Chem trails or

Chem trails or

Postby Fletch » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:28 pm

Cloud seeding: Should we be playing god and controlling the weather?

Almost half of the world’s population will be at risk from water shortages by 2030. But is the answer a rather controversial method of inducing rainfall that came to life in the Forties with rocky beginnings, asks Jessica Brown

If you wanted a guarantee that it wouldn’t rain on your wedding day in 2015, you could have done so for the small price of £100,000. That's what Luxury holiday company Oliver’s Travels offered with a promise of “fair weather and blue skies”, which may sound like just a gimmick to get the loved-up to cough up, but behind its grand promise was the same technology being used by governments around the world to control rain.

Droughts are becoming more commonplace due to climate change, and according to the UN, almost half of the world’s population will be at risk from high water stress by 2030. Countries are trying to mitigate some of this by inducing rainfall with a method called cloud seeding.

Playing with the weather might sound like something from the future, but governments have been implementing cloud seeding operations for decades. The method was discovered in 1946 by Dr Vincent Schaefer, who, as Bruce Lambert wrote in his obituary of him, was “hailed as the first person to actually do something about the weather and not just talk about it”.

Then Schaefer and his colleague, Bernard Vonnegut, discovered that silver iodide, which is structurally similar to ice, also did the job. Now, cloud seeding uses magnesium, sodium chloride and potassium chloride.

In 2016, 56 countries had cloud seeding operations, compared to 42 in 2011, as estimated by the World Meteorological Association.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/long_ ... 60146.html

Well I never, there may be something in it after all.

Article goes on to explain warfare use and now using drones to alter the electrical properties of clouds to induce electrical seeding I had heard of cloud seeding but never really thought it was done on any great scale or with any real success but it says Middle East countries do it with success, namely UAE.

But this increased rainfall is having less than desirable effects on a country ill-equipped for such heavy rainfall. In December last year, rain caused almost 600 accidents in Dubai, while in the city of Jeddah in Western Saudi Arabia was damaged by floods in 2009 that reportedly killed more than 100 people; igniting questions of why the country doesn’t have effective drainage systems in place.

Weather manipulation might explain the weather patterns changing over the years with the cover all excuse of global warming for blatant tinkering by tptb. Mad scientists at work putting the world in peril or just a bit of harmless help for dry countries?
Fletch

Re: Chem trails or

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:35 pm

RAF rainmakers 'caused 1952 flood'
On August 15, 1952, one of the worst flash floods ever to have occurred in Britain swept through the Devon village of Lynmouth. Thirty five people died as a torrent of 90m tons of water and thousands of tons of rock poured off saturated Exmoor and into the village destroying homes, bridges, shops and hotels.

Guardian Today: the headlines, the analysis, the debate - sent direct to you
Read more
The disaster was officially termed "the hand of God" but new evidence from previously classified government files suggests that a team of international scientists working with the RAF was experimenting with artificial rainmaking in southern Britain in the same week and could possibly be implicated.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2001/aug ... alsciences
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Fletch » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:32 am

Interesting Jack, I didn't realise it was going on let alone for so long. The use in warfare in the Independent article was of interest. It's feasible to cripple countries with weather manipulation causing floods or even failed crops. Nuclear detonations to cause earthquakes? I've heard it said but not sure if true or possible, after reading this, anything is possible I guess. (talk of Japanese nuclear power station incident being caused deliberately)
Fletch

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:47 am

Messing with the upper atmosphere .... especially the ionosphere was born of Reagan's star wars.
Satellites and ICBM's travel in low earth orbit meaning they are still within earths atmosphere all be it mostly very thin.
Well sun activity can alter the density of that and the speed particles are moving about in it.
Turns out so can atmospheric heaters. The most famous and powerful being HAARP.
The existence of which was denied for years.
Layers of the atmosphere can be pushed outward further into space.
It can be magnetized and or electrified in small areas.
Parts of it can have a plasma created.
HAARP is admitted to now and the airforce admitted it was built to control the ionosphere ....something in the past always denied.
All this can and will affect parts of the weather even if that's not your intention.
But there is a paper about America owning the weather by 2025 for military purposes.
The full spectrum dominance thing.
Here's the airforce owning up but also saying ... we now have other ways of doing it.

Rolluplostinspace

Postby Trapper John » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:57 am

Is this anything new? even as a young lad I remember talk of seeding clouds with iodine and aluminium particles to induce rain, I don't think it was any sort if secret. :dunno:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:00 am

Trapper John wrote:Is this anything new? even as a young lad I remember talk of seeding clouds with iodine and aluminium particles to induce rain, I don't think it was any sort if secret. :dunno:

No but obviously technology moves on.
Now the aluminium is supposedly nano sized etc.
Now we have lasers ground and space based knocking atoms off plus we have the ionospheric heaters creating plasmas etc.
We have microwaves and powerful radar.
Dropping a bit of metalised salt into a cloud would be very old fashioned now.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Trapper John » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:09 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Trapper John wrote:Is this anything new? even as a young lad I remember talk of seeding clouds with iodine and aluminium particles to induce rain, I don't think it was any sort if secret. :dunno:

No but obviously technology moves on.
Now the aluminium is supposedly nano sized etc.
Now we have lasers ground and space based knocking atoms off plus we have the ionospheric heaters creating plasmas etc.
We have microwaves and powerful radar.
Dropping a bit of metalised salt into a cloud would be very old fashioned now.

No I realise that things would have moved on technically but the basic premise of inducing rain by artificial means is no different.

I saw a programme so while ago now about a couple of scientists in Norway heating up the atmosphere with some sort of laser appartus but I can't for the life of me remember why they were doing it. :dunno:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:14 am

Being able to cause catastrophic rainfall becomes a WMD.
Being able to prevent rainfall also does.
The atmosphere is very active very warm very cold full of energy magnetism electrical and so on.
One massive free and accessible laboratory.
If you can control parts of it at will what a weapon!
If you can't but your enemy can well more fool you so of course there will be massive experimentation going on.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Trapper John » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:00 am

Weaponising anything and everything is the norm these days I'm afraid. It's becasue the lions share of big budget financing for research and development comes from defence departments these days.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:06 am

Trapper John wrote:Weaponising anything and everything is the norm these days I'm afraid. It's becasue the lions share of big budget financing for research and development comes from defence departments these days.

And America exists on a war economy.
I think 40% of their economy now.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:09 am

'America's Outrageous War Economy!'

Americans passively zone out playing video war games. We nod at 90-second news clips of Afghan war casualties and collateral damage in Georgia. We laugh at Jon Stewart's dark comedic news and Ben Stiller's new war spoof "Tropic Thunder" ... all the while silently, by default, we're cheering on our leaders as they aggressively expand "America's Outrageous War Economy," a relentless machine that needs a steady diet of war after war, feeding on itself, consuming our values, always on the edge of self-destruction.

Why else are Americans so eager >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> https://www.marketwatch.com/story/why-w ... outrageous
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Maddog » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:02 pm

As a Texan, I support all efforts to maximize rainfall. Water from the sky is actually a good thing.
Maddog

Postby Stooo » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:01 pm

Did you have to? :again?:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Cannydc » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:19 pm

Chem trails or.....

OR, thanks. TJ is spot on. Never a secret, never a problem.
Cannydc

Postby Punk » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:36 pm

or freezing cold air meeting incredibly hot aircraft engines. Now what reaction does that make? Not a fucking huge trail in the sky?

Never? You don't say... :bored:
Punk

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs