NHS IN CRISIS

Re: NHS IN CRISIS

Postby Cannydc » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:43 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
measurer wrote:National Insurance needs to go up and heads at the top need to roll. Monklands is one hospital I wouldn't want to go to, but it is one I can use. True, we dod have a flu epidemic, ( still getting over it 4 weeks later), but nurses' moral is rock bottom, as for the doctors in places like A&E, God help them, for it won't be this government.
The Scots will put up more of a fight though, so Nicola will rely on it to get them through.

The whole thing disgusts me and ALL governments have ruined it, though by far the Tories. It's a cash cow to them, just un-usable tax they can't have.....but they do in other ways. Certainly rising it would definitely help, but I feel it is too corrupted now, Britain needs to make a stance.

They can put up NI in Scotland, as long as they don't put it up in England. :mrgreen:

As the NHS funding for all patients is broadly similar, I would welcome a small emergency tax hike across the board, say a penny on Basic Rate to 21p, 40p rate to rise by comparable amount, 2p to 42p, and top rate up by 3p. At the same time, Corporation Tax to rise by a penny. 2 years only - Every penny to be used to modernise and properly fund the NHS, including the beginning of training many new doctors and nurses, all t be contracted to work in the NHS for a minimum period, post training.

And yes, if proven a success, it may be extended. It would be in any progressive parties election manifesto.

Well I wouldn't welcome it, I already pay enough tax and NI as it is.

It isn't about you, per se. It's about ALL OF US.

Paying a few pounds extra tax a month is the answer, whether we like it on a personal basis or not.

We all get old. We all get ill. We all need a bit of help, and the NHS is what we have to provide it.

Never a truer word spoken about this lot. For Thatcher, read May, Cameron....

Cannydc

Postby measurer » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:07 pm

I think that what we pay in N.I is pennies, particularly when we need heart ops, etc.. A small rise would definitely help. And as CannyDC has said, we are all getting older and we will require their services more and more ourselves. It's that or private insurance. I know which I prefer and can afford. Our NHS is what sets Britain apart from other countries, and it seriously needs building back to a level it was in the 1960/70's.
measurer

Postby measurer » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:10 pm

Cannydc wrote:
measurer wrote:
Viper wrote:
measurer wrote:National Insurance needs to go up and heads at the top need to roll. Monklands is one hospital I wouldn't want to go to, but it is one I can use. True, we dod have a flu epidemic, ( still getting over it 4 weeks later), but nurses' moral is rock bottom, as for the doctors in places like A&E, God help them, for it won't be this government.
The Scots will put up more of a fight though, so Nicola will rely on it to get them through.

The whole thing disgusts me and ALL governments have ruined it, though by far the Tories. It's a cash cow to them, just un-usable tax they can't have.....but they do in other ways. Certainly rising it would definitely help, but I feel it is too corrupted now, Britain needs to make a stance.

Monklands?...in Lanarkshire?....where health is a devolved budget and you have autonomous tax raising powers? :pmsl:

You are an idiot.

SNP are spunking all your generous cash away on jonny boxes for new mums etc.

I didn't say I used it twat. Did I tell you a truth as in the TORIES want to privatise everything? Any comment on the following?

Turning the NHS into another Carillion.

Bet the Tory queue for shares in the new venture is on tenterhooks.

And the backhanders to get them massive!
measurer

Postby Viper » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:12 pm

measurer wrote:I think that what we pay in N.I is pennies, particularly when we need heart ops, etc.. A small rise would definitely help. And as CannyDC has said, we are all getting older and we will require their services more and more ourselves. It's that or private insurance. I know which I prefer and can afford. Our NHS is what sets Britain apart from other countries, and it seriously needs building back to a level it was in the 1960/70's.

Lol. Lefties in 'realising we all get older' shock. I can see why abbott is the cream of the thinkers in your parties :pmsl:
Viper

Postby Raggamuffin » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:13 pm

Cannydc wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

They can put up NI in Scotland, as long as they don't put it up in England. :mrgreen:

As the NHS funding for all patients is broadly similar, I would welcome a small emergency tax hike across the board, say a penny on Basic Rate to 21p, 40p rate to rise by comparable amount, 2p to 42p, and top rate up by 3p. At the same time, Corporation Tax to rise by a penny. 2 years only - Every penny to be used to modernise and properly fund the NHS, including the beginning of training many new doctors and nurses, all t be contracted to work in the NHS for a minimum period, post training.

And yes, if proven a success, it may be extended. It would be in any progressive parties election manifesto.

Well I wouldn't welcome it, I already pay enough tax and NI as it is.

It isn't about you, per se. It's about ALL OF US.

Paying a few pounds extra tax a month is the answer, whether we like it on a personal basis or not.

We all get old. We all get ill. We all need a bit of help, and the NHS is what we have to provide it.

Never a truer word spoken about this lot. For Thatcher, read May, Cameron....

It's OK for you people who earn loads of money, or those who don't bother to work but get NI credits. I pay enough, and I don't want to pay more.
Raggamuffin

Postby Fletch » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:14 pm

It would be more beneficial to return the NHS to state hands from CCGs that Tories gave it to and stop funnelling tax payers money in to private pockets under the guise of providing a comprehensive health service.

Return corporation tax to 2009 levels and higher level income from 45% back to 50%. (that's for income above 150,000)

Return funding to social care and stop the cuts to local government from central government grants.
Fletch

Postby Viper » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:19 pm

Fletch wrote:It would be more beneficial to return the NHS to state hands from CCGs that Tories gave it to and stop funnelling tax payers money in to private pockets under the guise of providing a comprehensive health service.

Return corporation tax to 2009 levels and higher level income from 45% back to 50%. (that's for income above 150,000)

Return funding to social care and stop the cuts to local government from central government grants.

Get the yeild figures for comparison.

Another abbott acolyte. :mrgreen:
Viper

Postby Cannydc » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:24 pm

"It's OK for you people who earn loads of money, or those who don't bother to work but get NI credits. I pay enough, and I don't want to pay more."

Nice.

I'm not one of 'you people who earn lots of money"

And I defy you to put a price on returning a sick child to a normal existence, or the curing of a parent with cancer.

Time is short. You may need it sooner than you think. I hope it's still available when your time comes.
Cannydc

Postby Stooo » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:25 pm

The basic rate of tax needs to go up, enough of the bullshit hidden tax that is national insurance, it all goes into the same pot.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Raggamuffin » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:26 pm

Cannydc wrote:"It's OK for you people who earn loads of money, or those who don't bother to work but get NI credits. I pay enough, and I don't want to pay more."

Nice.

And I defy you to put a price on returning a sick child to a normal existence, or the curing of a parent with cancer.

Time is short. You may need it sooner than you think. I hope it's still available when your time comes.

If they used the money more efficiently, there would be no need for anyone to pay more. For a start, people with flu should stay at home instead of going to their GP and spreading it around there. You can't cure a virus with medication anyway.
Raggamuffin

Postby Raggamuffin » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:27 pm

Stooo wrote:

The basic rate of tax needs to go up, enough of the bullshit hidden tax that is national insurance, it all goes into the same pot.

Yes, but NI insurance is different when it comes to the State pension and/or benefits.
Raggamuffin

Postby Stooo » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:30 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Yes, but NI insurance is different when it comes to the State pension and/or benefits.

That's down to how it's allocated after collection. NI is bullshit, lump it in with the general tax and realistically take the poorer out of taxation.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:32 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Cannydc wrote:"It's OK for you people who earn loads of money, or those who don't bother to work but get NI credits. I pay enough, and I don't want to pay more."

Nice.

If they used the money more efficiently, there would be no need for anyone to pay more. For a start, people with flu should stay at home instead of going to their GP and spreading it around there. You can't cure a virus with medication anyway.

You never get tired of preaching the warped gospel according to St ragga do you :shake head:

Postby measurer » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:35 pm

Viper wrote:
measurer wrote:I think that what we pay in N.I is pennies, particularly when we need heart ops, etc.. A small rise would definitely help. And as CannyDC has said, we are all getting older and we will require their services more and more ourselves. It's that or private insurance. I know which I prefer and can afford. Our NHS is what sets Britain apart from other countries, and it seriously needs building back to a level it was in the 1960/70's.

Lol. Lefties in 'realising we all get older' shock. I can see why abbott is the cream of the thinkers in your parties :pmsl:

Seriously is that it? Go and play with the traffic. I never said "realise" - it's a FACT, as Lucian would say. Diane Abbot? You're barking up the wrong tree. lol
measurer

Postby Raggamuffin » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:38 pm

Stooo wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
Stooo wrote:

That's down to how it's allocated after collection. NI is bullshit, lump it in with the general tax and realistically take the poorer out of taxation.

They're already out of it. People who earn between £113 and £157 per weeks don't pay any NI but they're credited with it. They only pay if they earn more than £157 per week. The personal allowance for tax is £11,000 a year.

Paying tax is a fact of life, and I think it would be better for more people to pay it, but at a smaller percentage.
Raggamuffin

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs