Daily Mail Banned From Virgin Trains.

Re: Daily Mail Banned From Virgin Trains.

Postby jra » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:39 pm

It's hard to believe that the UK invented tilting train technology and it's now sold back to us by the Italians.

The Class 390 is one of the fastest domestic electric multiple units operating in Britain, with a design speed of 140 mph (225 km/h); however, limitations to track signalling systems restrict the units to a maximum speed of 125 mph (200 km/h) in service. In September 2006, the Pendolino set a new speed record, completing the 401 miles (645 km) length of the West Coast Main Line from Glasgow Central to London Euston in 3 hours, 55 minutes, beating the 4-hour-14-minute record for the southbound run previously set in 1981 by its ancestor, British Rail's Advanced Passenger Train. The APT retains the ultimate speed record for this route, having completed the northbound journey between London Euston and Glasgow Central in 3 hours 52 minutes in 1984 which included a 5-minute delay due to a signal fault.[8]


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Rail_Class_390
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Passenger_Train

But, I expect the APT didn't have newspapers on sale because they would have fallen off the seats and tables.

The government should have taken lessons from Lee Van Cleef (The Good, The Bad and the Ugly), as in 'When I am paid to do a job, I always see it through' (paraphrased).
User avatar
jra
 
Posts: 12340
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:02 pm

Re: Daily Mail Banned From Virgin Trains.

Postby Viper » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:53 pm

jra wrote:It's hard to believe that the UK invented tilting train technology and it's now sold back to us by the Italians.

The Class 390 is one of the fastest domestic electric multiple units operating in Britain, with a design speed of 140 mph (225 km/h); however, limitations to track signalling systems restrict the units to a maximum speed of 125 mph (200 km/h) in service. In September 2006, the Pendolino set a new speed record, completing the 401 miles (645 km) length of the West Coast Main Line from Glasgow Central to London Euston in 3 hours, 55 minutes, beating the 4-hour-14-minute record for the southbound run previously set in 1981 by its ancestor, British Rail's Advanced Passenger Train. The APT retains the ultimate speed record for this route, having completed the northbound journey between London Euston and Glasgow Central in 3 hours 52 minutes in 1984 which included a 5-minute delay due to a signal fault.[8]


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Rail_Class_390
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Passenger_Train

But, I expect the APT didn't have newspapers on sale because they would have fallen off the seats and tables.

The government should have taken lessons from Lee Van Cleef (The Good, The Bad and the Ugly), as in 'When I am paid to do a job, I always see it through' (paraphrased).


I used to have a train deck of top trumps. APT was the top trump.
User avatar
Viper
 
Posts: 6978
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:32 pm

Re: Daily Mail Banned From Virgin Trains.

Postby Guest » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:58 pm

Snowflake DM readers are going to great lengths to bad mouth a customer who no longer wishes to buy their rag.

Quite honestly in all my years in First Class I've only ever know one person ask for it and he was one of those £1 upgrade jobbies you see once in a while.

No; I tell a lie - There was some poor chap around the office party season one year who had obviously had a bit too much Christmas Cheer and he used a copy of the Daily Mail to mop up some vomit when he was unwell. However that hardly counts as it was quite late in the day and all the real newspapers he could have used had been sold out for hours.
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: Daily Mail Banned From Virgin Trains.

Postby Viper » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:15 pm

Guest wrote:Snowflake DM readers are going to great lengths to bad mouth a customer who no longer wishes to buy their rag.

Quite honestly in all my years in First Class I've only ever know one person ask for it and he was one of those £1 upgrade jobbies you see once in a while.

No; I tell a lie - There was some poor chap around the office party season one year who had obviously had a bit too much Christmas Cheer and he used a copy of the Daily Mail to mop up some vomit when he was unwell. However that hardly counts as it was quite late in the day and all the real newspapers he could have used had been sold out for hours.


Oh dear. Bit cringe that. Good job you didnt log in to post your funny :thumbsup:
User avatar
Viper
 
Posts: 6978
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:32 pm

Re: Daily Mail Banned From Virgin Trains.

Postby jra » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:46 pm

TrollHunter not getting it right again.

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussio ... t_88882365

https://www.networkrail.co.uk/who-we-ar ... e-measure/

Network Rail and the train operators run more trains across Great Britain than are run in most European countries - almost 20% more than in France and 60% more than in Italy.

Britain's 24,000 trains per-day is also more than Spain, Switzerland, the Netherlands, Portugal and Norway combined.


Punctuality figures are not so good, simply because our railway network cannot cope in many places with the increase in passenger numbers and the number of train services needed to run in order to accommodate this, mostly due to lack of government investment.

The selling or not selling of certain newspapers is a very minor issue. Alternative newspapers are available for both first and standard class passengers. Many passengers in standard class leave their paid for newspapers behind when they alight, so you just collect a free copy.
User avatar
jra
 
Posts: 12340
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:02 pm

Re: Daily Mail Banned From Virgin Trains.

Postby jra » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:54 pm

You've got to love a Sun columnists rant.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5313322/r ... d-branson/
User avatar
jra
 
Posts: 12340
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:02 pm

Re: Daily Mail Banned From Virgin Trains.

Postby Viper » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:42 pm

jra wrote:You've got to love a Sun columnists rant.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5313322/r ... d-branson/


I enjoyed liddles rant. Tbf to branson the times ive travelled on virgin trains have been perfectly acceptable. The non tabled seats a bit lacking in legroom for me but power points wifi and punctuality been fine.
User avatar
Viper
 
Posts: 6978
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:32 pm

Re: Daily Mail Banned From Virgin Trains.

Postby jra » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:43 pm

Viper wrote:
jra wrote:You've got to love a Sun columnists rant.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5313322/r ... d-branson/


I enjoyed liddles rant. Tbf to branson the times ive travelled on virgin trains have been perfectly acceptable. The non tabled seats a bit lacking in legroom for me but power points wifi and punctuality been fine.


You've got a picture of a Class 390 (Pendolino) at London Euston station (https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5313322/r ... -branson/# ), which run mainly on the WCML, and then he has a rant about VTEC, which run on the ECML from London Kings Cross using Class 91s and Class 43's mainly. They are two different TOC franchises using different trains. Then he goes on to rant about Virgin Trains (West Coast).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virgin_Trains_East_Coast
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virgin_Trains

We've already been told that VTEC never sold or supplied the DM anyway AFAIK, and now they've stopped selling and supplying them on Virgin Trains (West Coast) services. Not exactly the end of the world. Maybe Richard Branson/Virgin Trains (West and East) should take the same stance with The Sun, so we don't have to listen to gobshites like Liddle.
User avatar
jra
 
Posts: 12340
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:02 pm

Re: Daily Mail Banned From Virgin Trains.

Postby Viper » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:37 am

Weather forecasters has issued red flood warning as mass snowflake meltdown is underway following motorboating bransons reversal of the decision and the Daily Mail will now be stocked on Virgin WC :gigglesnshit:

https://order-order.com/2018/01/15/bran ... tock-mail/
User avatar
Viper
 
Posts: 6978
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:32 pm

Re: Daily Mail Banned From Virgin Trains.

Postby Cannydc » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:56 am

Viper wrote:Weather forecasters has issued red flood warning as mass snowflake meltdown is underway following motorboating bransons reversal of the decision and the Daily Mail will now be stocked on Virgin WC :gigglesnshit:

https://order-order.com/2018/01/15/bran ... tock-mail/


Surely the DM snowflake readers will be overjoyed ?
User avatar
Cannydc
 
Posts: 12168
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:59 pm

Re: Daily Mail Banned From Virgin Trains.

Postby Viper » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:58 am

Cannydc wrote:
Viper wrote:Weather forecasters has issued red flood warning as mass snowflake meltdown is underway following motorboating bransons reversal of the decision and the Daily Mail will now be stocked on Virgin WC :gigglesnshit:

https://order-order.com/2018/01/15/bran ... tock-mail/


Surely the DM snowflake readers will be overjoyed ?


Good news for you though canny. On the very rare times you do post a bit of evidence its often from the DM. :cuppaT:
User avatar
Viper
 
Posts: 6978
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:32 pm

Re: Daily Mail Banned From Virgin Trains.

Postby Cannydc » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:44 am

Viper wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
Viper wrote:Weather forecasters has issued red flood warning as mass snowflake meltdown is underway following motorboating bransons reversal of the decision and the Daily Mail will now be stocked on Virgin WC :gigglesnshit:

https://order-order.com/2018/01/15/bran ... tock-mail/


Surely the DM snowflake readers will be overjoyed ?


Good news for you though canny. On the very rare times you do post a bit of evidence its often from the DM. :cuppaT:


No it isn't. If I bother with the Heil, it is to use output from an independent source being directly quoted by them. There's a vast difference, as you well know.
User avatar
Cannydc
 
Posts: 12168
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:59 pm

Re: Daily Mail Banned From Virgin Trains.

Postby Viper » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:25 pm

Cannydc wrote:
Viper wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
Viper wrote:Weather forecasters has issued red flood warning as mass snowflake meltdown is underway following motorboating bransons reversal of the decision and the Daily Mail will now be stocked on Virgin WC :gigglesnshit:

https://order-order.com/2018/01/15/bran ... tock-mail/


Surely the DM snowflake readers will be overjoyed ?


Good news for you though canny. On the very rare times you do post a bit of evidence its often from the DM. :cuppaT:


No it isn't. If I bother with the Heil, it is to use output from an independent source being directly quoted by them. There's a vast difference, as you well know.


of course :thumbsup:

one rule for you but another for everyone else. Got it.
User avatar
Viper
 
Posts: 6978
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:32 pm

Re: Daily Mail Banned From Virgin Trains.

Postby Punk » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:26 pm

Cannydc wrote:
Viper wrote:Weather forecasters has issued red flood warning as mass snowflake meltdown is underway following motorboating bransons reversal of the decision and the Daily Mail will now be stocked on Virgin WC :gigglesnshit:

https://order-order.com/2018/01/15/bran ... tock-mail/


Surely the DM snowflake readers will be overjoyed ?



Thankfully Beardie only has A 10% stake in Virgin East Coast and the Soutars (90% Stagecoach owners) hate the Heil.

Plus anyone with a working braincell knows that the drink driver's Guido site is fake news, as is his westmonster snowflake site, copying shyte from Breitfart...
User avatar
Punk
 
Posts: 6888
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:10 pm
Location: Upper Sydenham

Re: Daily Mail Banned From Virgin Trains.

Postby Viper » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:27 pm

Punk wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
Viper wrote:Weather forecasters has issued red flood warning as mass snowflake meltdown is underway following motorboating bransons reversal of the decision and the Daily Mail will now be stocked on Virgin WC :gigglesnshit:

https://order-order.com/2018/01/15/bran ... tock-mail/


Surely the DM snowflake readers will be overjoyed ?



Thankfully Beardie only has A 10% stake in Virgin East Coast and the Soutars (90% Stagecoach owners) hate the Heil.

Plus anyone with a working braincell knows that the drink driver's Guido site is fake news, as is his westmonster snowflake site, copying shyte from Breitfart...


Lol. Full blown sjw rant alert! :gigglesnshit:
User avatar
Viper
 
Posts: 6978
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:32 pm

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests