Former Russian spy critical ~"unknown substance"

Re: Former Russian spy critical ~"unknown substance"

Postby Grafenwalder » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:41 pm

Guest wrote:France backs Corbyn stance.

https://evolvepolitics.com/french-centr ... ing-blame/

I think he's right too.

“We don’t do fantasy politics. Once the elements are proven, then the time will come for decisions to be made.” and that France would wait for evidence that the “facts were completely true before taking a position.“

Then i read this!

http://www.france24.com/en/20180315-fra ... pons-putin
Grafenwalder

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:58 pm

Grafenwalder wrote:

I think he's right too.

“We don’t do fantasy politics. Once the elements are proven, then the time will come for decisions to be made.” and that France would wait for evidence that the “facts were completely true before taking a position.“

Then i read this!

This is more interesting

How dare anyone oppose the Government at this crucial time? We must all get behind them now, as they can be relied on to stand in determined opposition to the Russian menace. This is why the Conservatives have taken £3m in donations from Russian oligarchs since 2010. The plan is to take so much money off them that they’ve none left to spend on poison.

The Tories say that just because the money comes from Russians, it doesn’t mean it’s from supporters of Putin’s regime. This is a fair point. For example, Lubov Chernukhin, wife of Putin’s former deputy finance minister, paid £160,000 to play tennis with David Cameron and Boris Johnson. And I can’t see any reason why we should suspect she was ever a supporter of Putin.

I expect whenever Putin came round to her house, she said, “Hello, Mr Putin – I don’t care what my husband says, I think you should leave the Crimea alone and stop poisoning people and you look a right twat in your portraits, and please put your shirt on. Anyway, now that’s cleared up, would you like a vodka?”

Boris Johnson claims to be leading the world in being tough against the Russians, and this donation proves it. Because although his party took the money, I expect Boris taught Lubov Chernukhin a backhand slice that will usually cause the ball to go out and lose the point, causing humiliation for her and her evil oligarch friends.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/rus ... 57446.html

:gigglesnshit:

Postby wizzywick » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:18 pm

Stooo wrote:This is News, keep the trolling to the Arms and take the argument about it there as well.

Carry on and this thread will be locked and sanitised. Stick to the topic.

Apologies for any deviation, sometimes in hindsight, it's better to walk away for a few minutes rather than respond. I should have done that.
wizzywick

Postby McAz » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:30 pm

As I was saying...

Thatcher could've made all Falkland Islanders millionaires several times over with the money it cost to "save" the worthless rock - but of course the Malvinas are British and that grabs the primitive bulldog vote and deflects from govt incompetence.

May is more fortunate - this fiasco won't cost much.
McAz

Postby Grafenwalder » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:45 pm

Guest wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:

I think he's right too.

Then i read this!

This is more interesting

How dare anyone oppose the Government at this crucial time? We must all get behind them now, as they can be relied on to stand in determined opposition to the Russian menace. This is why the Conservatives have taken £3m in donations from Russian oligarchs since 2010. The plan is to take so much money off them that they’ve none left to spend on poison.

The Tories say that just because the money comes from Russians, it doesn’t mean it’s from supporters of Putin’s regime. This is a fair point. For example, Lubov Chernukhin, wife of Putin’s former deputy finance minister, paid £160,000 to play tennis with David Cameron and Boris Johnson. And I can’t see any reason why we should suspect she was ever a supporter of Putin.

I expect whenever Putin came round to her house, she said, “Hello, Mr Putin – I don’t care what my husband says, I think you should leave the Crimea alone and stop poisoning people and you look a right twat in your portraits, and please put your shirt on. Anyway, now that’s cleared up, would you like a vodka?”

Boris Johnson claims to be leading the world in being tough against the Russians, and this donation proves it. Because although his party took the money, I expect Boris taught Lubov Chernukhin a backhand slice that will usually cause the ball to go out and lose the point, causing humiliation for her and her evil oligarch friends.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/rus ... 57446.html

:gigglesnshit:

I can't help but think that's a bit of a mischievous spoof using the Independent banner. Very amusing but the 'twat' word gave it away! It did make me think though, why hasn't May chucked Abramovich out instead? After all there are plenty of Arabs around who would snap up a football club British can't afford. :laughing:

An article here explains how it could yet happen.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/russ ... -wcwzvwh8g
Grafenwalder

Postby Cannydc » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:57 pm

McAz wrote:As I was saying...

Thatcher could've made all Falkland Islanders millionaires several times over with the money it cost to "save" the worthless rock - but of course the Malvinas are British and that grabs the primitive bulldog vote and deflects from govt incompetence.

It was no 'worthless rock' then, and it certainly isn't now.

I make it worth around $65,000,000,000 at today's prices... plus the value of their sheep.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/20 ... rrel-basi/
Cannydc

Postby McAz » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:06 pm

Cannydc wrote:
McAz wrote:As I was saying...

It was no 'worthless rock' then, and it certainly isn't now.

I make it worth around $65,000,000,000 at today's prices... plus the value of their sheep.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/20 ... rrel-basi/

What income does it provide to the British taxpayer?
McAz

Postby Cannydc » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:04 am

Good question.

Does anyone know where oil money goes ? (Apart from the eminently clever Norway)

However, the question as to whether Argentina should benefit from such vast riches by being allowed to occupy the Falklands was probably the one asked in Westminster at the time.
Cannydc

Postby McAz » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:30 am

Cannydc wrote:Good question.

Does anyone know where oil money goes ? (Apart from the eminently clever Norway)

However, the question as to whether Argentina should benefit from such vast riches by being allowed to occupy the Falklands was probably the one asked in Westminster at the time.

That wasn't my point - I said the cost of keeping the Falklands (notionally) British could have made each and every islander a millionaire several times over. I wonder how many would give a shit about Britishness had they been given the choice? :laughing:
McAz

Postby Cannydc » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:52 am

McAz wrote:

That wasn't my point - I said the cost of keeping the Falklands (notionally) British could have made each and every islander a millionaire several times over. I wonder how many would give a shit about Britishness had they been given the choice? :laughing:

And my point was that it didn't matter a damn what the islanders thought or wanted. The islands were going to remain in British hands come hell or high water because of the oil, so why waste even more money handing them millions ?
Cannydc

Postby McAz » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:56 am

Cannydc wrote:
McAz wrote:

And my point was that it didn't matter a damn what the islanders thought or wanted. The islands were going to remain in British hands come hell or high water because of the oil, so why waste even more money handing them millions ?

Yes, and because it was a gift which fell into Thatcher's lap. I recall that most people I spoke to at the time thought the Falklands were somewhere off the Scottish Highlands and that was the basis of their fuck-giving. But at least some rich folks somewhere are enjoying the UK taxpayers' buck yet again.
McAz

Postby Kizzie » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:36 am

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... SApp_Other

It was a historic moment largely ignored at the time by most of the world’s media and might have remained so but for the attack in Salisbury. At a ceremony last November at the headquarters of the world body responsible for the elimination of chemical weapons in The Hague, a plaque was unveiled to commemorate the destruction of the last of Russia’s stockpiles.

Gen Ahmet Üzümcü, the director general of the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW), which works closely with the UN, was fulsome in his praise. “This is a major achievement,” he said. The 192-member body had seemingly overseen and verified the destruction of Russia’s entire stock of chemical weapons, all 39,967 metric tons.

The question now is whether all of Russia’s chemical weapons were destroyed and accounted for. Theresa May – having identified the nerve agent used in the Salisbury attack as novichok, developed in Russia – told the Commons on Wednesday that Russia had offered no explanation as to why it had “an undeclared chemical weapons programme in contravention of international law”. Jeremy Corbyn introduced a sceptical note, questioning whether there was any evidence as to the location of its production.
Kizzie

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:00 pm

Novichok And Theresa May’s ’45 Minute Moment’

On the 8th March we reported that the story of double agent Sergei Skripal was not what it seemed at first sight. We reported that there was a major difference between Alexander Litvinenko and Sergei Skripal, which is not being reflected in the media. Skripal is a traitor, a double agent who sold the identities of hundreds of Russian agents abroad to the UK, in exchange for hard cash. He is even a traitor to Britain. He may very well have caused the deaths of some of those Russian agents operating in conflict zones. Skripal had many, many enemies.

Today, we have reported that an ex UK Ambassador has confirmed that the Novichok Story Is Indeed Another Iraqi WMD Scam

http://truepublica.org.uk/united-kingdo ... te-moment/ :dunno:
Rolluplostinspace

Dog's Football Thread Part Seven.

Postby Vicky » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:07 pm

Concerns have been raised after Arsenal were drawn against CSKA Moscow in the Europa League.

There's a lot of tension between the two countries at the moment after a nerve agent was used to poison a former spy.

It's feared the Arsenal fans might face a lot of hostility over there.

The British Embassy in Russia says there's nothing to worry about, but have warned the Gunners fans not to take part in protests or voice their views on the matter.
Vicky

Postby Grafenwalder » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:05 pm

Russia to expel 23 UK diplomats from Moscow.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43440992
Grafenwalder

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs