Jon Venables.

Re: Jon Venables.

Postby guest » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:48 am

Keyser wrote:Venables and Worboys - recent prime examples of just how tough British Justice really is on sadistic murderers and serial brutal rapist scum. :brickwall:

I can't argue with that. Disgusting "punishment" in both cases.

Postby Vicky » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:59 am

Ralph Bulger has started a campaign to remove Jon Venables secret identity.

I agree that it should be removed and we should be told about it.

He's a 35 year old man now and he's highly dangerous.

Stop protecting him and start protecting children.
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:16 am

guest wrote:Anyone see the documentary on earlier with Sir Trevor McDonald? Heartbreaking stuff, particularly when you heard what those scrotes inflicted onto James.

His final hours must have been terrifying for him.

I was going to watch it this morning on my tablet but it isn't available in the Glasgow area for some reason.
Vicky

Postby Cleopatra » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:50 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Guest wrote:Are you on a windup? Shame on you if you are.

Why? The murder happened a long time ago. She had other children after that, and Venables grew up and was released. Whatever he does now is not her concern. She needs to let it go and stop worrying about what he's doing.

Good God. I have always seen you as a cold, rigid, emotionless, unsympathetic, empty person but this post takes the biscuit.
Cleopatra

Postby Vicky » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:44 pm

Like I've said..

I read Denise Fergus book last week and her first child, a wee girl called Kirsty was stillborn.

She said at the time, when she returned home to a house full of baby stuff and no baby "Nothing will ever be as bad as this day"

How wrong she was.
Vicky

Postby Dean » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:01 pm

Losing a child is the worst feeling a human can experience. A part of you dies too, you wake up every day feeling incomplete. I agree with Rags to an extent, I know it must feel impossible for Denise to forget about the two killers, but for her own sanity she needs to try and move on. I wouldn’t begrudge her if she didn’t though, it’s easier said than done. It’s just an awful situation all round, hard to comprehend...
Dean

Postby guest » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:16 pm

It seems she has moved on Dean, she has a new family which appears happy and healthy. Not forgetting James is part of that new life.

I will never condemn a woman who has come through what she has. I hope she always remains as vocal.

Postby Dean » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:20 pm

guest wrote:It seems she has moved on Dean, she has a new family which appears happy and healthy. Not forgetting James is part of that new life.

I will never condemn a woman who has come through what she has. I hope she always remains as vocal.

I don’t think attending court every time he gets charged is moving on, personally. It must be like reliving it every time, which I find hard to understand...
Dean

Postby NastyNickers » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:28 pm

Dean wrote:
guest wrote:It seems she has moved on Dean, she has a new family which appears happy and healthy. Not forgetting James is part of that new life.

I don’t think attending court every time he gets charged is moving on, personally. It must be like reliving it every time, which I find hard to understand...

She doesn’t feel James has had justice. I think there has been justice to an extent, but I can understand why she’d need to be there.
I don’t think that that is something you can just not need to do, either. The things that drive her to be there will probably always be there. If I was in her shoes, I think I might be the same.
NastyNickers

Postby Dean » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:42 pm

NastyNickers wrote:
Dean wrote:

She doesn’t feel James has had justice. I think there has been justice to an extent, but I can understand why she’d need to be there.
I don’t think that that is something you can just not need to do, either. The things that drive her to be there will probably always be there. If I was in her shoes, I think I might be the same.

Yeah like I said, it’s hard to criticise her for it, I’m just speaking from my own point of view. If it gives her some sort of peace/justice/closure or whatever then fair play to her. I just can’t see personally how it helps her to follow his life... but it’s certainly no criticism of her...
Dean

Postby guest » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:01 pm

Dean wrote:

Maybe in her own way she feels she's speaking for James by attending, even though this pervert's recent crimes being so different to murder.

She said she felt so much guilt when James died as though somehow she was responsible for his death; maybe it soothes her heart a little; feels as though she's doing something even if it's not directly connected to James.

I'd probably be doing the exact same thing. It must be so bloody hard to know that your child's murderer is committing further crimes after receiving a lenient sentence initially and being released-classed as not a danger to the public.

Postby NastyNickers » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:03 pm

Dean wrote:
Yeah like I said, it’s hard to criticise her for it, I’m just speaking from my own point of view. If it gives her some sort of peace/justice/closure or whatever then fair play to her. I just can’t see personally how it helps her to follow his life... but it’s certainly no criticism of her...

I imagine it’s fucking torturous. But maybe that’s why they put themselves through it?
Is it something you could ever stop blaming yourself for? I’m not saying anyone but those kids deserve the blame, but I’d think you’d always carry around an element of ‘what if’ in that situation. Same for everyone who came into contact with those kids that day, the passers by who saw them with James, the poor lady who questioned them outside the flower shop.
NastyNickers

Postby Dean » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:08 pm

NastyNickers wrote:
Dean wrote:

I imagine it’s fucking torturous. But maybe that’s why they put themselves through it?
Is it something you could ever stop blaming yourself for? I’m not saying anyone but those kids deserve the blame, but I’d think you’d always carry around an element of ‘what if’ in that situation. Same for everyone who came into contact with those kids that day, the passers by who saw them with James, the poor lady who questioned them outside the flower shop.

As a parent you’ll always blame yourself, that’s just part of having children...
Dean

Postby Grafenwalder » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:18 pm

Vicks wrote:Ralph Bulger has started a campaign to remove Jon Venables secret identity.

That won't ever happen due to what's known as the "Mary Bell order". Mary Bell was a double child killer who murdered a 4 year old boy in 1968 when she was 10, then two months later murdered a 3 year old boy when she was just 11. She was given life long anonymity on release, married, had a child of her own and now a grandmother.

As long as the justice system continues to give anonymity to the person who made false allegations of rape against Liam Allan, then there's no chance of Venables identity being revealed.
Grafenwalder

Postby malamute » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:38 pm

Grafenwalder wrote:
Vicks wrote:Ralph Bulger has started a campaign to remove Jon Venables secret identity.

That won't ever happen due to what's known as the "Mary Bell order". Mary Bell was a double child killer who murdered a 4 year old boy in 1968 when she was 10, then two months later murdered a 3 year old boy when she was just 11. She was given life long anonymity on release, married, had a child of her own and now a grandmother.

As long as the justice system continues to give anonymity to the person who made false allegations of rape against Liam Allan, then there's no chance of Venables identity being revealed.

I heard that Maxine Carr also got a new identity. Cant see why she deserved one. She was an adult when her partner murdered the two little girls at Soham. She was in on it and was trusted by those children.
malamute

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs