NHS IN CRISIS

Re: NHS IN CRISIS

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:19 pm

McAz wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
McAz wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:Yet another useless flu vaccine then :thud:

Saves on pensions and care home places.

Believe it or not the vast majority of people survive the flu old young and pregnant despite the propaganda.
Vaccination has a success rate of somewhere between 11 and 60% but ... who comes up with that figure and how?

That's good to know - I hope I'm in the majority.

Markey has had the flu shot and is full of flu!
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:26 pm

Fletch wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
McAz wrote:

Believe it or not the vast majority of people survive the flu old young and pregnant despite the propaganda.
Vaccination has a success rate of somewhere between 11 and 60% but ... who comes up with that figure and how?

Well drug companies make a lot of money out of the fear. Clue? :dunno:

Flu Shots, Fosamax and Pharmaceutical Fakery: The Common Use of Misleading and Deceptive Statistics
Several years ago there was a temporary media buzz generated by an October 2011 article in The Lancet Infectious Disease journal, which is a pro-vaccine, pro-pharmaceutical industry medical journal that is published in Britain. The article showed that flu vaccinations were far less effective than had been previously believed. In fact, the study suggested that the trivalent flu vaccine currently being pushed at that time approached worthlessness.

What I am talking about is the common statistical trick of the trade called the Relative Risk Reduction [RRR], a statistic that intentionally inflates embarrassingly low or even statistically insignificant results that had been obtained from dubious research studies.

What the public deserves to be informed about, but usually doesn’t receive, is the far more meaningful Absolute/Actual Risk Reduction [ARR] numbers, which, compared to the RRR, are often so small and unconvincing that any rational thinker would regard the study as a failed one. Hence, the cunning invention of the misleading RRR. I will deal with the important mathematical differences further below.

The Deceptive Relative Risk Reduction Statistic

In the Lancet study, there were only 357 victims of influenza among the non-vaccinated pooled sample of 13,195 that were studied. That means that only 2.7 persons out of every 100 non-vaccinated persons (2.7%) got symptoms compatible with the flu, meaning that 97.3% of unvaccinated people did not get the flu despite not getting the shot. Good odds that many people would accept if they had known the actual risks (ARR) of forgoing the shot.

The study also states that 1.2% of the vaccinated population still got flu symptoms even after having received the shot. So 98.8% of people who were vaccinated did not get the flu (virtually identical to the 97.3% of non-vaccinated people that didn’t get the flu or the flu shot).

Simple subtraction tells us that only a tiny percentage of flu shot recipients, 1.5% (98.8 – 97.3 = 1.5), benefited from getting the shot and that approximately 98% would not have become sick with the flu whether or not they were vaccinated. Again, a risk many people would be willing to take if they were told the truth!

Here is more about how the RRR statistical trick is calculated, using the flu vaccine study results:>>>>> https://www.globalresearch.ca/flu-shots ... cs/5618166
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:29 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
McAz wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
McAz wrote:

That's good to know - I hope I'm in the majority.

Markey has had the flu shot and is full of flu!

Flu Vaccine Paradox: More Vaccinated People Catch the Flu, the Most Protected are Unvaccinated

The conventional medical system is literally grasping at straws trying to maintain the illusion that vaccines work, with new reports now admitting that flu vaccines are an utter failure while still pushing people to get them. The latest nonsensical narrative, at least from the Canadian government, attributes all the inconsistencies between what authorities have long claimed about the alleged efficacy of the flu shot and its actual dismal success rate to a mysterious “paradox” where previous vaccinations somehow interfere with current ones.

Since health authorities no longer have a leg to stand on — it is now widespread knowledge that the flu shot is minimally effective at best — they are resorting to more confusing pseudoscience that, oddly enough, actually affirms what flu shot skeptics have surmised for many years. Vaccines in general>>>>> https://www.globalresearch.ca/flu-vacci ... ed/5434916
Rolluplostinspace

Postby guest » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:55 pm

:yikes:

Postby measurer » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:05 am

National Insurance needs to go up and heads at the top need to roll. Monklands is one hospital I wouldn't want to go to, but it is one I can use. True, we dod have a flu epidemic, ( still getting over it 4 weeks later), but nurses' moral is rock bottom, as for the doctors in places like A&E, God help them, for it won't be this government.
The Scots will put up more of a fight though, so Nicola will rely on it to get them through.

The whole thing disgusts me and ALL governments have ruined it, though by far the Tories. It's a cash cow to them, just un-usable tax they can't have.....but they do in other ways. Certainly rising it would definitely help, but I feel it is too corrupted now, Britain needs to make a stance.
measurer

Postby Viper » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:43 am

measurer wrote:National Insurance needs to go up and heads at the top need to roll. Monklands is one hospital I wouldn't want to go to, but it is one I can use. True, we dod have a flu epidemic, ( still getting over it 4 weeks later), but nurses' moral is rock bottom, as for the doctors in places like A&E, God help them, for it won't be this government.
The Scots will put up more of a fight though, so Nicola will rely on it to get them through.

The whole thing disgusts me and ALL governments have ruined it, though by far the Tories. It's a cash cow to them, just un-usable tax they can't have.....but they do in other ways. Certainly rising it would definitely help, but I feel it is too corrupted now, Britain needs to make a stance.

Monklands?...in Lanarkshire?....where health is a devolved budget and you have autonomous tax raising powers? :pmsl:

You are an idiot.

SNP are spunking all your generous cash away on jonny boxes for new mums etc.
Viper

Postby Viper » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:42 pm

Labours NHS in Wales has just released its waiting time result, unsurprisingly it is the worst performing in the UK. 3,700 patients waiting over 12 hours :yikes:

Consultants have written an open letter to first minister of Wales LABOURs Carwyn Jones

Health spending in Wales is entirely devolved to the Assembly.

Welsh labour have so far spent £100m on a racetrack this year.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-40404661

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-42718115
Viper

Postby measurer » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:42 pm

Viper wrote:
measurer wrote:National Insurance needs to go up and heads at the top need to roll. Monklands is one hospital I wouldn't want to go to, but it is one I can use. True, we dod have a flu epidemic, ( still getting over it 4 weeks later), but nurses' moral is rock bottom, as for the doctors in places like A&E, God help them, for it won't be this government.

Monklands?...in Lanarkshire?....where health is a devolved budget and you have autonomous tax raising powers? :pmsl:

You are an idiot.

I didn't say I used it twat. Did I tell you a truth as in the TORIES want to privatise everything? Any comment on the following?
Attachments
26233076_10155474600949737_5434236329911443851_o.jpg
measurer

Postby Viper » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:45 pm

measurer wrote:
Viper wrote:

You are an idiot.

I didn't say I used it twat. Did I tell you a truth as in the TORIES want to privatise everything? Any comment on the following?

A comment? Gosh people are always desperate for my comment :gigglesnshit:

Ok. It seems to be an unattributable piece of copy pasta.

Any good :dunno:
Viper

Postby Cannydc » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:08 pm

measurer wrote:
Viper wrote:

You are an idiot.

Turning the NHS into another Carillion.

Bet the Tory queue for shares in the new venture is on tenterhooks.
Cannydc

Postby Raggamuffin » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:15 pm

They can put up NI in Scotland, as long as they don't put it up in England. :mrgreen:
Raggamuffin

Postby Viper » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:23 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

They can put up NI in Scotland, as long as they don't put it up in England. :mrgreen:

Indeed. Scottish parliment HAS tax raising powers devolved and recently has exercised them and raised the higher rate....

But as its utterly incompetent SNP administrated their NHS STILL lags way behind England.

They have also fucked up education too.
Viper

Postby Cannydc » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:25 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

As the NHS funding for all patients is broadly similar, I would welcome a small emergency tax hike across the board, say a penny on Basic Rate to 21p, 40p rate to rise by comparable amount, 2p to 42p, and top rate up by 3p. At the same time, Corporation Tax to rise by a penny. 2 years only - Every penny to be used to modernise and properly fund the NHS, including the beginning of training many new doctors and nurses, all t be contracted to work in the NHS for a minimum period, post training.

And yes, if proven a success, it may be extended. It would be in any progressive parties election manifesto.
Cannydc

Postby Raggamuffin » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:30 pm

Cannydc wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

As the NHS funding for all patients is broadly similar, I would welcome a small emergency tax hike across the board, say a penny on Basic Rate to 21p, 40p rate to rise by comparable amount, 2p to 42p, and top rate up by 3p. At the same time, Corporation Tax to rise by a penny. 2 years only - Every penny to be used to modernise and properly fund the NHS, including the beginning of training many new doctors and nurses, all t be contracted to work in the NHS for a minimum period, post training.

And yes, if proven a success, it may be extended. It would be in any progressive parties election manifesto.

Well I wouldn't welcome it, I already pay enough tax and NI as it is.
Raggamuffin

Postby Viper » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:34 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Well I wouldn't welcome it, I already pay enough tax and NI as it is.

Same here. In this country if you are wealthy you can elect to spend more on healthcare and go private. Or you can take your chances in the NHS- although in Scotland and Wales SNP and labour run NHS i would seriously recommend being wealthy!!
Viper

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs