Hawaii Nuclear Alert

Re: Random Stuff Part Eighteen

Postby Fletch » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:10 am

Residents "Crying And Screaming" After False "ICBM Threat" Alert Rattles Hawaii; Gabbard Slams Trump

Shortly after 8am local time Saturday, Hawaii's emergency alert system sent out a shocking tweet to its citizens: "Ballistic Missile threat inbound to Hawaii. Seek Immediate shelter, This is not a drill."

The emergency alert was sent to all cellphones...

And interrupted Hawaiian TV...

Hawaii's Emergency Management Agency responded 20 minutes later...

NO missile threat to Hawaii.
— Hawaii EMA (@Hawaii_EMA) January 13, 2018

Hawaii Emergency Management Agency spokesman Richard Repoza confirmed it's a false alarm. He says the agency is trying to determine what happened.

Google.com/2018-01- ... ency-alert

:doomed:
Fletch

Postby Holly » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:15 am

Fletch wrote:Residents "Crying And Screaming" After False "ICBM Threat" Alert Rattles Hawaii; Gabbard Slams Trump

Shortly after 8am local time Saturday, Hawaii's emergency alert system sent out a shocking tweet to its citizens: "Ballistic Missile threat inbound to Hawaii. Seek Immediate shelter, This is not a drill."

Hawaii Emergency Management Agency spokesman Richard Repoza confirmed it's a false alarm. He says the agency is trying to determine what happened.

OMG, can you imagine the panic people must have been in? Human error eh? Lets just hope no one pushes the red button in error :roll:

People could have died of a heart attack or stroke FFS :shake head:
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Fletch » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:19 am

Holly wrote:
Fletch wrote:Residents "Crying And Screaming" After False "ICBM Threat" Alert Rattles Hawaii; Gabbard Slams Trump

OMG, can you imagine the panic people must have been in? Human error eh? Lets just hope no one pushes the red button in error :roll:

People could have died of a heart attack or stroke FFS :shake head:

I know Hols, it's a hell of an error to make. You'd think something like that had to be authorised by more than one person/department before sending out.

California resident Elizabeth Fong is in Hawaii looking to buy a house and received the alert. She said she didn't receive a correction alert, stating it was a false alarm, until 8:46 a.m.

The aftermath of the false alert was "crazy," she told NBC Bay Area, and prompted people to run around on the streets "crying and screaming," wondering what to do.

"I prayed to God and asked for forgiveness of my sins and for Him to protect us," she said, adding that people are still shaken up.

Andy Thammavongsa, who tweeted a screenshot of his phone that showed the time between each alert, lives in Ewa Beach and told NBC in a Twitter message, "Everyone was panicking, the whole island was awake and alert."

He added that "there's nothing really you can do honestly" if the alert were real, saying there's "nowhere to take shelter, the island is only so big."
Fletch

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:19 am

Human error my bottom.
I'd be betting there's an exercise in there planned and recorded.
Rolluplostinspace

Re: Re: Random Stuff Part Eighteen

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:21 am

It's a bit like the panic caused in New York, I think, when Orson Wells broadcast a show over the radio about aliens invading.
War of the Worlds.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Holly » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:22 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:Human error my bottom.

...but what kind of fokd up exercise is that? What were people supposed to do? Do they even have shelters? Were they told what to do if an alert like that gets issued? The mind boggles.
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Fletch » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:32 am

You could well be right. Remember, this is the area they say NK can/will hit. Might be more to it than meets the eye.

can't see how one fat finger can send out that message on tweets, to all cell phones and interrupt tv.
Fletch

Postby NastyNickers » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:40 am

Fletch wrote:

You could well be right. Remember, this is the area they say NK can/will hit. Might be more to it than meets the eye.

can't see how one fat finger can send out that message on tweets, to all cell phones and interrupt tv.

I don’t normally put any thought into conspiracies. But I think there could be something in that. It is such a huge mistake to make. It must take something to organise all that and kick it al off without noticing the error.
NastyNickers

Postby McAz » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:41 am

My feeling exactly.
McAz

Postby McAz » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:45 am

Holly wrote:

...but what kind of fokd up exercise is that? What were people supposed to do? Do they even have shelters? Were they told what to do if an alert like that gets issued? The mind boggles.

The Washington Examiner reports the following:

The White House described a false inbound missile alert received by Hawaii residents on Saturday morning as an "emergency management exercise," offering no further explanation for the erroneous warning.

"The President has been briefed on the state of Hawaii's emergency management exercise," White House deputy press secretary Lindsay Walters told reporters in West Palm Beach, Fla.

"This was a state exercise," she added

This about ramping up the fear to soften opposition to Trump.
McAz

Postby Fletch » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:49 am

McAz wrote:
Holly wrote:

The White House described a false inbound missile alert received by Hawaii residents on Saturday morning as an "emergency management exercise," offering no further explanation for the erroneous warning.

"The President has been briefed on the state of Hawaii's emergency management exercise," White House deputy press secretary Lindsay Walters told reporters in West Palm Beach, Fla.

Or condition the public to accepting 'something has to be done' when they decide to attack NK/Iran/China/Russia

Remember 45 minutes and weapons of mass destruction.
Fletch

Postby Holly » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:50 am

McAz wrote:
Holly wrote:

Unbelievable...What has become of the once great and proud USA? :shake head:
Holly
Site Admin

Postby McAz » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:51 am

Fletch wrote:
McAz wrote:
Holly wrote:

Or condition the public to accepting 'something has to be done' when they decide to attack NK/Iran/China/Russia

Remember 45 minutes and weapons of mass destruction.

Yes, that's kind of what I meant.
McAz

Postby measurer » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:53 am

It was a "puffing his chest" moment. The man is a liability and needs to learn when to shut his mouth, but like all narcissistic bastards, he's too full of his own importance to see how feckin' stupid he is.
measurer

Postby NastyNickers » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:56 am

measurer wrote:It was a "puffing his chest" moment. The man is a liability and needs to learn when to shut his mouth, but like all narcissistic bastards, he's too full of his own importance to see how feckin' stupid he is.

It’s just terrifying. He’s very willing to have a whole nation absolutely shitting themselves, just to fluff out his feathers.

The mans a fucking monster.
NastyNickers

Next

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs