Burglar stabbed to death.

Re: Burglar stabbed to death.

Postby Snookerballs » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:20 pm

Maddog wrote:
Snookerballs wrote:He has been charged with Murder, this means he pre planned it and intended to kill someone , if an intruder broke into his property

if it was just a fight and the intruder was killed he would be charged with manslaughter a lesser charge and probably be given a caution for killing someone.
It is now upto Police investigations and what they reveal, and if the charge is dropped to manslaughter.

So let me get this straight. A 78 year old man is supposed to announce his presence and intentions, to TWO, younger thieves who have a distinct advantage in a fair fight?

Fuck that. Use the element of surprise to your advantage, or you may be the dead man, as opposed to the criminal breaking and entering.

Hopefully, there is a jury trial, and the jurors mirror my sentiments and tell the prosecutor, "fuck that". :thumbsup:

I accept that the American Constitution allows anybody to shoot and kill people for whatever minor dismeanor premeditated or not, here in Uk killing people is frowned upon one has to have a good reason
The last main case of this problem was that Tony Martin shot the intruder in the back and killed him, Tony Martin was in no danger therefore was charged with murder.Later reduced to Manslaughter on the grounds of Diminished responsibility
Snookerballs

Postby Trapper John » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:16 pm

Being 78 years old should be all the man needs to escape prosecution. I ask you do they really expect a bloke in his twilight years to go through the rule book while challenging not one but two younger thieves?

I'll tell you what went through his mind, he was shitting himself and so he should have been these days, when you hear about these cunts tying up and torturing old people to get their valuables.

I always think the simplest way to look at these things is the best way. Don't break into someones house and try to steal their property and you won't die. It really is that easy.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:20 pm

guy was 78 and he fucked them up
i totally wanna be that guy
:thumbsup:
Big Fat Frosty

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:24 pm

Trapper John wrote:Being 78 years old should be all the man needs to escape prosecution. I ask you do they really expect a bloke in his twilight years to go through the rule book while challenging not one but two younger thieves?

I'll tell you what went through his mind, he was shitting himself and so he should have been these days, when you hear about these cunts tying up and torturing old people to get their valuables.

I always think the simplest way to look at these things is the best way. Don't break into someones house and try to steal their property and you won't die. It really is that easy.

Spot on TJ.
The guy is at home.
They aren't.
He hasn't gone looking to cause trouble.
They have.
You don't get workers rights and health benefits being a burglar.
An Englishman's home is his castle as everyone's should be.
You have every right to defend yourself your loved ones your property.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Snookerballs » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:13 am

I agree that one has the right to defend ones self and family against intruders, but there are legal limits

It appears this person lost it and continously stabbed the intruder a neighbour managed to stop him, the other intruder fled

That is not self defence hence the murder charge, at a guess it will be murder with diminshed responsibility
Snookerballs

Postby Maddog » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:44 am

Snookerballs wrote:
Maddog wrote:
Snookerballs wrote:He has been charged with Murder, this means he pre planned it and intended to kill someone , if an intruder broke into his property

if it was just a fight and the intruder was killed he would be charged with manslaughter a lesser charge and probably be given a caution for killing someone.
It is now upto Police investigations and what they reveal, and if the charge is dropped to manslaughter.

So let me get this straight. A 78 year old man is supposed to announce his presence and intentions, to TWO, younger thieves who have a distinct advantage in a fair fight?

Fuck that. Use the element of surprise to your advantage, or you may be the dead man, as opposed to the criminal breaking and entering.

Hopefully, there is a jury trial, and the jurors mirror my sentiments and tell the prosecutor, "fuck that". :thumbsup:

I accept that the American Constitution allows anybody to shoot and kill people for whatever minor dismeanor premeditated or not, here in Uk killing people is frowned upon one has to have a good reason
The last main case of this problem was that Tony Martin shot the intruder in the back and killed him, Tony Martin was in no danger therefore was charged with murder.Later reduced to Manslaughter on the grounds of Diminished responsibility

It's not really the constitution that allows for defense, but state laws that vary depending on the state. Many states don't require you to back down. Some states allow you to use lethal force to protect lives, while other include property too. Texas allows for the use of deadly force after dark, based on the idea that people snooping around your place after dark are up to no good. All states will prosecute you if you shoot someone who is running away, without any of your property.

I seriously doubt any jury here would convict this guy of anything that would result in him going to prison.
Maddog

Postby Trapper John » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:56 am

The laws in this country have always been about not giving the ordinary population the power or ability to take the law into their own hands. It's been the ultimate protection of the ruling classes since William I defeated Harold Godwinson at Pevensey.

Even though things have lightened up a little on the self defence side, they are still heavily weighed against anyone using violence to protect themselves. It's not because they care a fuck about any of us, it's about protecting themselves from us and they want to hold all the cards.

This is why the laws about defending yourself, particularly in your own home, are so ambiguous and almost worthless.

You are basically being told that you need to have the same presence of mind when meeting an uninvited stranger who has broken into your home, as you would have if taking a leisurely summer stroll down a country lane.

Not only that you are expected to weigh up your chances of surviving this encounter without coming to harm and if in any doubt about your actions being illegal, it's best you let yourself be murdered or turned into a vegetable, just to be on the safe side. :thumbsup:

Why make things so difficult? uninvited guests strolling around your home deserve no quarter because they simply shouldn't be there, it's not rocket science. :dunno:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Snookerballs » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:08 am

Maddog wrote:
It's not really the constitution that allows for defense, but state laws that vary depending on the state. Many states don't require you to back down. Some states allow you to use lethal force to protect lives, while other include property too. Texas allows for the use of deadly force after dark, based on the idea that people snooping around your place after dark are up to no good. All states will prosecute you if you shoot someone who is running away, without any of your property.

I seriously doubt any jury here would convict this guy of anything that would result in him going to prison.

I more than understand about being shot and killed just snooping around,

we were in Florida a few years back, the other half was Navigating ( first mistake) I was driving, it was getting dark and we had missed a turning off the highway and ended up in the middle of no where, the other half was panicking because it was dark and screamed at me too stop at the next house we see knock on the door and ask for directions ( as we would have done here in UK)
I had to remind her we were in America and the Householder can shoot a person on their property after dark regardless of the situation. . ( that shut her up for the rest of the Journey)
Snookerballs

Postby Avon Barksdale » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:27 pm

Trapper John wrote:You are basically being told that you need to have the same presence of mind when meeting an uninvited stranger who has broken into your home, as you would have if taking a leisurely summer stroll down a country lane.

Not only that you are expected to weigh up your chances of surviving this encounter without coming to harm and if in any doubt about your actions being illegal, it's best you let yourself be murdered or turned into a vegetable, just to be on the safe side. :thumbsup:

That's not the legal position though despite the usually shoddy reporting of these types of case in the press which is as follows:

Lord Morris in (Palmer v R 1971 AC 814):

"If there has been an attack so that self defence is reasonably necessary, it will be recognised that a person defending himself cannot weigh to a nicety the exact measure of his defensive action. If the jury thought that that in a moment of unexpected anguish a person attacked had only done what he honestly and instinctively thought necessary, that would be the most potent evidence that only reasonable defensive action had been taken ..."

Murder cannot be a proportionate response to burglary surely?
Avon Barksdale

Postby Handy andy » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:05 pm

The best court defensible thing to say, if you have your wits about you, and is a saying the police are trained to say is
"is there anything I can REASONABLY do or say to make you comply with my request?" (to leave, let go, stop doing something)

Their refusal acknowledges that you can and will do something that goes beyond reasonable and proportionate to facilitate your request.
Handy andy

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:10 pm

I was a BNP facebook page and they were saying these black cunts etc.
Turns out the guy is a whitey. :gigglesnshit:

Postby Grafenwalder » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:49 pm

I'd send him to prison..6 months community service giving talks to young lads in a Youth Offenders facility about what can happen should they decide to embark on a burglary career!
Grafenwalder

Postby Trapper John » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:03 pm

Guest wrote:I was a BNP facebook page and they were saying these black cunts etc.

Yeah of course you were. :roll:

It's been reported right from the off that the bloke who ran off and who the old bill are looking for is white. cock. :hand:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:13 pm

Trapper John wrote:
Guest wrote:I was a BNP facebook page and they were saying these black cunts etc.

It's been reported right from the off that the bloke who ran off and who the old bill are looking for is white. cock. :hand:

No it wasn't.

Desist in trolling the news section you bigoted old mardy cunt :shake head:

Postby Jay Jay » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:58 pm

Trapper John wrote:

:link:
Jay Jay

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs