Cannydc wrote:One car caught fire on the 3rd floor.

It is believed that an old Range Rover started the blaze with a minor engine fire, car fires are common occurrences due to the plastics used (including the Fuel Tank) a wire can chafe and short circuit causing a fire and with the large number of cars parked for the Arena event the fire quickly spread.

They do not have sprinklers in these open car parks because they are liable to weather and can freeze, instead they have what is called a "Dry Riser" system this is a system of Pipe work from ground level with outlets for firefighters hose on each floor, the system has to be charged by a Fire Appliance on Ground Level, firefighters connect their hose to the outlets on the floor of the fire but it depends how serious the fire is and whether the firefighters can get to the outlets in safety not only are the fuel tanks exploding but also exploding tyres of the vehicles can be a serious problem which add to the inferno .

Very informative, many thanks and Happy New Year, Snookerballs. :more beer:
Cannydc

Postby Stooo » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:05 pm

No-one got hurt or killed and they got the horses out safely. No claims bonuses are going to take a hit but it's only cars.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Cannydc » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:27 pm

Stooo wrote:No-one got hurt or killed and they got the horses out safely. No claims bonuses are going to take a hit but it's only cars.

Protected No Claims the order of the day these days, Stooo.

Certainly is for me, a year ago I wrote off my 3 week old Hyundai i40 on the M4 25 miles from Bristol. Still have full no claims, another new i40 and my renewal was £440 :whistle:
Cannydc

Postby calitom » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:41 pm

Stooo wrote:No-one got hurt or killed and they got the horses out safely. No claims bonuses are going to take a hit but it's only cars.

a miracle
calitom

Postby Major » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:59 pm

A 1,000C inferno that incinerated up to 1,600 vehicles in a car park 'could have been stopped' if sprinklers had been fitted in the building.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z52y7m7MjX
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Look at that floor.
Major
Twat.

Postby McAz » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:14 pm

Major wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-42529615

It is on the news now, 1400 cars destroyed.

When firemen arrived only smoke was visible from the road, it seems strange they did not get it under control before it turned into a dreadful inferno.

I wonder if it was deliberate???????????????????????

There's no evidence of it being deliberate, is there, starbold? :dunno:
McAz

Postby Snookerballs » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:11 pm

As I mentioned in the link it would be impracticable to fit a Sprinkler system to a high rise car park, a wet system would be liable to freezing,( and accidental/malicious damage )
a Dry System (no water in the System) would be reliant on a Pump to deliver water to the Sprinkler heads, plus water pressure in relationship to height of buildings ( called head of water pressure, I have long forgotten the Formulae ) would be insufficient without a pump .

Investment should be better made in Fire Prevention in High Rise Occupied Properties, although accidental discharge of a Sprinkler system can cause devastating results. It shows how we think these days when we put the priority of a car on fire to the life of a Human.
And to conclude the RSPCA should take the people that left the dogs in the car in the Car Park to Court.
Snookerballs

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:43 pm

Snookerballs wrote:As I mentioned in the link it would be impracticable to fit a Sprinkler system to a high rise car park, a wet system would be liable to freezing,( and accidental/malicious damage )
a Dry System (no water in the System) would be reliant on a Pump to deliver water to the Sprinkler heads, plus water pressure in relationship to height of buildings ( called head of water pressure, I have long forgotten the Formulae ) would be insufficient without a pump .

Investment should be better made in Fire Prevention in High Rise Occupied Properties, although accidental discharge of a Sprinkler system can cause devastating results. It shows how we think these days when we put the priority of a car on fire to the life of a Human.
And to conclude the RSPCA should take the people that left the dogs in the car in the Car Park to Court.

i completely agree with you, snooks.

Postby Cannydc » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:55 pm

"And to conclude the RSPCA should take the people that left the dogs in the car in the Car Park to Court."

On what charge, I wonder ?

It was dark, not sunny, it was cool, not hot, and as far as I know, the car windows may have been slightly down to allow good ventilation.

People in their millions leave dogs at home every day, in no worse conditions.
Cannydc

Postby Viper » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:00 pm

Built in 2008. Under labour gov. Im guessing the crass individuals who tried to weaponise the deaths of the grenfell will do the same here?
Viper

Postby Cannydc » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:17 pm

Viper wrote:Built in 2008. Under labour gov. Im guessing the crass individuals who tried to weaponise the deaths of the grenfell will do the same here?

You might, I suppose.

But it's a bloody car park. No kids sleeping in their beds etc. And a perfectly valid fire suppression system. And no cladding done 'on the cheap'.
Cannydc

Postby Viper » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:06 pm

Cannydc wrote:
Viper wrote:Built in 2008. Under labour gov. Im guessing the crass individuals who tried to weaponise the deaths of the grenfell will do the same here?

You might, I suppose.

But it's a bloody car park. No kids sleeping in their beds etc. And a perfectly valid fire suppression system. And no cladding done 'on the cheap'.

No i wont. But as per i see you cant resist. :roll:

It was a telegraphed effort. Didnt expect you to still fall in it. Never fail to be disappointed by lefties.
Viper

Next

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs