NHS IN CRISIS

Re: NHS IN CRISIS

Postby Viper » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:50 pm

Trapper John wrote:I certainly believe that in the OP - have seen it myself on numerous occasions - but wasn't it ever thus?

The NHS has been neglected by every government in the past 30 years or more, it's a monster that needs taming and no-one has been able to do it or had the will to do it.

One thing is for certain 'privatisation' is not the answer. It needs to get back to its original intention, offering health care at the point of need, it isn't and should never be sold to us as a panacea.

It's today's culture which has made things far worse than it should be, sometimes you've just got to tell the woman who comes into A&E that the headache she has is just that, a fucking headache - now piss off and take a couple of paracetamol, so I can deal with someone who really needs my help.

It's how it should be, at one time people would 'police' themselves, not go to hospitals and waste doctors and nurses time, unfortunately Blair's nanny state approach ruined that and created several generations of dumb twats who can't even tie their own shoe laces without supervision and think sneezing twice in succession means they have cancer of the nose.

It needs fixing and soon, otherwise we'll lose the single greatest social achievement in human history because we weren't strong enough to keep it from collapsing.

Few problems the NHS needs to solve from the 'insiders' i know...

Regularly overstretched in areas where population increse due to immigration has boomed out of control.

Total over prescription of medicines that feckless individuals burden the state with rather than accepting their own responsibility..asprin, travel sickness meds etc. These cost the NHS a fortune and should be bought by people themselves.

Bureaucracy (ballooned out of control under blair.) Get rid.

Treating lifestyle 'illnesses'. Feckless drain the system rather than helping themselves (lefties all over for you).
Viper

Postby Cannydc » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:24 pm

Not sourcing your 'insiders' I see.

Must be Sun journalists then.

Or, more likely, the voices in your head.

Cue the idiot Marmalute to dig up a few quotes from her "friends in the NHS" :pmsl: :pmsl:
Cannydc

Postby Cannydc » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:36 pm

Trapper John wrote:I certainly believe that in the OP - have seen it myself on numerous occasions - but wasn't it ever thus?

The NHS has been neglected by every government in the past 30 years or more, it's a monster that needs taming and no-one has been able to do it or had the will to do it.

One thing is for certain 'privatisation' is not the answer. It needs to get back to its original intention, offering health care at the point of need, it isn't and should never be sold to us as a panacea.

It's today's culture which has made things far worse than it should be, sometimes you've just got to tell the woman who comes into A&E that the headache she has is just that, a fucking headache - now piss off and take a couple of paracetamol, so I can deal with someone who really needs my help.

It's how it should be, at one time people would 'police' themselves, not go to hospitals and waste doctors and nurses time, unfortunately Blair's nanny state approach ruined that and created several generations of dumb twats who can't even tie their own shoe laces without supervision and think sneezing twice in succession means they have cancer of the nose.

It needs fixing and soon, otherwise we'll lose the single greatest social achievement in human history because we weren't strong enough to keep it from collapsing.

Some of your post is true. However, you plainly choose to ignore the following:

Under Blair:

Satisfaction ratings of the NHS rose to the highest since records began.

4 hours maximum to be seen in A+E was rarely, if ever breached.

Waiting times for operations were brought down from years to 18 weeks maximum.

Extra speedy consultations were in place for cancer and heart patients.

The smoking ban in public places was an unprecedented success, as an example there was a drop of 20% in heart attacks and strokes in year 1 in Scotland alone.

50 new hospitals were built to replace the crumbling, neglected wreckage of 18 years of Tory rule.

Tens of thousands of new doctors and nurses were hired.

Cannydc

Postby Red Okktober » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:37 pm

Cannydc wrote:They are mostly elderly - so not likely to be immigrants.

Where are you getting this from canny? Do immigrants spontaneously combust before reaching elderly status? We have second and third generation North African and Asian migrants living here - lots of them. For every third generation migrant, they have a grandpa and grandma out there somewhere - quite possibly clogging up A&E at their local hospital.

Anyway, thank you for the opportunity to link to one of my favourite NHS stories, one which I like to bring up whenever immigrant appeasers like you start threads like this.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... world.html

The map was put up by hospital administrators to 'celebrate the ethnic diversity' - something which seems to have backfired somewhat.
Red Okktober

Postby Cannydc » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:39 pm

Red Okktober wrote:
Cannydc wrote:They are mostly elderly - so not likely to be immigrants.

Where are you getting this from canny? Do immigrants spontaneously combust before reaching elderly status? We have second and third generation North African and Asian migrants living here - lots of them. For every third generation migrant, they have a grandpa and grandma out there somewhere - quite possibly clogging up A&E at their local hospital.

Anyway, thank you for the opportunity to link to one of my favourite NHS stories, one which I like to bring up whenever immigrant appeasers like you start threads like this.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... world.html

The map was put up by hospital administrators to 'celebrate the ethnic diversity' - something which seems to have backfired somewhat.

Most young immigrants are WORKING FOR the NHS, rather than using it.

Also, note that from 1997 - 2010 satisfaction with the NHS doubled - giving a lie to the claim that 'Blair's immigrants' were clogging up the NHS.
Cannydc

Postby Red Okktober » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:44 pm

Cannydc wrote:Most young immigrants are WORKING FOR the NHS, rather than using it.

I thought we were talking about the elderly? :dunno:

So are you saying immigrants tend not to use the NHS? You've already told us elderly immigrants don't, now you're suggesting the young ones don't use it much either.

How about all those immigrant mothers in the maternity ward, don't they count?
Red Okktober

Postby Lady Murasaki » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:48 pm

Red Okktober wrote:
Cannydc wrote:Most young immigrants are WORKING FOR the NHS, rather than using it.

So are you saying immigrants tend not to use the NHS? You've already told us elderly immigrants don't, now you're suggesting the young ones don't use it much either.

What's your solution?
Lady Murasaki

Postby Cannydc » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:49 pm

Red Okktober wrote:

And I may have misunderstood your stance against immigrants.

I certainly wasn't aware that you were perfectly happy to see young, fit EU migrants coming here to work.

Go to most A+Es, and you will find one group of people outnumber all the others together - they being indigenous elderly people. The same people who bed block, because there's no-one to mind them out of hospital.
Cannydc

Postby Red Okktober » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:50 pm

Cannydc wrote:Also, note that from 1997 - 2010 satisfaction with the NHS doubled - giving a lie to the claim that 'Blair's immigrants' were clogging up the NHS.

I daresay it did canny, with all those immigrants receiving proper treatment for free on the NHS, rather than getting their limbs sawn off in some flea-bitten hospital in some third world shithole.

I bet they were well satisfied.
Red Okktober

Postby Cannydc » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:51 pm

Red Okktober wrote:
Cannydc wrote:Also, note that from 1997 - 2010 satisfaction with the NHS doubled - giving a lie to the claim that 'Blair's immigrants' were clogging up the NHS.

I daresay it did canny, with all those immigrants receiving proper treatment for free on the NHS, rather than getting their limbs sawn off in some flea-bitten hospital in some third world shithole.

Which immigrants are those ?
Cannydc

Postby Red Okktober » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:58 pm

Cannydc wrote:[And I may have misunderstood your stance against immigrants.

I certainly wasn't aware that you were perfectly happy to see young, fit EU migrants coming here to work.

Go to most A+Es, and you will find one group of people outnumber all the others together - they being indigenous elderly people. The same people who bed block, because there's no-one to mind them out of hospital.

I've nothing against skilled immigrants coming here. I've always maintained that around 10-15% of the current immigration figures would be fine. Get rid of the other 85-90%, including all those treated in hospital, and you'll find the NHS would run a lot more smoothly - keeping a similar amount of immigrant doctors and nurses as we already have, but far fewer immigrant patients to treat.

We need to stop unskilled and unemployable immigrants coming in. We also should only allow immediate family to come in with the cherry-picked skilled workers - spouse and kids, and stop these huge extended families coming in that make a fair portion of the NHS patient base.
Red Okktober

Postby Red Okktober » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:04 pm

Cannydc wrote:
Red Okktober wrote:

Which immigrants are those ?

You just gave us some information - 'satisfaction with the NHS doubled' from 1997 to 2010. Are you going to tell us who was so satisfied? Do you not think those coming from countries with vastly inferior medical facilities, would be somewhat over the moon with the free treatment the NHS dishes out?
Red Okktober

Postby Lady Murasaki » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:13 pm

Red Okktober wrote:
Cannydc wrote:[And I may have misunderstood your stance against immigrants.

I've nothing against skilled immigrants coming here. I've always maintained that around 10-15% of the current immigration figures would be fine. Get rid of the other 85-90%, including all those treated in hospital, and you'll find the NHS would run a lot more smoothly - keeping a similar amount of immigrant doctors and nurses as we already have, but far fewer immigrant patients to treat.

We need to stop unskilled and unemployable immigrants coming in. We also should only allow immediate family to come in with the cherry-picked skilled workers - spouse and kids, and stop these huge extended families coming in that make a fair portion of the NHS patient base.

Many skilled immigrants come here and do menial jobs. So which part of skilled do you mean?
The NHS is struggling because of bad planning and low investment, or investing in the wrong ways.
A cynic would say it's a crafty way of undermining and disempowering the lower classes and making sure they blame the problems on one another/immigrants in your case.

Also, when something is free it isn't appreciated as much. The NHS and education in this country is taken for granted by many.
Eg. People who don't turn up for appointments add to the drain on resources.
They'll realise once it's gone.
Lady Murasaki

Postby malamute » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:41 pm

Viper wrote:Tl;dr and no citation. Likely yet another monologue from partisan source painted up as insider such as this previous effort....

https://order-order.com/2018/01/03/bbc- ... orbynista/

NHS in wales is ten times worse. Under direct labour administration.

Uncomfortable facts for labour.

Please use citations so we can check your fake news.

Thats true - Wales has had Labour running the show for about 20 years havent they?
malamute

Postby Red Okktober » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:51 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:Many skilled immigrants come here and do menial jobs. So which part of skilled do you mean?
The NHS is struggling because of bad planning and low investment, or investing in the wrong ways.
A cynic would say it's a crafty way of undermining and disempowering the lower classes and making sure they blame the problems on one another/immigrants in your case.

Also, when something is free it isn't appreciated as much. The NHS and education in this country is taken for granted by many.
Eg. People who don't turn up for appointments add to the drain on resources.
They'll realise once it's gone.

Many immigrants come here, and in effect, are just servicing other immigrants. Immigrant doctors treating immigrant patients, immigrant dish washers washing up after immigrant diners etc. Scenarios that could easily be played out in their own countries, without pressurising our already creaky infrastructure.

We have a shortage of houses, a shortage of hospital beds, long NHS waiting lists, classrooms filled with huge numbers of children, many not getting the attention they deserve, and many being held back due to non-English speaking children slowing the class's progress.

This is all because we have too many people here. As simple as. The solution? Stop letting so many people in.

Could you explain the benefit to the UK of a Dr Singh treating a Mrs Patel at the taxpayers expense on the NHS?
Red Okktober

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs