Racism And Xenophobia Rise After The Brexshit Vote

Racism And Xenophobia Rise After The Brexshit Vote

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:37 pm

When Dorota moved from Poland to England as a nine-year-old child, her mum said their lives would be ‘better’ and she’d make new friends in no time. Dorota did not want to move, or leave her grandparents and friends, but she did not have a choice. The first few years in England were not easy and the family struggled - learning the language, Dorota’s mum had to change jobs often and they moved around a lot. Now, in her late teens, Dorota is getting ready for her exams, with plans to study accountancy at university. She says she feels happy in England and she was planning to stay in the UK, but the Brexit vote had changed everything. In the last year, Dorota was twice attacked, once on a bus, and once at her school.

Dorota is one of the over 1,000 Eastern Europeans aged 12-18 who took part in the first study of this scale carried out by researchers from the universities of Strathclyde, Plymouth and Durham, which is presented at the British Sociological Association’s conference in Newcastle today. Like Dorota, the majority of the young people in the study said they had seen an increase in the incidents of xenophobia and most felt worried and angry about the UK’s decision to leave the European Union. Many felt a sense of rejection, and Brexit has changed their sense of belonging in the UK. Anka, a 14-year-old Lithuanian, said: “I don’t feel as much as a part of England after Brexit as I’m uncertain of the future. However, I don’t feel as a part of Lithuania and I couldn’t go back there.” This in-between-ness was a common feature of young people’s accounts.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/ ... 2082fdd6c8

Right wing bigoted morons that see Brexshit as an excuse to abuse the minorities.

Nasty hate filled cunts. :pukeup:

Re: Racism And Xenophobia Rise After The Brexshit Vote

Postby Jay Jay » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:18 pm

Guest wrote:When Dorota moved from Poland to England as a nine-year-old child, her mum said their lives would be ‘better’ and she’d make new friends in no time. Dorota did not want to move, or leave her grandparents and friends, but she did not have a choice. The first few years in England were not easy and the family struggled - learning the language, Dorota’s mum had to change jobs often and they moved around a lot. Now, in her late teens, Dorota is getting ready for her exams, with plans to study accountancy at university. She says she feels happy in England and she was planning to stay in the UK, but the Brexit vote had changed everything. In the last year, Dorota was twice attacked, once on a bus, and once at her school.

Dorota is one of the over 1,000 Eastern Europeans aged 12-18 who took part in the first study of this scale carried out by researchers from the universities of Strathclyde, Plymouth and Durham, which is presented at the British Sociological Association’s conference in Newcastle today. Like Dorota, the majority of the young people in the study said they had seen an increase in the incidents of xenophobia and most felt worried and angry about the UK’s decision to leave the European Union. Many felt a sense of rejection, and Brexit has changed their sense of belonging in the UK. Anka, a 14-year-old Lithuanian, said: “I don’t feel as much as a part of England after Brexit as I’m uncertain of the future. However, I don’t feel as a part of Lithuania and I couldn’t go back there.” This in-between-ness was a common feature of young people’s accounts.

Right wing bigoted morons that see Brexshit as an excuse to abuse the minorities.

Exactly.
Jay Jay

Postby Trapper John » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:10 pm

Yep, lets do a study of a thousand eastern Europeans and ask them if they like being part of Britain since it decided to leave the EU or if they've suffered from the effects?

I'm sure we'll get good, well rounded, unbiased reactions and no fibs whatsoever. :roll:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:28 pm

Trapper John wrote:Yep, lets do a study of a thousand eastern Europeans and ask them if they like being part of Britain since it decided to leave the EU or if they've suffered from the effects?

I'm sure we'll get good, well rounded, unbiased reactions and no fibs whatsoever. :roll:

I had some nice guys from Eastern Europe fit a new kitchen for me last summer!

The bigoted old cunt next door didn't like it though, since they were singing and joking and quite loud in our garden in a foreign language!

:whistle: :pmsl: :pmsl:

Postby Trapper John » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:36 pm

Guest wrote:
Trapper John wrote:Yep, lets do a study of a thousand eastern Europeans and ask them if they like being part of Britain since it decided to leave the EU or if they've suffered from the effects?

The bigoted old cunt next door didn't like it though, since they were singing and joking and quite loud in our garden in a foreign language!

Why are you telling us you're a cheapskate? - I know because thats the entire reason you want to stay in the EU, plenty of cheap labour which suits you. :thumbsup:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:40 pm

Trapper John wrote:
Guest wrote:

Why are you telling us you're a cheapskate? - I know because thats the entire reason you want to stay in the EU, plenty of cheap labour which suits you. :thumbsup:

We got it slightly cheaper than the Wren installer quote!

Nah!

I got them in just to wind up the nasty old bigot :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: (FACT)

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:46 pm

....Fucking immigrants this....fucking immigrants that...whenever we got cornered at the front of the house! :woteva: :bored: :pmsl:

Postby Trapper John » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:53 pm

Guest wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
Guest wrote:

Nah!

No wonder he's a bigot, living next to a petty, small-minded idiot like you. :shake head:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:56 pm

Guest wrote:When Dorota moved from Poland to England as a nine-year-old child, her mum said their lives would be ‘better’ and she’d make new friends in no time. Dorota did not want to move, or leave her grandparents and friends, but she did not have a choice. The first few years in England were not easy and the family struggled - learning the language, Dorota’s mum had to change jobs often and they moved around a lot. Now, in her late teens, Dorota is getting ready for her exams, with plans to study accountancy at university. She says she feels happy in England and she was planning to stay in the UK, but the Brexit vote had changed everything. In the last year, Dorota was twice attacked, once on a bus, and once at her school.

Have you any idea when or if they'll be doing a similar study with British people asking what they feel like since their country has been flooded with foreigners?
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:00 am

Trapper John wrote:
Guest wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
Guest wrote:

Nah!

No wonder he's a bigot, living next to a petty, small-minded idiot like you. :shake head:

He has a mixed raced couple at one side of his house and two gay guys on the other side!

:hap: :hap: :hap:

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:14 am

There's a Polish family near my daughter.
A bit worried by what's going on but mostly enjoying living working and playing here.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Trapper John » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:27 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:There's a Polish family near my daughter.
A bit worried by what's going on but mostly enjoying living working and playing here.

Of course they are, why else would they be here? - they are hardly likely to have moved to Albania.

I bet getting child tax credits, family allowance, free health care and education plus earning three times as much as they would at home, is not just like living the dream, its like living a fairytale.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:30 am

Guest wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
Guest wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
Guest wrote:

Nah!

He has a mixed raced couple at one side of his house and two gay guys on the other side!

:hap: :hap: :hap:

So who are you? the mixed race couple or the gay boys? - from your petty mindedness and over exuberance at the slightest thing, my bet is the gay boys. ............. :shell: :roll:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Cannydc » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:47 am

Trapper John wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:There's a Polish family near my daughter.

Of course they are, why else would they be here? - they are hardly likely to have moved to Albania.

I bet getting child tax credits, family allowance, free health care and education plus earning three times as much as they would at home, is not just like living the dream, its like living a fairytale.

"Duly ignores the various surveys indicating that immigrant workers put more into the system than they take out"

https://www.ft.com/content/c49043a8-644 ... 144feabdc0
Cannydc

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:05 am

Racism and homophobia from paper boy.

Not a surprise.

Next

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs