Muslim youth group litter pick

Re: Muslim youth group litter pick

Postby Stooo » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:55 pm

McAz wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Markey mark wrote:Fast food places and takeaway food places should take more action around their shops , and litter louts should do a days coummiuty service picking up letter if they got caught littering as punishment, instead of a fine that they properly wont pay

I totally agree, in fact drive-thrus should have a tariff on every piece of wrapping and packaging around the food in my view! Community service should be an option for littering, I got nudged for £85 for a dogend while my late dad got that twice that for his Jack Russells crapping in a cow field. At his age then he wouldn't have been able to do CS but I'd have been fine giving up a couple of weekends to save a few quid.

Now I must ask (curiosity/cat etc).

I've never heard of these litter sanction schemes - were you caught on camera, by a warden, or what?

Warden. I was waiting for a telephone number to be activated at a phone cabinet (can take a while) and had a fag while waiting for things to work. flicked the dogend into the gutter and within fifteen seconds a shaven headed guy in his early 20's pulled up in a white Astra van with his yellow beacons on. All in black and boots apart from the obvs HiViz he started to shout at me about ZERO TOLERANCE! Even though I'd picked up the dogend and put it in a bucket in the back of the van. I told him that I wasn't from Exeter and I didn't know their local bylaws. I appealed but they just kept telling me how much it would cost me whenif I lost at CC level
Stooo
Site Admin

Re: Muslim youth group litter pick

Postby McAz » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:02 pm

Stooo wrote:
McAz wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Markey mark wrote:Fast food places and takeaway food places should take more action around their shops , and litter louts should do a days coummiuty service picking up letter if they got caught littering as punishment, instead of a fine that they properly wont pay

I totally agree, in fact drive-thrus should have a tariff on every piece of wrapping and packaging around the food in my view! Community service should be an option for littering, I got nudged for £85 for a dogend while my late dad got that twice that for his Jack Russells crapping in a cow field. At his age then he wouldn't have been able to do CS but I'd have been fine giving up a couple of weekends to save a few quid.

Now I must ask (curiosity/cat etc).

I've never heard of these litter sanction schemes - were you caught on camera, by a warden, or what?

Warden. I was waiting for a telephone number to be activated at a phone cabinet (can take a while) and had a fag while waiting for things to work. flicked the dogend into the gutter and within fifteen seconds a shaven headed guy in his early 20's pulled up in a white Astra van with his yellow beacons on. All in black and boots apart from the obvs HiViz he started to shout at me about ZERO TOLERANCE! Even though I'd picked up the dogend and put it in a bucket in the back of the van. I told him that I wasn't from Exeter and I didn't know their local bylaws. I appealed but they just kept telling me how much it would cost me whenif I lost at CC level

Jesus! That's rough justice - I didn't know jobsworths started so young.
McAz

Previous

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs