Umployment lowest ever. Wages rising

Umployment lowest ever. Wages rising

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:37 pm

Obvs still lots more to improve on, but with a properly managed economy the space to make those improvements can be created.

UK unemployment rate is at its lowest ever. Wages are rising. NHS pay rise 6-29%

:cuppaT:

Re: Umployment lowest ever. Wages rising

Postby Raggamuffin » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:04 pm

The National Living Wage is going up by 33p per hour for those over 25 soon. That doesn't sound very much, but it's a lot more than the minimum wage used to go up. It also has a knock-on effect for those who are paid more because their wages will also go up.
Raggamuffin

Postby Jeremy Cunt » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:35 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:The National Living Wage is going up by 33p per hour for those over 25 soon. That doesn't sound very much, but it's a lot more than the minimum wage used to go up. It also has a knock-on effect for those who are paid more because their wages will also go up.

33p an hour extra is a disgrace.
As for the 6% wage rise for 52.7% of NHS staff still means a PAY CUT as inflation will outstrip that over the next 3 years.
The devil is in the detail.
Jeremy Cunt

Postby Raggamuffin » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:39 pm

Jeremy Cunt wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:The National Living Wage is going up by 33p per hour for those over 25 soon. That doesn't sound very much, but it's a lot more than the minimum wage used to go up. It also has a knock-on effect for those who are paid more because their wages will also go up.

As for the 6% wage rise for 52.7% of NHS staff still means a PAY CUT as inflation will outstrip that over the next 3 years.

It's better than it used to be though. Under the minimum wage it used to go up about 12 pence or so!
Raggamuffin

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:39 pm

Jeremy Cunt wrote:

It is indeed in the detail which i notice you have ommitted. Minimum rise of 6%. Ranging upto 29%

You have named yourself accurately.

Postby George » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:04 am

Guest wrote:
Jeremy Cunt wrote:

It is indeed in the detail which i notice you have ommitted. Minimum rise of 6%. Ranging upto 29%

You have named yourself accurately.

Most of the nhs workers that are going to get the 29% rise is due to the fact the government have removed most of the increments meaning you can get from the bottom to the top of your increment quicker but as you would have got these increments anyway it is not really a 29% rise.
George

Postby Cannydc » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:08 am

Wages are currently below 2008 levels.

For anyone who can't work it out, that's 10 years wasted pretending that austerity was 'for the good of the economy' and that the working man and woman would happily pay back the huge debts caused by bankers.
Cannydc

Postby Guest » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:11 am

Cannydc wrote:Wages are currently below 2008 levels.

For anyone who can't work it out, that's 10 years wasted pretending that austerity was 'for the good of the economy' and that the working man and woman would happily pay back the huge debts caused by bankers.

If only labour hadnt trashed the economy so badly that we were minutes away from there being no cash available for the hole in the wall.

Been a great national effort under the economic stewardship of the tories to maintain growth, record employment through labours worst mess since 1979.

Clearing up after labour as always.

Postby Guest » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:35 am

Guest wrote:

If only labour hadnt trashed the economy so badly that we were minutes away from there being no cash available for the hole in the wall.

Been a great national effort under the economic stewardship of the tories to maintain growth, record employment through labours worst mess since 1979.

Labour haven't been in power since 2010 you simpleton.

The financial crash led to the financial problems worldwide and austerity is an evil political ideology aimed at hurting poorer people you mug :off head: :hand:

Postby Cannydc » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:01 am

Guest wrote:

Please read, inwardly digest, and take a small step towards throwing off the shackles of Tory lies and dogma...

Political Myth Busting: The "always cleaning up Labour's messes" narrative.

http://anotherangryvoice.blogspot.co.uk ... -mess.html
Cannydc

Postby Raggamuffin » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:09 am

My wages haven't gone down. :ooer:

Why are people always moaning about the economy? I think the only thing they can reasonably moan about is the price of houses and rent - I think something should be done about that. Everything else is up to them - there's no need for people to spend money on things they don't need, and yet they keep doing it. It's largely the expectations that people have which are the issue.
Raggamuffin

Postby Guest » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:21 am

Raggamuffin wrote:

Why are people always moaning about the economy? I think the only thing they can reasonably moan about is the price of houses and rent - I think something should be done about that. Everything else is up to them - there's no need for people to spend money on things they don't need, and yet they keep doing it. It's largely the expectations that people have which are the issue.

You must be living in cloud cuckoo land if you haven't noticed how much the price of the weekly shop and the supermarket has increased. :off head:

Don't believe everything that you read in the Daily Mail like some deluded old bints do around these parts :shame:

Postby Cannydc » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:23 am

Raggamuffin wrote:

Food prices ?

Travel prices ?

Energy prices ?

If your wages have kept up, or anywhere near, over the time of Tory mismanagement you have been VERY lucky.
Cannydc

Postby Cannydc » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:30 am

As a matter of pure fact, my wages haven't gone down either.

2010 - Pay freeze
2011 - pay freeze
2012 - pay freeze
2013 - 1% rise (how we cheered)
2014 - 1% rise
2015 - 1% rise
2016 - 1% rise
2017 - 1% rise

As for inflation....

2010 - 4.6%
2011 - 5.2%
2012 - 3.2%
2013 - 3.0%
2014 - 2.4%
2015 - 1.0%
2016 - 1.8%
2017 - 2.7%
Cannydc

Postby Raggamuffin » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:28 pm

Guest wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

You must be living in cloud cuckoo land if you haven't noticed how much the price of the weekly shop and the supermarket has increased. :off head:

Don't believe everything that you read in the Daily Mail like some deluded old bints do around these parts :shame:

I don't do a "weekly shop", and I don't follow prices that much. Aldi is very cheap ...
Raggamuffin

Next

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs