Useless University Students

Useless University Students

Postby Major » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:48 am

Are there too many students? Almost half of young people now go to universities which spawn dumbed down degrees that equip graduates for nothing in life,

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z5ByQNWT5n
Follow us: - | -

Going to Uni used to really mean something and you had to really prove you had something that bit extra to get there, not have it handed to you just for the asking, you had to be totally committed.

I reckon some just go to Uni in their droves with the political blessing of the government to escape getting a proper job even an apprenticeship which in my day were mostly excellent.

I suppose we must find something for these millions of one parent families and forunuz to scrounge from us taxpayers as usual, keeps the unemployment figures down.

NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE sounds right to me.
Major
Twat.

Re: Useless University Students

Postby John O'Goats » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:29 am

So what you're saying then Major is when teenagers had grants they had to be really committed to go to university whereas now it's dead easy because they have to pay 9 grand a year?

You also seem to be saying that non-Brits and single mothers paying nine thousand a year amounts to scrounging.

Looks to me like you're talking out of your back fanny. Again.
John O'Goats

Postby Guest » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:06 am

University is a bit of a Ponzi scheme sucking from the teet of the state. Woolly headed undergrads are not capable of thinking that all degrees are not of equal value, that they do not make them entitled to a job on completion, and thus the "market for higher education has basically swallowed them up, eating the cash that is thrown at them by the Student Loans Company (many will not pay it back, it is not right to think of it as a loan more a risk free investment by the undergrad).

So Shit universities, offering shit courses are packed out, year on year with low calibre students studying "women studies" who have deluded themselves into thinking said degree is equal to Philosophy at oxbridge and thus will pay the same for it.

The universities rub their hands together, take the cash, pay their Chancellors 300k-400k a year and fuel the SJW leftie mindset that will continue to deliver a conveyer belt of similarly minded cash cows for years to come.

If i was an undergrad now thinking about university, i would damn well do my research on the program of study, i would be active looking at the sector i want to work in post grad and making sure that there is a clear path from University into said profession.

Post grad employers select from a small pool of university courses. They sure as fuck ditch the womens studies et al CVs in the bin at first sift.

These woolly headed (now post grads) then jump on the leftie bandwagon, claiming they are victims of something or other as they cannot get a job. Meanwhile, motivated people without degrees, and high achievers with good degrees from good universities have no problem whatsoever.

Students need to demand, robust links between their institution and employers with close contact throughout. 2 year courses or even one year courses. If they flog you a shit degree, over three years, and you pay them 9K for it, well you are just a mug.

Postby Professor Plum » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:31 am

Guest wrote:University is a bit of a Ponzi scheme sucking from the teet of the state. Woolly headed undergrads are not capable of thinking that all degrees are not of equal value, that they do not make them entitled to a job on completion, and thus the "market for higher education has basically swallowed them up, eating the cash that is thrown at them by the Student Loans Company (many will not pay it back, it is not right to think of it as a loan more a risk free investment by the undergrad).

So Shit universities, offering shit courses are packed out, year on year with low calibre students studying "women studies" who have deluded themselves into thinking said degree is equal to Philosophy at oxbridge and thus will pay the same for it.

The universities rub their hands together, take the cash, pay their Chancellors 300k-400k a year and fuel the SJW leftie mindset that will continue to deliver a conveyer belt of similarly minded cash cows for years to come.

If i was an undergrad now thinking about university, i would damn well do my research on the program of study, i would be active looking at the sector i want to work in post grad and making sure that there is a clear path from University into said profession.

Post grad employers select from a small pool of university courses. They sure as fuck ditch the womens studies et al CVs in the bin at first sift.

These woolly headed (now post grads) then jump on the leftie bandwagon, claiming they are victims of something or other as they cannot get a job. Meanwhile, motivated people without degrees, and high achievers with good degrees from good universities have no problem whatsoever.

Students need to demand, robust links between their institution and employers with close contact throughout. 2 year courses or even one year courses. If they flog you a shit degree, over three years, and you pay them 9K for it, well you are just a mug.

Viper, post some links to these 'shit courses' you misogynistic fuckwit.

I reckon you went to the University of Not Quite Right in the Head and studied Onanism. :gigglesnshit:
Professor Plum

Postby Snookerballs » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:50 am

Major wrote:Are there too many students? Almost half of young people now go to universities which spawn dumbed down degrees that equip graduates for nothing in life,

Going to Uni used to really mean something and you had to really prove you had something that bit extra to get there, not have it handed to you just for the asking, you had to be totally committed.

I reckon some just go to Uni in their droves with the political blessing of the government to escape getting a proper job even an apprenticeship which in my day were mostly excellent.

I suppose we must find something for these millions of one parent families and forunuz to scrounge from us taxpayers as usual, keeps the unemployment figures down.

Tell that to a University Student that has a minimum of Debt for £30.000 for three uears tuition plus living expenses of another £ 30.000
this a mortgage that they have to pay for the rest of their lives, if they want to go on higher the debt mounts up.

You are living in the past if you believe that Uni Students have a free education.
Snookerballs

Postby Trapper John » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:57 am

Snookerballs wrote:
Major wrote:Are there too many students? Almost half of young people now go to universities which spawn dumbed down degrees that equip graduates for nothing in life,

Tell that to a University Student that has a minimum of Debt for £30.000 for three uears tuition plus living expenses of another £ 30.000
this a mortgage that they have to pay for the rest of their lives, if they want to go on higher the debt mounts up.

You are living in the past if you believe that Uni Students have a free education.

That sounds awfully depressing and it would be if it were true. The fact is student loans are interest free and only paid back once they find suitable employment at a salary which can afford the repayments. I wish us non uni types had those same benefits.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Cannydc » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:17 pm

Trapper John wrote:
Snookerballs wrote:

That sounds awfully depressing and it would be if it were true. The fact is student loans are interest free and only paid back once they find suitable employment at a salary which can afford the repayments. I wish us non uni types had those same benefits.

Oops - if only.

If you’re an English or Welsh student who started your undergraduate course on or after 1 September 2012, your interest is inflation plus 3%.

My son currently pays 5.7% interest on top of the £40k it cost for an MSc. Interest alone is £200 a month.

https://www.gov.uk/repaying-your-studen ... at-you-pay
Last edited by Cannydc on Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cannydc

Postby Snookerballs » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:21 pm

To find a suitable job is not so easy these days with minimum wage and Zero Hours Contracts.

The repayment kicks in at just over £20.000 so for a student to try and find a decent job and accomodation these sort of jobs are far and few .

If a student goes abroad and works they do not have to pay back their fees whilst they are away
Snookerballs

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:32 pm

The debt will follow those students like a dark shadow till the day they can start paying it off. It will affect their credit rating their chances of getting a mortgage.
India has more science graduates than America has graduates. The benefits of an educated workforce are beginning to show.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Snookerballs » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:39 pm

Universities are now relying on Foreign Students for their income,

Families abroad in third World Countries are paying for their offspring to attend UK Universities, the education side is irrelevant the Students just need the Paperwork to prove a University education in the UK when they get back home
Snookerballs

Postby Guest » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:09 pm

Professor Plum wrote:
Guest wrote:University is a bit of a Ponzi scheme sucking from the teet of the state. Woolly headed undergrads are not capable of thinking that all degrees are not of equal value, that they do not make them entitled to a job on completion, and thus the "market for higher education has basically swallowed them up, eating the cash that is thrown at them by the Student Loans Company (many will not pay it back, it is not right to think of it as a loan more a risk free investment by the undergrad).

I reckon you went to the University of Not Quite Right in the Head and studied Onanism. :gigglesnshit:

Read this little article and you will see some of the professors of bullshit courses (ultra lefties of course)

If you study a shit degree at a shit university and it costs you £40k YOU are an idiot.

Then look here

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showth ... ?t=1710482

is your google broken then?

Postby Cannydc » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:58 pm

Guest wrote:
Professor Plum wrote:

Read this little article and you will see some of the professors of bullshit courses (ultra lefties of course)

If you study a shit degree at a shit university and it costs you £40k YOU are an idiot.

Then look here

#

Yours must be !!!

You do realise that the majority of these courses are NOT IN THE UK, yes ???

Madonna studies injected into the Gender course at Harvard

Oprah Winfrey studies at Illinois.

Doctorate of Philosophy in Ufology – Melbourne University

The Phallus – Occidental College (LA)

Surfing Studies – Plymouth / Melbourne

Philosophy – various colleges - NOTE - Plato et al would have done this degree if alive today

Queer Musicology – UCLA

Star Trek – Georgetown University in Washington

Golf Management – University of Birmingham / Florida Gulf Coast University

Art History – various colleges - really? Art history a duff degree ?

The Science of Harry Potter – Frostburg University

Learning from YouTube – Pitzer College

:pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:

Yet another EPIC Guest fail. No wonder you daren't log in.
Cannydc

Postby Professor Plum » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:41 pm

Guest wrote:
Professor Plum wrote:

Then look here

That's a forum thread from nearly seven years ago with a link to another website article from nine and half years ago you dickhead:

http://www.toptenz.net/to-10-useless-co ... egrees.php

As you can see from the link above, most of the courses are from abroad and not the UK. Of the ones that take place in this country Parapsychology can only be done as part of a Psychology degree at Edinburgh University and what the article calls Surfing Studies is actually an FdSc in Surf Science and Technology and takes place at Cornwall College in Newquay.

https://www.plymouth.ac.uk/courses/unde ... technology

Given Cornwall's reliance on tourism and the fact that many parts of its coastline are world famous for their surfing waves most normal people would regard this course as sensible and desirable. Not righty soap bubbles like you though Viper.

That Toptenz clickbait article also says that Philosophy is a useless degree. Well fuck me all those politicians with PPEs better rip them up and start again!

By the way you've only posted one link. Is your DuckDuckGo broken? :pmsl:
Professor Plum

Postby Handy andy » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:53 pm

Stormee Stormbold is jealous of high IQ uni students, who lead the world in cutting edge scientific research because he is as thick as pig shit.
And he hates foreign students, paying huge fees to study here because he is a racist nazi cunt.
Handy andy

Postby Major » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:00 pm

Many qualifications come in a tube of Smarties, worthless Micky Mouse courses leading to the dole queues cus they are not suitable students in the first place.

Every kid and their dog can go to uni nowadays just cus they wanna get a free ride, they cannot even speak properly so who will employ them..
Yes yes yes I know, there are some good cleaver conscientious types. 1 in 10.

Proper courses can lead to a proper job if you are lucky.

Councils make £million from student accommodation facilities.
Major
Twat.

Next

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs