The Tory party. Still as nasty as ever.

The Tory party. Still as nasty as ever.

Postby Handy andy » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:34 am

Was , is and remain the party that hates the disabled.

Now spending a fortune to prevent the disabled claiming what they are entitled to.

Tories spend £100m trying to stop disabled getting help they're entitled to

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/ ... p_AppShare
User avatar
Handy andy
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:32 pm

Re: The Tory party. Still as nasty as ever.

Postby TWATkins » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:52 am

A million pounds a week since 2015. One million every week fighting against the sick and disabled.

And still around 70% of decisions get overturned on appeal.

They could probably spend a quarter of that actually ensuring a fairer system and ensuring that people were properly assessed.
User avatar
TWATkins
 
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:20 pm

Re: The Tory party. Still as nasty as ever.

Postby Rocthedog » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:59 am

Handy andy wrote:Was , is and remain the party that hates the disabled.

Now spending a fortune to prevent the disabled claiming what they are entitled to.

Tories spend £100m trying to stop disabled getting help they're entitled to

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/ ... p_AppShare


It must be true it's in the Daily Mirror, jeeze. :whistle:
User avatar
Rocthedog
 
Posts: 2821
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:41 pm

Re: The Tory party. Still as nasty as ever.

Postby Rocthedog » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:01 am

Rocthedog wrote:
Handy andy wrote:Was , is and remain the party that hates the disabled.

Now spending a fortune to prevent the disabled claiming what they are entitled to.

Tories spend £100m trying to stop disabled getting help they're entitled to

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/ ... p_AppShare


It must be true it's in the Daily Mirror, jeez.family members,
User avatar
Rocthedog
 
Posts: 2821
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:41 pm

Re: The Tory party. Still as nasty as ever.

Postby Rocthedog » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:04 am

Rocthedog wrote:
Rocthedog wrote:
Handy andy wrote:Was , is and remain the party that hates the disabled.

Now spending a fortune to prevent the disabled claiming what they are entitled to.

Tories spend £100m trying to stop disabled getting help they're entitled to

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/ ... p_AppShare


It must be true it's in the Daily Mirror, jeez. you do know that some Tory MP's have disabled family members, do they hate them. Cameron's son died with a crippling disability. What an arsewipe statement you have made. I think you should appologise for that statement.
User avatar
Rocthedog
 
Posts: 2821
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:41 pm

Re: The Tory party. Still as nasty as ever.

Postby Guest » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:06 am

Rocthedog wrote:
Handy andy wrote:Was , is and remain the party that hates the disabled.

Now spending a fortune to prevent the disabled claiming what they are entitled to.

Tories spend £100m trying to stop disabled getting help they're entitled to

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/ ... p_AppShare


It must be true it's in the Daily Mirror, jeeze. :whistle:



https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/d ... ar-BBJ1dLK

http://metro.co.uk/2018/02/12/governmen ... s-7305304/

Hard core Tory scum rag sheets aren't going to report on it since they spent years demonizing the sick and disabled :hand:
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: The Tory party. Still as nasty as ever.

Postby TWATkins » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:08 am

Rocthedog wrote:I think you should appologise for that statement.


Rubbish. There's plenty of evidence of a Tory war on the sick and disabled that isn't just the Mirror. Even the UN found that the welfare changes led to "grave and systematic violations" of disabled people's rights.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-37899305
User avatar
TWATkins
 
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:20 pm

Re: The Tory party. Still as nasty as ever.

Postby Handy andy » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:25 am

Early indications are that the Tories on here are just as nasty as the Tory government.
They are just wrong on every level.
User avatar
Handy andy
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:32 pm

Re: The Tory party. Still as nasty as ever.

Postby Handy andy » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:26 am

Early indications are that the Tories on here are just as nasty as the Tory government.
They are just wrong on every level.
User avatar
Handy andy
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:32 pm

Re: The Tory party. Still as nasty as ever.

Postby Handy andy » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:36 am

Not entirely sure why that posted twice. First did take an eternity to load. Internet problem possibly.
User avatar
Handy andy
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:32 pm

Re: The Tory party. Still as nasty as ever.

Postby Major » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:13 pm

It is paramount that OUR OWN GENUINE sick and disabled are decently looked after but sod the scroungers/liars/scammers and all outsiders.
User avatar
Major
 
Posts: 2162
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:08 am

Re: The Tory party. Still as nasty as ever.

Postby Cannydc » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:57 pm

£100,000,000 is a favourite number for Tories to waste.

£100,000,000 wasted on cancelled carbon capture project.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-s ... s-38687835

£100,000,000 per vote wasted on buying DUP support.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 08551.html

£100,000,000 wasted on forcing poor disabled sods to appeal to get their rightful benefits back

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... ns-figures

£100,000,000 wasted on supplier fund to safeguard UK Japanese car industry

https://www.ft.com/content/9bd3e876-fdd ... 00c5664d30


It's all going very well, Treeza. One and a half a billion down the Swannee, just like that.
User avatar
Cannydc
 
Posts: 11773
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:59 pm

Re: The Tory party. Still as nasty as ever.

Postby Raggamuffin » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:02 pm

TWATkins wrote:A million pounds a week since 2015. One million every week fighting against the sick and disabled.

And still around 70% of decisions get overturned on appeal.

They could probably spend a quarter of that actually ensuring a fairer system and ensuring that people were properly assessed.


What about the 30% who didn't win their appeal? I presume money was spent on them as well.
User avatar
Raggamuffin
 
Posts: 29642
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:51 am

Re: The Tory party. Still as nasty as ever.

Postby Cannydc » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:21 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
TWATkins wrote:A million pounds a week since 2015. One million every week fighting against the sick and disabled.

And still around 70% of decisions get overturned on appeal.

They could probably spend a quarter of that actually ensuring a fairer system and ensuring that people were properly assessed.


What about the 30% who didn't win their appeal? I presume money was spent on them as well.


It amounts to a 70% failure rate, so effectively £70m wasted. The other 30% presumably were advised that they had valid cases too - reasons for their failure are not known, but many will have been on technicalities.
User avatar
Cannydc
 
Posts: 11773
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:59 pm

Re: The Tory party. Still as nasty as ever.

Postby Raggamuffin » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:47 pm

Cannydc wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
TWATkins wrote:A million pounds a week since 2015. One million every week fighting against the sick and disabled.

And still around 70% of decisions get overturned on appeal.

They could probably spend a quarter of that actually ensuring a fairer system and ensuring that people were properly assessed.


What about the 30% who didn't win their appeal? I presume money was spent on them as well.


It amounts to a 70% failure rate, so effectively £70m wasted. The other 30% presumably were advised that they had valid cases too - reasons for their failure are not known, but many will have been on technicalities.


Nobody would know in advance that 70% would win though, so it's wasted only in the sense that every appeal or court case has a loser who wasted money. I don't suppose the 30% who lost paid any costs.

I don't understand this bit.

A vast majority of people are happy with their assessments, and only a very small proportion of all ESA and PIP decisions are overturned at appeal - just 4% for PIP and 5% for ESA.


Is that a contradiction re the figures or am I reading it wrong?
User avatar
Raggamuffin
 
Posts: 29642
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:51 am

Next

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests