May resists call for £1.5bn Carillion bailout

Re: May resists call for £1.5bn Carillion bailout

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:50 pm

Maddog wrote:
McAz wrote:
Maddog wrote:True, large corporations (small too) fail under every system on the planet. That's the penalty for poor management. Now if we can just convince government to stop trying to save companies from their own incompetence.........

Too many bungs and favours in it - nothing to make senior public officials maintain proper oversight of contracts.

Government rarely cares what things cost. It's more interested in how people feel about what they are spending money on. Which causes me to scratch my head as to how a company that constantly works for the government managed to fuck up this bad.

The simple answer is that you're wrong. Dead wrong. Utterly and completely wrong. Stupidly wrong. Wrong in every way that it is possible to be wrong.

Explaining how and why would be like explaining nuclear physics to a retarded chimpanzee who had recently experience a severe head injury so I'll save my fingers and just let you make some 'intelligent' remark in an attempt to disguise the undeniable fact that you are completely wrong

Postby Viper » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:56 pm

Guest wrote:
Maddog wrote:
McAz wrote:
Maddog wrote:True, large corporations (small too) fail under every system on the planet. That's the penalty for poor management. Now if we can just convince government to stop trying to save companies from their own incompetence.........

Too many bungs and favours in it - nothing to make senior public officials maintain proper oversight of contracts.

Government rarely cares what things cost. It's more interested in how people feel about what they are spending money on. Which causes me to scratch my head as to how a company that constantly works for the government managed to fuck up this bad.

The simple answer is that you're wrong. Dead wrong. Utterly and completely wrong. Stupidly wrong. Wrong in every way that it is possible to be wrong.

Explaining how and why would be like explaining nuclear physics to a retarded chimpanzee who had recently experience a severe head injury so I'll save my fingers and just let you make some 'intelligent' remark in an attempt to disguise the undeniable fact that you are completely wrong

Ok. So you cannot counter the points made. Fine. But why the need to log out and guest post? :dunno:
Viper

Postby McAz » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:10 pm

Viper wrote:Ok. So you cannot counter the points made. Fine. But why the need to log out and guest post? :dunno:

What points did you make and who are you talking to. :scratch:
McAz

Postby Punk » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:17 pm

McAz wrote:
Viper wrote:Ok. So you cannot counter the points made. Fine. But why the need to log out and guest post? :dunno:

None and possibly you as you are one of the few who doesn't have the troll on ignore.
Punk

Postby McAz » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:31 pm

Punk wrote:
McAz wrote:

None and possibly you as you are one of the few who doesn't have the troll on ignore.

For now I'm acting as his official translator. :laughing:
McAz

Postby Viper » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:33 pm

McAz wrote:
Punk wrote:
McAz wrote:

And you are doing a sterling job. Canny wont have to hear another viewpoint he doesnt agree with. Well done mcaz.
Viper

Postby Punk » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:36 pm

McAz wrote:
Punk wrote:
McAz wrote:

Yes many of the members have noted that English is not his first language. Bit like the fake major. :cheers:
Punk

Postby Maddog » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:42 pm

Viper wrote:
Guest wrote:
Maddog wrote:
McAz wrote:

Ok. So you cannot counter the points made. Fine. But why the need to log out and guest post? :dunno:

Pretty sure that poster is not allowed to log in here anymore.
Maddog

Postby McAz » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:46 pm

Maddog wrote:Pretty sure that poster is not allowed to log in here anymore.

Twice you've intimated that - I didn't recognise the style as that of your erstwhile nemesis. :dunno:
McAz

Postby Fletch » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:56 pm

"We're Gonna Need A Bigger Boat..."

"The shrinking club of those in ownership of assets truly "will need a bigger boat(s)" to haul around all their increased wealth... and the rest will more likely need an ark to figure out how to shelter themselves from that debt deluge on a shrinking population of potential consumers, workers, and tax payers..."

Google.com/2018-01- ... igger-boat

It's all in the design of the system now dominating the west, always has been.
Fletch

Postby Maddog » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:22 pm

McAz wrote:
Maddog wrote:Pretty sure that poster is not allowed to log in here anymore.

Twice you've intimated that - I didn't recognise the style as that of your erstwhile nemesis. :dunno:

Well, I could be wrong.

He hasn't mentioned his beloved Steelers losing.

But the last time I mentioned it "guest" was obsessing about that tiny country in the middle east that gets a lot of posts considering it's like .00000001% of the world population. That is right up his alley.
Maddog

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:49 pm

Viper wrote:
Guest wrote:
Maddog wrote:
McAz wrote:

I can but can't be bothered - the fate of Carillion like that of G4S and Mitie was inevitable because of the economics of tendering public contracts to private terms, it always has and always will lead to catastrophic failures

Postby Stooo » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:56 pm

Guest wrote:I can but can't be bothered - the fate of Carillion like that of G4S and Mitie was inevitable because of the economics of tendering public contracts to private terms, it always has and always will lead to catastrophic failures

But that just fucks up the country and doesn't trigger libtard snowflakes. You clearly don't understand the will of the people...
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Fletch » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:05 pm

Guest wrote:I can but can't be bothered - the fate of Carillion like that of G4S and Mitie was inevitable because of the economics of tendering public contracts to private terms, it always has and always will lead to catastrophic failures

The issue I have is not the road building, or even building new hospitals, it's the PFI nature of them and their control over said sites for decades and their cntrol over public services such as operating theatres and NHS beds, school meals and prisons. The quote below was from earlier showing their involvement in various sectors.

Why is a construction company, who subs out the building to contractors, involved in managing so much essential public services? Just how much taxpayers money poured in to their coffers over the years?

I hope the PFI deals are ruled redundant and hospitals returned to state ownership and control. Watch what the Tories do about that though...

Fletch wrote:Carillion then diversified into outsourcing, taking on contracts such as running the mailroom at the Nationwide building society to helping upgrade UK broadband for BT Openreach. It took over running public service projects, ranging from prison and hospital maintenance to cooking school meals. Last year a third of its revenue – £1.7bn – came from state contracts. It employs 43,000 people, with more than 19,000 in the UK.

Notable construction projects

• GCHQ government communications centre in Cheltenham (2003)
• Beetham Tower, Manchester (2006)
• HS1 (2007)
• London Olympics Media Centre - now BT Sport HQ (2011)
• Heathrow terminal 5 (2011)
• The Library of Birmingham (2013)
• *Liverpool FC Anfield stadium expansion (2016)

Current projects

• Midland Metropolitan Hospital in Smethwick (due 2019)
• Aberdeen bypass (due 2018)
• Royal Liverpool University Hospital (due 2018, behind schedule)

Government contracts

• NHS – manages 200 operating theatres; 11,800 beds; makes 18,500 patient meals a day
• Transport – “smart motorways” to monitor traffic and ease congestion; work on HS2; track renewal for Network Rail; Crossrail contractor
• Defence – maintains 50,000 armed forces’ houses; a £680m contract to provide 130 new buildings in Aldershot and Salisbury plain for troops returning from Germany
• Education – cleaning and meals for 875 schools
•Prisons – maintains 50% of UK prisons.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... s-collapse

That's a lot of chaos if it goes bust. I foresee deals being done behind closed doors with government. If this collapses and so many public services affected, they'll never be able to get more privatisation past the public, or other MP's again.
Fletch

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:26 pm

Stooo wrote:

But that just fucks up the country and doesn't trigger libtard snowflakes. You clearly don't understand the will of the people...

A Trump administration official invites tenders to build a section of the border wall and a Mexican builder, New York engineer and a Russian businessman all put in bids which the Trump official moderates

The Mexican's tender is for $30 million.
This breaks down to $10 million for materials, $10 million he plans to make in profit

The New Yorker's tender is for $60 million.
This breaks down to $20 million for design, $20 million for construction and $20 he plans to make in profit

The Russian businessman bids $90 million.
This breaks down to $20 million for the New Yorker to design it, $10 million for the Mexican to build it $30 million for himself and $30 million for Donald Trump's campaign fund.

The Russian gets the job

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs