Welcome to the USA???

Welcome to the USA???

Postby Grafenwalder » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:22 pm

Just read this account from an Australian author of childrens books who lives in Adelaide, received on her 117th visit to the US. Somehow i doubt she will be going back there!

I kept thinking that if this were happening to me, a person who is white, articulate, educated and fluent in English, what on earth is happening to people who don’t have my power?

That’s the heartbreak of it. Remember, I wasn’t pulled out because I’m some kind of revolutionary activist, but my God, I am now. I am on the frontline. If we don’t stand up and shout, good sense and good will not prevail, and my voice will be one of the loudest.

That’s what it has taught me. I thought I was an activist before, but this has turned me into a revolutionary. I’m not letting it happen here. Instead of crying and being sad and sitting on a couch, I am going to write to politicians. I am going to call. I am going to write to newspapers. I am going to get on the radio. I will not be quiet. No more passive behaviour. Hear me roar.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... re-country
Grafenwalder

Re: Welcome to the USA???

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:54 pm

This is why I decided to become a Citizen of the US. I've been a Permanent Resident for 8 years but suddenly you don't seem safe as a Permy anylonger

ICE are taking Permanent Residents who commit minor-ish legal infractions and using those infractions to claim the Resident has violated the rules of their Residency and thus seeking to strip them of their Permanent Status

So it seems the only wise thing to do is to become an actual Citizen and escape ICE's clutches once and for all

Re: Welcome to the USA???

Postby Grafenwalder » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:54 pm

Guest wrote:This is why I decided to become a Citizen of the US. I've been a Permanent Resident for 8 years but suddenly you don't seem safe as a Permy anylonger

ICE are taking Permanent Residents who commit minor-ish legal infractions and using those infractions to claim the Resident has violated the rules of their Residency and thus seeking to strip them of their Permanent Status

So it seems the only wise thing to do is to become an actual Citizen and escape ICE's clutches once and for all

After Mem Foxs' experience i very much doubt she would be interested...and more than likely stay away from there for good! It's certainly changed her view of the US and she's making some noise about it now!

A British couple here who had their honeymoon wrecked after being refused entry, despite being issued with US visas, The US embassy have refused to give them an explanation; https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... ntering-us

Lots more similar experiences on google..too many to list. When you've got a demagogue loony on the loose who thinks you run a country via Twitter, this is the mess you end up with.
Grafenwalder

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs