17 Dead in school shooting.

Re: 17 Dead in school shooting.

Postby Maddog » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:32 pm

Keyser wrote:https://www.seeker.com/health/why-do-american-kids-die-earlier-than-children-in-many-other-developed-nations

According to the CDC, homicide was indeed the No. 1 killer of black men between the ages of 15 and 34 in 2011. Accidents ranked second in causes of death, and suicide claimed the third amount of black male lives between 15 and 24 years old, while heart disease ranked third for men 24-34.

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/st ... ericans-1/

Call it racism, or whateverism, I don't care.

Murder rates in the US are heavily skewed by one demographic.

That's probably why so many white folks don't worry about guns. The negative effects of guns don't impact very many of their lives. It's concentrated in other neighborhoods that they stay out of.
Maddog

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:53 pm

Americans are happy with a brutal militarized police force.
They'll be perfectly happy with a militarized education system.
Handgrenades hanging up in the toddlers group just in case.
Humvee in the car park with top turret gun and side gun ports.
Razor wire everywhere.
Teachers having to train as soldiers to have any chance of getting a job teaching your six year old.
Six year olds trained in bazooka use.
Might sound crazy but that is essentially the thinking here.
I'm sure Maddog and Tom will see it all as perfectly acceptable.
Perfectly normal.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Major » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:58 pm

If the teachers are trained with firearms twill not be any use giving them sidearms against machine guns
Major
Twat.

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:01 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:Americans are happy with a brutal militarized police force.
Razor wire everywhere.
Teachers having to train as soldiers to have any chance of getting a job teaching your six year old.
Perfectly normal.

trying to recreate israel ...

Postby Cannydc » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:15 pm

I just find it totally inexplicable that any sane American, especially a parent of school age kids, can seriously believe that the answer to their gun problem is more guns.

Especially placed in the hands of unwilling, untrained teachers who are as likely to shoot their kids as the attacker.
Cannydc

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:20 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:Americans are happy with a brutal militarized police force.
Razor wire everywhere.
Perfectly normal.

You mean like the British in Northern Ireland Jack?
you really are dopey

Postby Keyser » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:24 pm

Cannydc wrote:I just find it totally inexplicable that any sane American, especially a parent of school age kids, can seriously believe that the answer to their gun problem is more guns.

Especially placed in the hands of unwilling, untrained teachers who are as likely to shoot their kids as the attacker.

Indeed. :shake head:
Keyser

Postby Maddog » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:29 pm

Cannydc wrote:I just find it totally inexplicable that any sane American, especially a parent of school age kids, can seriously believe that the answer to their gun problem is more guns.

I don't think they will be unwilling, or untrained.

More like a volunteer fire department. A handful of people will be ready to step into action if their is a threat.

But, I don't think most districts will be in favor of arming teachers.
Maddog

Postby Maddog » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:30 pm

Razor wire everywhere.
Perfectly normal.

You had me at bazooka use. :leer:
Maddog

Postby Cannydc » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:35 pm

Maddog wrote:

More like a volunteer fire department. A handful of people will be ready to step into action if their is a threat.

Listened to a lady being interviewed today, she's head of a US teacher's organisation - and claimed that she has spoken to many teachers since the shooting. She claimed that not a single one is in favour of teachers carrying guns. Claimed it is a recipe for disaster, and that as soon as guns are introduced to schools while in the hands of inexperienced operators, it's only a matter of time until the first tragic accident happens.

I agree.
Cannydc

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:24 pm

Maddog wrote:

Anyone who volunteers their self to carry out armed patrols in schools should be disarmed and jailed immediately in the name of public safety.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:01 pm

Guest wrote:
Razor wire everywhere.
Perfectly normal.

you really are dopey

Whaaa? :dunno:
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Maddog » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:44 pm

Cannydc wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Listened to a lady being interviewed today, she's head of a US teacher's organisation - and claimed that she has spoken to many teachers since the shooting. She claimed that not a single one is in favour of teachers carrying guns. Claimed it is a recipe for disaster, and that as soon as guns are introduced to schools while in the hands of inexperienced operators, it's only a matter of time until the first tragic accident happens.

I agree.

Trump is going to find out how powerful the teachers unions and lobbies are. They can out spend the NRA easy. I imagine, that there will be some districts that arm their teachers or bring in armed security, but it's going to be the exception not the rule.
Maddog

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:35 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Guest wrote:
Razor wire everywhere.
Perfectly normal.

you really are dopey

Whaaa? :dunno:

Wassup jack, don't you realise what you posted took place in your british colony?
Never seen the news of armed police backed by armed soldiers in Saracens patrolling/beating/shooting/killing the people of Northern Ireland?
Is welsh news all about sheep rustlers only?

Postby Maddog » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:48 am

The police officer assigned to Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School resigned Thursday, under investigation for failing to enter the building as a gunman opened fire and killed 17 people.

Sheriff Scott Israel said Deputy Scot Peterson should have “went in. Addressed the killer. Killed the killer.”

Video footage showed Peterson did none of that, Israel said.

“What I saw was a deputy arrive … take up a position and he never went in,” the sheriff said at a news conference.

Israel said Peterson resigned, and subsequently retired, after Israel suspended him without pay earlier in the day. An investigation into Peterson will continue, the sheriff said.

The sheriff said Peterson was outside the building for “upwards of four minutes” while the shooting was taking place. “There are no words. I mean these families lost their children. We lost coaches,” Israel said.

Peterson has been a school resource officer at Stoneman Douglas since 2009. He began working for the sheriff’s office in 1985 and his annual salary in 2016 was $75,673.72, according to sheriff’s office records.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/browa ... story.html

You have one fucking job. You're a school resource officer. You kill anything that tries to kill those kids. What a worthless piece of shit.
Maddog

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs