Anti-Semitism is a right-wing problem

Re: Anti-Semitism is a right-wing problem

Postby Didge » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:22 pm

malcom1 wrote:
Didge wrote:
malcom1 wrote:Antisemitism just as all racism is natural. Darwin showed that each prefer their own, and this was supported by that great sportsman Mohamed Ali. We can all live happily with our own people without attacking others.

Well if we are all mixed ethnically, and thus proving that people clearly did mix.
Why biologically there really is only one human race.
Races are a social construct.

Wikipedia says that a race is a grouping of humans based on shared physical or social qualities into categories generally viewed as inherently distinct by society. I know we can interbreed but on the whole we prefer our own race, English mainly prefer English, Arab mainly prefers Arab. If that wasn't the case there would be no such thing as racism.

Well I am sure it does, but are there biologically diferent races?

No, as races is a social construct

As seen, humans are very much mixed from many different ethnic backgrounds, which really puts your claim as incorrect

There are many people English, married to many people from different ethnic groups.

The fact that 1% of people in the Uk, are classed as Mixed/race, that again proves you are in error.
Again beauty is in the eye of the beholder and nobody, but nobody, can control who they are physically attracted to. They can of course control not to act on that attraction.

Racism occursed due to psudeo scientific views in the 19th century. Which led to people viewing people as inferior. In other words racism, was taught and learnt by people. Those of fear and hate.

As seen by the video, we are all very much mixed
Didge

Postby malcom1 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:29 pm

Social constructs or no, the English race mainly prefer their own, just like Jews or Arabs. If there is racism there must be races.
malcom1

Postby Stooo » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:32 pm

malcom1 wrote:Social constructs or no, the English race mainly prefer their own, just like Jews or Arabs. If there is racism there must be races.

I've activated your account, you can login.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby malcom » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:41 pm

Stooo wrote:
malcom1 wrote:Social constructs or no, the English race mainly prefer their own, just like Jews or Arabs. If there is racism there must be races.

I've activated your account, you can login.

Thanks Stooo.
malcom

Postby Didge » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:54 pm

What English race?

The English people are made up from descent of many different ethnic groups of people. You have the Celts (many of which are around today, in the Cornish, the Irish, the Welsh, the Scottish), Romans (which included various other ethnic auxillary troops, including Africans), Angles (where we get the name England from), the Jutes, the Saxons, the Vikings, the Normans, the Dutch, the French, Jews etc.

I mean I can show you a perfect example of how some people in Leeds are descended from people in Africa, within the last thousand years or so and they look caucasian.
People of African origin have lived in Britain for centuries, according to genetic evidence.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/6293333.stm.
Last edited by Didge on Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Didge

Postby malcom » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:55 pm

Didge wrote:

What English race?

The English people are made up from descent of many different ethnic groups of people. You have the Celts (many of which are around today, in the Cornish, the Irish, the Welsh, the Scottish), Romans (which included various other ethnic auxillary troops), Angles (where we get the name England from), the Jutes, the Saxons, the Vikings, the Normans, the Dutch, the French, Jews.

I mean I can show you a perfect example of how some people in Leeds are descended from people in Africa, within the last thousand years or so and they look caucasian.
People of African origin have lived in Britain for centuries, according to genetic evidence.

Are you saying you can't be racist to an Englishman?
malcom

Postby Didge » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:56 pm

malcom wrote:
Didge wrote:

What English race?

The English people are made up from descent of many different ethnic groups of people. You have the Celts (many of which are around today, in the Cornish, the Irish, the Welsh, the Scottish), Romans (which included various other ethnic auxillary troops), Angles (where we get the name England from), the Jutes, the Saxons, the Vikings, the Normans, the Dutch, the French, Jews.

He can easily be racist, if that Englishman holds racist views
Didge

Postby malcom » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:59 pm

Didge wrote:
malcom wrote:
Didge wrote:

What English race?

How can someone be racist to an Englishman if the English are not a race?
malcom

Postby Didge » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:03 pm

malcom wrote:
Didge wrote:
malcom wrote:
Didge wrote:

What English race?

How can someone be racist to an Englishman if the English are not a race?

People can deem the English in derogatory ways

Just because there is only one biological race, does not mean people cannot be racist

Take how the Nazi's defined the Jews as an inferior race. We know such claims are wrong and hateful, but as seen people buy into them and are antisemitic in their racist hate of the Jews
Didge

Postby malcom » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:06 pm

Didge wrote:People can deem the English in derogatory ways

Just because there is only one biological race, does not mean people cannot be racist

Take how the Nazi's defined the Jews as an inferior race. We know such claims are wrong and hateful, but as seen people buy into them and are antisemitic in their racist hate of the Jews

If there is only one race how can someone be racist and how can the Nazis define the Jews as an inferior race if there is only one race.
malcom

Postby Didge » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:10 pm

malcom wrote:

If there is only one race how can someone be racist and how can the Nazis define the Jews as an inferior race if there is only one race.

Because they hated the Jews, who are a religious and ethnic group. The Jews were blamed for the loss of WW1, Communism, Capitalism etc. All lies of course and it shows how such hate forms from lies.

Well a big cause of racism, is the belief in races itself. Without the belief there is different races, would then racism exist?

I imagine it still would, as seen, most hate is born from lies and fears, but the very aspect of looking at classing people as different races. Provides the means for racists to argue off their hate from.
Didge

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:14 pm

I think having read just this one page that Markey has hijacked Didges account.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Didge » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:17 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:I think having read just this one page that Markey has hijacked Didges account.

Oh my, how paranoid are the left on here?

Ask Stoo if anyone has hijacked my account

Doh
Didge

Postby malcom » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:18 pm

Didge wrote:
malcom wrote:

Because they hated the Jews, who are a religious and ethnic group. The Jews were blamed for the loss of WW1, Communism, Capitalism etc. All lies of course and it shows how such hate forms from lies.

Well a big cause of racism, is the belief in races itself. Without the belief there is different races, would then racism exist?

I imagine it still would, as seen, most hate is born from lies and fears, but the very aspect of looking at classing people as different races. Provides the means for racists to argue off their hate from.

You can't be racist to a Englishman and now a Jew either because you say they are not races. Why are there laws against race hatred if there are no races? Are you saying the law is wrong to believe that there are different races? You don't make sense.
malcom

Postby Didge » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:23 pm

malcom wrote:
Didge wrote:
malcom wrote:

You can't be racist to a Englishman and now a Jew either because you say they are not races. Why are there laws against race hatred if there are no races? Are you saying the law is wrong to believe that there are different races? You don't make sense.

There are race laws, because racism exists

I make perfect sense.

So you can be racist to Jews, an Englishman, a Nigerian etc, if you hold racist views.

Again racism only exists through a belief in different races and we use different races to define people. Its not something biological, but a social construct.

Good question for once on the law around races?

Its a catch 22 situation. Racism exists, so laws to combat racism are needed. Which requires defining people by race. Again a social construct

What is more important to do, is teach people that biologically there is only one race the human race. Then you start to combat racism itself
Didge

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs