NHS IN CRISIS

Re: NHS Protest

Postby Fletch » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:30 pm

Lionel Jesse wrote:
Fletch wrote:
Lionel Jesse wrote:
Guest wrote:

:grrrrr: I doubt that many on here would have the attention span to watch the lot of it though :wurms:

I doubt a single one of them protesting could tell you either what the problems are, or how to solve them....

And as long as we ignore the underlying issues, the problem will remain, regardless of how much cash you throw at it.

A Tory government. :thumbsup:

See what I mean....

Literally dont have an answer. Those who complain without solutions should be ignored. :dafinger:

I suggest you read this thread.

NHS IN CRISIS

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=45099
Fletch

Postby Lionel Jesse » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:32 pm

Cannydc wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:I don't see the point in anyone protesting because there was a bunch of people who caught flu. What was the NHS supposed to do? Build a load of hospitals in a few weeks?

They could open many of the wards closed due to underfunding, and staff them with properly paid nurses who have recently left the NHS due to the intolerable workloads.

They could ensure that home care is available to the thousands of elderly bed blockers who are fit to leave hospital but cannot be discharged.

Both require one thing - MONEY.

Underfunding....

1997 £38billion
2017 £126billion

Underfunded they claim. What you mean is badly managed and politically weaponised. And yes, Blair was the one who made the biggest increase, and it literally did nothing at all for the service. There was a brief period where it did improve, a little.... until by the last 1990s, regular reports of NHS crisis, chaos, bed shortages and more were regular.

But then, when ways to further increase funding are proposed, people suddenly dont like the idea of paying more (sure, they'll accept a penny on income laughably....) Weird eh?
Lionel Jesse

Postby Lionel Jesse » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:34 pm

Fletch wrote:
Lionel Jesse wrote:
Fletch wrote:
Lionel Jesse wrote:
Guest wrote:

:grrrrr: I doubt that many on here would have the attention span to watch the lot of it though :wurms:

I doubt a single one of them protesting could tell you either what the problems are, or how to solve them....

And as long as we ignore the underlying issues, the problem will remain, regardless of how much cash you throw at it.

See what I mean....

Literally dont have an answer. Those who complain without solutions should be ignored. :dafinger:

I suggest you read this thread.

NHS IN CRISIS

http://thesleepingdogs.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=45099

Be a star and just list the solutions mentioned in the thread. I assume you posted the link because its full of solutions to a problem thats existed since 1948 and through at least 4 Labour governments.
Lionel Jesse

Postby Fletch » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:45 pm

Lionel Jesse wrote:
Fletch wrote:I suggest you read this thread.

NHS IN CRISIS

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=45099

Be a star and just list the solutions mentioned in the thread. I assume you posted the link because its full of solutions to a problem thats existed since 1948 and through at least 4 Labour governments.

This thread is about the protest, if you want a more in depth discussion of the NHS, post in the other thread.

Oh, I see you have posted in that thread. I'll bump it in case you didn't see my response to you in the last post in it. :thumbsup:
Fletch

Postby Stooo » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:46 pm

Lionel Jesse wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:I don't see the point in anyone protesting because there was a bunch of people who caught flu. What was the NHS supposed to do? Build a load of hospitals in a few weeks?

They could open many of the wards closed due to underfunding, and staff them with properly paid nurses who have recently left the NHS due to the intolerable workloads.

They could ensure that home care is available to the thousands of elderly bed blockers who are fit to leave hospital but cannot be discharged.

Both require one thing - MONEY.

Underfunding....

1997 £38billion
2017 £126billion

Underfunded they claim. What you mean is badly managed and politically weaponised. And yes, Blair was the one who made the biggest increase, and it literally did nothing at all for the service. There was a brief period where it did improve, a little.... until by the last 1990s, regular reports of NHS crisis, chaos, bed shortages and more were regular.

But then, when ways to further increase funding are proposed, people suddenly dont like the idea of paying more (sure, they'll accept a penny on income laughably....) Weird eh?

There's more old people, remember why the post-war surge in childbirths was called a baby boom? Those older people are now wearing out and getting sick and there's shitloads of them. You're also forgetting a little thing called inflation, wages rise with the cost of living (apart from in the public services which have been at 1% for a while now, effectively a wage cut) and things cost more, new machines that go ping are invented to keep us alive longer which adds to the bill, also the shitshow that is PFI has it's own butcher's bill.

But muh immigrunts...

Have a word with yourself.
Stooo
Site Admin

Re: NHS IN CRISIS

Postby Fletch » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:47 pm

Bump for Lionel Jesse as s/he seems to have a short term memory problem. :smilin:
Fletch

Postby Lionel Jesse » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:58 pm

Didn't mention immigrants. Also don't think stopping international aid is the solution. At best these are more short term plaster over whats fast becoming an amputated limb.

Better management of the entire service is whats needed. Everything dealt with at regional level.

PFI was a Labour disaster. While it was Majors governments idea, the Labour party went mental with them. I am sure one day we'll learn more about this but for now, we need to fix the mess they made with PFI. No doubt costly and damaging.
Lionel Jesse

Postby McAz » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:59 pm

Blue line = not enough.
McAz

Postby Lionel Jesse » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:02 pm

Fletch wrote:Bump for Lionel Jesse as s/he seems to have a short term memory problem. :smilin:

Oh, you mean my solution to the NHS problem...

Yeh, I didnt forget it.

Perhaps you have a different solution?
Lionel Jesse

Postby Lionel Jesse » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:04 pm

Fletch wrote:
Lionel Jesse wrote:
Fletch wrote:As an obvious supporter of private healthcare you are free and welcome to go ahead and rely on private healthcare, just don't try telling the rest of the population to give up their national insurance based healthcare. As for the problems in the NHS, they are created by Tories, and New Labour to an extent, in order to create a market system ready for private takeovers. The NHS should be renationalised by taking it away from private CCG's and returning it to state control. The Tories gave it away, nobody else.

The private provision for public services, privatisation and contracting out racket has run it's course.The wider public have caught on to how inequitable it is, how corrupt and costly it has been. Carillion played a part in the awakening, Care Homes was another, water, utilities, a whole host of others have been revealed as little more than a huge transfer of public cash to private pockets. Not just this country, the west has all began to wake up to it. You're flogging a dead horse Lionel.

:flog:

I support a working NHS. One that works to the best of its ability, and if that means following one of our neighbours programs, then so be it.

The public are the stupidest most clueless people out there. There opinions are formed by the press. If you tell them something, they'll believe it. You can even deny you said something, and they'll still believe it.

See Corbyns election result for an example.

I question how much a person cares about the NHS when they refuse to pay a small fee towards it. Not all that much really.

Everyone already does in the way of tax, including NI and indirect taxes.

Typical Tory attitude, trying to get people to pay twice for the same thing. :shake head:

So obviously its not all that important to you.
Lionel Jesse

Postby Major » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:09 pm

In the last six years we have paid 4 times for private operations performed by the same surgeons employed by the NHS in a mini private hospital next door.

The way todo it is this

Tell your GP at first surgery of the day that ya wanna go private and get a letter from him/her there and then.
Phone the private hospital and TELL THEM ya wanna see a consultant today, don't be put off and more than likely you will get one as they worship money, it maybe at night when you get one, go, accept it.
You will be examined and more than likely scanned there and then, consultant will tell you if he can operate and ask when ya want it done, ALWAYS syt TOMORROW and they will say no can do, then you insist and he.she will get you in within the next 2 days, believe me, they luv money.

Back ops were around 6 grand back then, dunno about today.

Even in the private hospital the food is crap but served nicer.

The key word is INSIST if you are in bad pain,
Major
Twat.

Postby Lionel Jesse » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:12 pm

As you are going to find out, every claim made, can be checked and verified quite quickly and with almost no effort. The era of spreading misinformation is over guys...

https://www.ft.com/content/4a009b68-7cf ... da0bcbc928

Also, what people fail to mention in about spending, is it takes into account private and public spending.
Lionel Jesse

Postby McAz » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:14 pm

Lionel Jesse wrote:As you are going to find out, every claim made, can be checked and verified quite quickly and with almost no effort. The era of spreading misinformation is over guys...

https://www.ft.com/content/4a009b68-7cf ... da0bcbc928

Also, what people fail to mention in about spending, is it takes into account private and public spending.

The graphic above clearly mentions it. :scratch:
McAz

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:15 pm

Lionel Jesse wrote:
Fletch wrote:
Lionel Jesse wrote:
Guest wrote:

See what I mean....

Those who complain without solutions should be ignored. :dafinger:

Doesn't gtet more ridiculous than this
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Lionel Jesse » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:19 pm

Is the graph people?

The people who share this graph and use it to make the claim, fail to mention the fact it covers both public and private.

So naturally, countries like France, who have a publicly funded health service with a private optional insurance service would spend a larger portion of their GDP.

The US, spends 17% on the NHS. Lets hear about how great the US health system is because of it....?
Lionel Jesse

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs