Trump Firm Hacks Facebook

Re: Trump Firm Hacks Facebook

Postby Grafenwalder » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:46 pm

Cambridge Analytica claims it ran key parts of the presidential campaign for Trump.

The British data company was secretly filmed discussing coordination between Trump’s campaign and outside groups – an activity which is potentially illegal.

Analytica, bosses also talked about:

The full scale of their pivotal work in Trump’s election win

How they avoid Congressional investigations into their foreign clients

Setting up proxy organisations to feed untraceable messages onto social media

Using a secret email system where messages self-destruct and leave no trace

Cambridge Analytica’s involvement in the “Defeat Crooked Hilary” brand of attack ads

phpBB [video]

The board of Cambridge Analytica have tonight suspended chief executive Alexander Nix pending a full investigation.

But the debacle worsens as UK's Information Commissioner, Elizabeth Denham who sought a warrant to get inside Cambridge Analytica offices to access it's servers and computers, can't because she's still waiting for a judge to issue the warrant. Staggering! :roll:

https://www.channel4.com/news/cambridge ... -suspended
Grafenwalder

Postby calitom » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:54 pm

HAHA--McAz falls right for it as well as the rest of the dem/repub deep state media.
You take 1/100000 of the activity at this cambridge co.--and attempt to make this a giant Trump scandal..When in fact facebooks info is accessed by mostly left wing anti trump pro EU groups.
Facebook--which is being proved to be the giant mass spying organization that we knew it was.
So McAz and co pull that little string in hope of bringing down Trump.And they end up unraveling/helping to bring down a giant part of the new world order(facebook).

in my best Howard Cosell---"down goes zuckerberg...down goes zuckerberg" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZEIMQ42-oU
Last edited by calitom on Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
calitom

Postby McAz » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:56 pm

calitom wrote:HAHA--McAz falls right for it as well as the rest of the dem/repub deep state media.
You take 1/100000 of the activity at this cambridge co.--and attempt to make this a giant Trump scandal..When in fact facebooks info is accessed by mostly left wing anti trump pro EU groups.
Facebook--which is being proved to be the giant mass spying organization that we knew it was.
So McAz and co pull that little string in hope of bringing down Trump.And they end up unraveling/helping to bring down a giant part of the new world order(facebook).

in my best Howard Cosell---"down goes zuckerberg...down goes zuckerberg"

Trump's not my embarrassment, Tom - couldn't care less.

Nor am I part of the investigation that exposed Cambridge Analytics. :scratch:
Last edited by McAz on Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
McAz

Postby calitom » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:58 pm

McAz wrote:
calitom wrote:HAHA--McAz falls right for it as well as the rest of the dem/repub deep state media.

Trump's not my embarrassment, Tom - couldn't care less. :scratch:

McAz--ok --i will distance you from it--but you did fall for it just like they did. You are very anxious to jump on anything anti Trump---and in this case you got burned by your masters in the fake news media.
calitom

Postby Stooo » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:58 pm

Reposted from another thread:

Stooo wrote:Lots of news recently about Cambridge Analytica and their part in the American elections. The place is owned and financed by the totally non elite billionaires Robert Mercer and Aaron Banks neither of who stand to gain any sort of financial embellishments from the Trump and brexit results (ish). I listened to frog face Faridge tonight and curiously there was no mention of either of these gentlemen (both known personally by the pond dwelling amphibian) but rather aimed at social media but I digress.

In part of the undercover sting, C4 learned that CA used a self-destructing email tool called Proton and that got me thinking about an earlier story from a week or so:

A White House staffer left the password to his encrypted email account at a bus stop in Washington, D.C., according to a new report.

Ryan McAvoy left his ProtonMail passwords and email address on a piece of White House stationery at a bus stop near the White House, The Intercept reported Saturday.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing- ... stationery

I know that you like your CT's on this thread so answer me this: Why are White House staff using self-destructing emails in an environment that requires by law all communications to be recorded?

I don't care who you think was worse or any of that deep state bullshit, just answer my simple question because it's happening in real time, right in front of your face.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby calitom » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:59 pm

Stooo wrote:Reposted from another thread:

Stooo wrote:Lots of news recently about Cambridge Analytica and their part in the American elections. The place is owned and financed by the totally non elite billionaires Robert Mercer and Aaron Banks neither of who stand to gain any sort of financial embellishments from the Trump and brexit results (ish). I listened to frog face Faridge tonight and curiously there was no mention of either of these gentlemen (both known personally by the pond dwelling amphibian) but rather aimed at social media but I digress.

In part of the undercover sting, C4 learned that CA used a self-destructing email tool called Proton and that got me thinking about an earlier story from a week or so:

A White House staffer left the password to his encrypted email account at a bus stop in Washington, D.C., according to a new report.

Ryan McAvoy left his ProtonMail passwords and email address on a piece of White House stationery at a bus stop near the White House, The Intercept reported Saturday.

I know that you like your CT's on this thread so answer me this: Why are White House staff using self-destructing emails in an environment that requires by law all communications to be recorded?

I don't care who you think was worse or any of that deep state bullshit, just answer my simple question because it's happening in real time, right in front of your face.

its not about cambridge analytica--u just dont get it Stooo
calitom

Postby Stooo » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:01 pm

calitom wrote:
Stooo wrote:Reposted from another thread:

its not about cambridge analytica--u just dont get it Stooo

No, it's about the people who fund and run the place, their financiers and their motives.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby McAz » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:01 pm

calitom wrote:
McAz wrote:

McAz--ok --i will distance you from it--but you did fall for it just like they did. You are very anxious to jump on anything anti Trump---and in this case you got burned by your masters in the fake news media.

My foremost interest here is the likely meddling in the Brexit vote. If Trump falls off his perch then that's a bonus,
McAz

Postby Grafenwalder » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:12 pm

Stooo wrote:I know that you like your CT's on this thread so answer me this: Why are White House staff using self-destructing emails in an environment that requires by law all communications to be recorded?

They learnt from "Tricky Dicky" keeping recordings isn't such a good idea and eventually leads to impeachment! :wink:

Talking of 'deep state', who could forget 'deepthroat' - Bob Woodwards FBI informant. :cool:
Grafenwalder

Postby Grafenwalder » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:16 pm

McAz wrote:
calitom wrote:
McAz wrote:

My foremost interest here is the likely meddling in the Brexit vote. If Trump falls off his perch then that's a bonus,

They've certainly had a hand in that (bib), and the vision of an orange parrot falling off his perch - Twitter would go into meltdown! :mrgreen:
Grafenwalder

Postby Maddog » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:41 pm

Grafenwalder wrote:Obama Presidency has been and gone. You guys need to concentrate your ire on the current White House inhabitant and question the credibility of that campaign...not one which is past and served. Trumps campaign wasn't the only thing Cambridge Analytica 'engineered' either. They also have the dubious 'honour' of being linked to the Brexit campaign.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2018/m ... nnon-trump

Tell me how Facebook could make you switch your vote.
Maddog

Postby Cannydc » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:21 pm

Looks like one of our political parties has VERY strong links with the parent company of Cambridge Analytica, SCL

SCL had been run by a chairman of the Oxford XXXXXXXXXX Association.

“It’s founding chairman was a former XXXXXXXXXX MP,” he added.

“A director appears to have donated over £700,000 to the XXXXXXXXX Party.

A former XXXXXXXXX Party treasurer is shareholder.

The links go on and on.

Any guesses which party that might be ?
Cannydc

Postby Grafenwalder » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:56 pm

Cannydc wrote:Looks like one of our political parties has VERY strong links with the parent company of Cambridge Analytica, SCL

SCL had been run by a chairman of the Oxford XXXXXXXXXX Association.

“It’s founding chairman was a former XXXXXXXXXX MP,” he added.

“A director appears to have donated over £700,000 to the XXXXXXXXX Party.

A former XXXXXXXXX Party treasurer is shareholder.

The links go on and on.

Any guesses which party that might be ?

As far as PM May is aware "the Tory party have no contracts with either SCL or Cambridge Analytica". Maybe she was off running through fields of wheat when they were 'fiddling'?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43486054
Grafenwalder

Postby Grafenwalder » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:43 pm

I share the frustration and anger Conservative MP Damian Collins, Chair of the Digital, Culture, Media and Sport select committee must feel over the failure of issuing a warrant to the Information Commissioner to access Cambridge Analyticas offices. Four days since she applied and still waiting. Meantime CA have been shifting crate loads of stuff out so by the time Elizabeth Denham does get her warrant, the evidence that was will be gone and the left overs neatly sanitised!

Unbelievable.

https://www.channel4.com/news/damian-co ... till-there
Grafenwalder

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:54 pm

What You Really Need To Know About The Scandal Engulfing Cambridge Analytica

It’s not just Conservative party donors who are among the investors in the company that spawned the election consultancy at the centre of a storm about use of data from Facebook, embroiled in a scandal over elections and a referendum. Both of these events have changed the course of history, upset the rules based international order and shaken geopolitical alliances the world over. This is more than just a scandal.
http://truepublica.org.uk/united-kingdo ... analytica/
Rolluplostinspace

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs