Hawaii Nuclear Alert

Re: Re: Random Stuff Part Eighteen

Postby McAz » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:57 am

measurer wrote:It was a "puffing his chest" moment. The man is a liability and needs to learn when to shut his mouth, but like all narcissistic bastards, he's too full of his own importance to see how feckin' stupid he is.

We can only hope that the American institutions of state are robust enough to contain the maniac.
McAz

Postby measurer » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:05 am

NastyNickers wrote:
measurer wrote:It was a "puffing his chest" moment. The man is a liability and needs to learn when to shut his mouth, but like all narcissistic bastards, he's too full of his own importance to see how feckin' stupid he is.

It’s just terrifying. He’s very willing to have a whole nation absolutely shitting themselves, just to fluff out his feathers.

The mans a fucking monster.

Read up on narcissists, you may even know some ! He fits the profile so easily. Yes, God help America and I hope he doesn't try dragging us in.
measurer

Postby Holly » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:07 am

measurer wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:

It’s just terrifying. He’s very willing to have a whole nation absolutely shitting themselves, just to fluff out his feathers.

Read up on narcissists, you may even know some ! He fits the profile so easily. Yes, God help America and I hope he doesn't try dragging us in.

If that idiot decides he wants to play war, the whole world will be dragged in :ooer:
Holly
Site Admin

Postby NastyNickers » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:11 am

Holly wrote:
measurer wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:

If that idiot decides he wants to play war, the whole world will be dragged in :ooer:

I’m hoping he’s making a big enough dick of himself that we’ll all just laugh at him.

He’s the perfect example of a narcissist, Measurer. I still can’t believe he got in. How could anybody want someone like that holding so much power :shake head:
NastyNickers

Postby Vam » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:20 am

McAz wrote:

We can only hope that the American institutions of state are robust enough to contain the maniac.

You mean they're not already doing that? :dunno:

The man works a 4-hour day (max) in between demanding many private "Executive Time" breaks. He refuses to read daily briefings because he has the attention span of a gnat, and retires to his bedroom suite at 6.30pm to eat cheeseburgers slumped in front of cable news channels on his 3 tellys.
Vam

Postby measurer » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:22 am

I doubt any of them will do it, too much to be lost,and if honest? The World would be obliterated if they set off too many, as it would knock the World off it's axis - I have read this somewhere..
Anyway, Kim twat features did a kid on one, and now it's Trump's turn to posturate, so that'll be why the half-assed message about what it is came through. Kim did much the same with his "show of strength"...

I sincerely hope his backers back off from the maniac and oust him some way. But no, I don't see Nucleur wars just yet.
measurer

Postby McAz » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:26 am

Vam wrote:
McAz wrote:

You mean they're not already doing that? :dunno:

The man works a 4-hour day (max) in between demanding many private "Executive Time" breaks. He refuses to read daily briefings because he has the attention span of a gnat, and retires to his bedroom suite at 6.30pm to eat cheeseburgers slumped in front of cable news channels on his 3 tellys.

Only takes a minute to give the order though - he is Commander-in-Chief of the armed forces remember. I just hope they have the needle ready if he flips.
McAz

Postby Holly » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:27 am

NastyNickers wrote:
Holly wrote:
measurer wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:

I’m hoping he’s making a big enough dick of himself that we’ll all just laugh at him.

He’s the perfect example of a narcissist, Measurer. I still can’t believe he got in. How could anybody want someone like that holding so much power :shake head:

I think even the people who voted for him are baffled. I'm sure they had no idea what they were getting into.

To me it looks like Trump is treating this whole presidency as a joke...he never thought he would get in, for him it was just a game I think. Why oh why doesn't he just step down :brickwall:

ETA, I read somewhere that, when he was announced the winner, he said "Oh fuck"
Holly
Site Admin

Postby McAz » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:28 am

measurer wrote:I doubt any of them will do it, too much to be lost,and if honest? The World would be obliterated if they set off too many, as it would knock the World off it's axis - I have read this somewhere..
Anyway, Kim twat features did a kid on one, and now it's Trump's turn to posturate, so that'll be why the half-assed message about what it is came through. Kim did much the same with his "show of strength"...

I sincerely hope his backers back off from the maniac and oust him some way. But no, I don't see Nucleur wars just yet.

I've always liked Canadians for their never-ceasing optimism. :smilin:
McAz

Postby Vam » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:33 am

measurer wrote:I doubt any of them will do it, too much to be lost,and if honest? The World would be obliterated if they set off too many, as it would knock the World off it's axis - I have read this somewhere..

True, I guess, Mes. Hard to think rationally when an alert like that is actually happening in real time, though.

The whole archipelago of Hawaiian islands must have been in a state of emergency and probably blind panic over this stunt, not just the Big Island. Poor people... :shake head:
Vam

Postby Keyser » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:31 am

He is simply a high functioning, narcissistic psychopath - no more, no less - and he is thicker than a whale omelette.

Trump got his billions from daddy originally - he is hardly Bill Gates or Warren Buffett.

The Donald also acts like a three year toddler whenever challenged ('fake news, fake news') and the recent 'my button is bigger than your button' shit with Fat Cunt Un is simply terrifying in it's childishness.

The redneck Bible-thumpers have voted to have this joker's finger on the red button - perhaps they are hoping for a very early Rapture?

Wonderful.
Keyser

Hawaii Nuclear Alert

Postby Stooo » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:59 pm

Residents and visitors in Hawaii have been recalling the shock of a false missile alarm, with many saying they thought they were going to die.

The alert of an incoming ballistic missile was sent wrongly on Saturday morning by an emergency system worker.

Victims of the ordeal spoke of hysteria and panicked evacuations.

The false alarm sparked recriminations, with state officials apologising and President Donald Trump's response called into question.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-42680070

Imagine getting this message on your phone at eight in the morning!

It took thirty eight minutes for the false alarm to be sent out, children were being put into sewers, cats and dogs doing things together etc.

A mistake or something more sinister, y'know, like a practice...
Stooo
Site Admin

Re: Hawaii Nuclear Alert

Postby Maddog » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:48 pm

I don't know what I would do. Years ago I would have grabbed the kids, the guns and headed out of town. Now with the kids grown and scattered I might just get some beer, a pack of smokes (I quit, but what the fuck) and watch the show from my 6 th floor balcony.
Maddog

Postby McAz » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:51 pm

This was discussed here - http://www.thesleepingdogs.net/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=44471&start=1305&sid=34ef8b6ab5c8533b6fd25fbc5f7ddb35
Admin might consider moving the posts to give this thread some life.
McAz

Postby Stooo » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:38 pm

McAz wrote:This was discussed here - http://www.thesleepingdogs.net/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=44471&start=1305&sid=163fc371c8b19750d9b4e69db8e09c38
Admin might consider moving the posts to give this thread some life.

Cheers!
Stooo
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs