PRISONS IN CRISIS

Re: PRISONS IN CRISIS

Postby Raggamuffin » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:27 pm

Cannydc wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:Don't become a magistrate fo Gods sake.

I wasn't planning to, but there comes a time when people have to pull themselves up and sort out their own behaviour rather than blame someone or something else.

Yes, you would definitely be the person going around telling people suffering from depression to "pull yourself together"

Very helpful.

No I wouldn't say that, but I wouldn't expect them to commit crimes because they're depressed. I would advise them to go to the doctor if they feel they have depression. You, on the other hand, would probably tell them that it's the Government's fault so they should commit crimes in revenge.
Raggamuffin

Postby Cannydc » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:51 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I wasn't planning to, but there comes a time when people have to pull themselves up and sort out their own behaviour rather than blame someone or something else.

Yes, you would definitely be the person going around telling people suffering from depression to "pull yourself together"

Very helpful.

No I wouldn't say that, but I wouldn't expect them to commit crimes because they're depressed. I would advise them to go to the doctor if they feel they have depression. You, on the other hand, would probably tell them that it's the Government's fault so they should commit crimes in revenge.

Black is white again, eh ?
Cannydc

Postby Raggamuffin » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:57 pm

Cannydc wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Very helpful.

Black is white again, eh ?

Would you not advise them to get medical help then?
Raggamuffin

Postby Markey mark » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:32 pm

If you do the crime you do the time , simply don’t do the crime , personally I bring back hard labour for many prisoners, prison are there for a punishment , people seems to think we should reward prisoners and make their time in prison like a holiday camp
Markey mark

Postby jp761 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:02 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

When it comes to committing crime, people with Psychotic disorders have been deemed unaccountable for their actions. Everything is obviously dealt with case-by-case by leading experts, as it should be.

Someone who has an anxiety or mood disorder though, will have hard job claiming that they didn't know what they were doing, and that they didn't know right from wrong at that moment.

Once again though it's all very much just a case-by-case situation.
jp761

Postby Major » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:00 pm

McAz wrote:
Major wrote:Everyone knows if they are doing wrong, committing a crime, you read a bout all sorts of excuses given in our courts of law, mainly from backward council house types who do not have respect for anyone elses property.
Do not forget that generally unwhites crime has and is still rising.
Muslims in jail has risen and still rising.

A typical excuse is. "i did not know what I was doing as I was drunk/drugged at the time.

The cretins who burgle homes, attack old frail people, harm children for instance would not get mercy from me.

NO EXCUSES, TAKE HIM DOWN.

It's wrong to hate starbold - Jesus said so.

So, you agree with the antics of thieves, burglars, child abusers and perverts, just like you limpos, lispers and tuediz. Shame on you taking their sides.

Obey the rules, my name is Major.
Major
Twat.

Postby Major » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:04 pm

ALL prisoners out of unlocked cells should be shackled ankles, waist and hands, this will help warders to manage them with cattle prods when they show a threat.
Major
Twat.

Postby McAz » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:08 pm

Major wrote:
McAz wrote:
Major wrote:Everyone knows if they are doing wrong, committing a crime, you read a bout all sorts of excuses given in our courts of law, mainly from backward council house types who do not have respect for anyone elses property.
Do not forget that generally unwhites crime has and is still rising.
Muslims in jail has risen and still rising.

A typical excuse is. "i did not know what I was doing as I was drunk/drugged at the time.

The cretins who burgle homes, attack old frail people, harm children for instance would not get mercy from me.

NO EXCUSES, TAKE HIM DOWN.

It's wrong to hate starbold - Jesus said so.

So, you agree with the antics of thieves, burglars, child abusers and perverts, just like you limpos, lispers and tuediz. Shame on you taking their sides.

Obey the rules, my name is Major.

I believe Jesus was right to cast aside hate, don't you starbold?
McAz

Postby Snookerballs » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:34 pm

Now that Carillion have gone bust, the Prison service can only get worse .
Snookerballs

Postby Cannydc » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:43 pm

jp761 wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

When it comes to committing crime, people with Psychotic disorders have been deemed unaccountable for their actions. Everything is obviously dealt with case-by-case by leading experts, as it should be.

Someone who has an anxiety or mood disorder though, will have hard job claiming that they didn't know what they were doing, and that they didn't know right from wrong at that moment.

"A report by three geriatric psychiatrists suggests mental illness, not economic need, may be what prompts some previously law-abiding elderly people to begin shoplifting late in life. In those cases, shoplifting may be a symbolic attempt to compensate for the loss of a spouse, job, health or independence"

""Children commonly shoplift. Somehow on the way to growing up, most people learn to inhibit the desire to take things. Normally that's a function of the nervous system,"

But that inhibiting function can be impaired by stress, Alzheimers disease, other mental and organic diseases, even certain medications, the doctors said.

Pretty much the opposite of what you are saying.

Some people will indeed suffer impaired inhibiting function, many due to mental illness. They simply can't help it. I personally remember a VERY famous elderly woman, Lady Isobel Barnett, had up for theft. She had NO IDEA why she had done it. It certainly affects all ages.

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/895 ... FENSE.html
Cannydc

Postby Snookerballs » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:45 pm

Major wrote:ALL prisoners out of unlocked cells should be shackled ankles, waist and hands, this will help warders to manage them with cattle prods when they show a threat.

I wonder who you are aiming that opinion at , does this help ??

Snookerballs

Postby McAz » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:45 pm

Snookerballs wrote:
Major wrote:ALL prisoners out of unlocked cells should be shackled ankles, waist and hands, this will help warders to manage them with cattle prods when they show a threat.

I wonder who you are aiming that opinion at , does this help ??

Well, he's as daft as a brush. :roll:
McAz

Postby jp761 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:52 pm

Cannydc wrote:
jp761 wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

"A report by three geriatric psychiatrists suggests mental illness, not economic need, may be what prompts some previously law-abiding elderly people to begin shoplifting late in life. In those cases, shoplifting may be a symbolic attempt to compensate for the loss of a spouse, job, health or independence"

""Children commonly shoplift. Somehow on the way to growing up, most people learn to inhibit the desire to take things. Normally that's a function of the nervous system,"

But that inhibiting function can be impaired by stress, Alzheimers disease, other mental and organic diseases, even certain medications, the doctors said.

Pretty much the opposite of what you are saying.

Some people will indeed suffer impaired inhibiting function, many due to mental illness. They simply can't help it. I personally remember a VERY famous elderly woman, Lady Isobel Barnett, had up for theft. She had NO IDEA why she had done it. It certainly affects all ages.

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/895 ... FENSE.html
Pretty much the opposite of what I was addressing in my post to Ragga. How do you figure that out exactly?
jp761

Postby Fletch » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:10 pm

Snookerballs wrote:Now that Carillion have gone bust, the Prison service can only get worse .

I mentioned the private control and involvement in prisons coinciding with the lack of progress on historic problems and a growing deterioration in the system but I think I got away with it in amongst the MH and Foreigners blame game. :roll:
Fletch

Postby Stooo » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:16 pm

Matt25 wrote:I was in prison for 4 months last year (got a 8 month sentence) - not Liverpool - and it was the most depressing time in my life. So many people in prison have mental/drugs/family problems I almost felt lucky just being "normal" in prison. I still had my family, my gf and somewhere to live when i got out.

For the first while I was there it was basically 22 hour bang up - just locked up in my cell with my cellmate (he was a foreigner who couldn't speak much English) so was just so boring with nothing to do apart from watch TV, read a few books (I'd say half of prisoners) can't even read and smoke. Even if you aren't depressed going in the way it is can make you depressed.

There aren't enough "jobs" for everybody and you have to wait your turn to get one. I got to work as a wing cleaner after a while and at least it got me out of my cell but am an electrician so could have easily done something more useful but it doesn't work like that.

There's so much shit that goes on in prisons especially with drugs and people getting into debt that causes a lot of trouble inside. Don't believe people who say it is a holiday camp because it is not but they could definitely be run better

A very brave and candid first post Matt.
Stooo
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs