Racism And Xenophobia Rise After The Brexshit Vote

Re: Racism And Xenophobia Rise After The Brexshit Vote

Postby Mekon » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:23 pm

Red Okktober wrote:
Mekon wrote:I know the following. In 2016/17, there were 80,393 offences recorded by the police in which one or more hate
crime strands were deemed to be a motivating factor. This was an increase of 29 per cent compared with the 62,518 hate crimes recorded in 2015/16.

Short of tin-foil accusations of the police and authorities conspiring to falsify the position you know no better.

Wow - 80,000+ - that's a lot of hate crimes there! No wonder you liberal lefties are so concerned.

Do you know how many of those 80,000 made it to court? I'll tell you - 14,000 (or 16%). In other words 84% of hate crime allegations were thrown out last year. I'd call those allegations pretty spurious in any one's books wouldn't you?

in fact 1,000 fewer made it to court than the previous year, when the allegations were 29% lower. What does this tell us? It tells us that false allegations of hate crime have gone through the fucking roof since Brexit. Yet mugs like you lap it up.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/c ... 03716.html

14,480 actually, of which 83.4% resulted in conviction. The remaining 15.6% can be said to be "thrown out" but not those which were not taken to prosecution since all that demonstrates is that there was insufficient evidence to make a conviction likely, or that they were dealt with in other ways, caution for example. It does not mean that the 80,393 offences recorded by the police in which one or more hate crime strands were deemed to be a motivating factor were spurious.
Mekon

Postby Mekon » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:27 pm

Red Okktober wrote:
Mekon wrote:I am not here defending the legal system, I am simply attempting to redress the deliberately skewed impression of hate crime fostered by our resident racists.

The topic is 'hate crime on the rise since Brexit'

When it really should be 'Spurious claims of hate crime on the rise since Brexit'

Btw - you're just as big a mug whatever name you log in as.

No, the topic is "Racism And Xenophobia Rise After The Brexshit Vote". I can only suggest you start a thread entitled 'Spurious claims of hate crime on the rise since Brexit' and present the evidence to support that contention. You certainly haven't done that here.
Mekon

Postby Mekon » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:29 pm

Trapper John wrote:
Mekon wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
Mekon wrote:
Trapper John wrote:Because thats how the system is geared. Any idea of how many pleaded guilty in court and how many pleaded guilty and accepted a police caution?

Racists would claim that.

You didn't answer my question, do you have any idea or not? only you appear to have the answer to so many things I thought it might just trip off your tongue.

I know the following. In 2016/17, there were 80,393 offences recorded by the police in which one or more hate
crime strands were deemed to be a motivating factor. This was an increase of 29 per cent compared with the 62,518 hate crimes recorded in 2015/16.

Short of tin-foil accusations of the police and authorities conspiring to falsify the position you know no better.

Ok so you don't, thats all you needed to say.

Nor do you, so all the waffle that followed that statement is moot.
Mekon

Postby Red Okktober » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:34 pm

Mekon wrote:14,480 actually, of which 83.4% resulted in conviction. The remaining 15.6% can be said to be "thrown out" but not those which were not taken to prosecution since all that demonstrates is that there was insufficient evidence to make a conviction likely, or that they were dealt with in other ways, caution for example. It does not mean that the 80,393 offences recorded by the police in which one or more hate crime strands were deemed to be a motivating factor were spurious.

You're trying to defend only 16% of reported hate crimes making it to court. that figure's worth repeating - 16%

I've already given typical examples of the spurious claims being made - the kids flicking paint and the Farage nonsense, yet you're adamant it's down to things like 'insufficient evidence' or being 'dealt with in other ways'
Red Okktober

Postby Mekon » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:41 pm

Red Okktober wrote:
Mekon wrote:14,480 actually, of which 83.4% resulted in conviction. The remaining 15.6% can be said to be "thrown out" but not those which were not taken to prosecution since all that demonstrates is that there was insufficient evidence to make a conviction likely, or that they were dealt with in other ways, caution for example. It does not mean that the 80,393 offences recorded by the police in which one or more hate crime strands were deemed to be a motivating factor were spurious.

You're trying to defend only 16% of reported hate crimes making it to court. that figure's worth repeating - 16%

I've already given typical examples of the spurious claims being made - the kids flicking paint and the Farage nonsense, yet you're adamant it's down to things like 'insufficient evidence' or being 'dealt with in other ways'

I'm not defending anything, I'm simply providing the facts as given by the CPS and Police together with their conclusions rather than indulge in speculation based upon my own prejudices.

I wouldn't for a moment suggest that there are no spurious complaints, or even prosecutions.
Mekon

Postby Trapper John » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:12 pm

So you did have the information all along. :roll: much of which confirmed my thoughts which you described as waffle and moot.

So we have 14,480 cases which made it to court of "80,393 'offences' recorded by the police in which one or more hate crime strands were deemed to be a motivating factor" - first I'll needed to change a very small but important part of that 'allegations' they cannot be termed offences until it is proved an 'offence' has actually been committed.

So we have 80,393 'allegations' of hate crimes, 12,076 of which were proved to be founded in a court of law. Doesn't matter how you choose to spin the rest, they are the facts - which seems to prove that a ridiculously large amount of allegations are made but by comparison, few are proved to have actually happened.

I don't think there is any need to continue on this course, the figures speak for themselves.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Mekon » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:20 pm

Trapper John wrote:

So you did have the information all along. :roll: much of which confirmed my thoughts which you described as waffle and moot.

So we have 14,480 cases which made it to court of "80,393 'offences' recorded by the police in which one or more hate crime strands were deemed to be a motivating factor" - first I'll needed to change a very small but important part of that 'allegations' they cannot be termed offences until it is proved an 'offence' has actually been committed.

So we have 80,393 'allegations' of hate crimes, 12,076 of which were proved to be founded in a court of law. Doesn't matter how you choose to spin the rest, they are the facts - which seems to prove that a ridiculously large amount of allegations are made but by comparison, few are proved to have actually happened.

I don't think there is any need to continue on this course, the figures speak for themselves.

It is the police that determined that they were offences and not allegations, not me. You are free to twist their conclusions anyway you wish, it's what people with agendas do.
Mekon

Postby Trapper John » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:25 pm

Mekon wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

It is the police that determined that they were offences and not allegations, not me. You are free to twist their conclusions anyway you wish, it's what people with agendas do.

Like the police with orders from above, yes I see. thanks :thumbsup:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Mekon » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:26 pm

Trapper John wrote:
Mekon wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

Like the police with orders from above, yes I see. thanks :thumbsup:

Tin foil will be the death of you.
Mekon

Postby Stooo » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:27 pm

Guest wrote:When Dorota moved from Poland to England as a nine-year-old child, her mum said their lives would be ‘better’ and she’d make new friends in no time. Dorota did not want to move, or leave her grandparents and friends, but she did not have a choice. The first few years in England were not easy and the family struggled - learning the language, Dorota’s mum had to change jobs often and they moved around a lot. Now, in her late teens, Dorota is getting ready for her exams, with plans to study accountancy at university. She says she feels happy in England and she was planning to stay in the UK, but the Brexit vote had changed everything. In the last year, Dorota was twice attacked, once on a bus, and once at her school.

Dorota is one of the over 1,000 Eastern Europeans aged 12-18 who took part in the first study of this scale carried out by researchers from the universities of Strathclyde, Plymouth and Durham, which is presented at the British Sociological Association’s conference in Newcastle today. Like Dorota, the majority of the young people in the study said they had seen an increase in the incidents of xenophobia and most felt worried and angry about the UK’s decision to leave the European Union. Many felt a sense of rejection, and Brexit has changed their sense of belonging in the UK. Anka, a 14-year-old Lithuanian, said: “I don’t feel as much as a part of England after Brexit as I’m uncertain of the future. However, I don’t feel as a part of Lithuania and I couldn’t go back there.” This in-between-ness was a common feature of young people’s accounts.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/ ... 2082fdd6c8

Right wing bigoted morons that see Brexshit as an excuse to abuse the minorities.

Nasty hate filled cunts. :pukeup:

So it seems...
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Trapper John » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:32 pm

Stooo wrote:
Guest wrote:When Dorota moved from Poland to England as a nine-year-old child, her mum said their lives would be ‘better’ and she’d make new friends in no time. Dorota did not want to move, or leave her grandparents and friends, but she did not have a choice. The first few years in England were not easy and the family struggled - learning the language, Dorota’s mum had to change jobs often and they moved around a lot. Now, in her late teens, Dorota is getting ready for her exams, with plans to study accountancy at university. She says she feels happy in England and she was planning to stay in the UK, but the Brexit vote had changed everything. In the last year, Dorota was twice attacked, once on a bus, and once at her school.

Dorota is one of the over 1,000 Eastern Europeans aged 12-18 who took part in the first study of this scale carried out by researchers from the universities of Strathclyde, Plymouth and Durham, which is presented at the British Sociological Association’s conference in Newcastle today. Like Dorota, the majority of the young people in the study said they had seen an increase in the incidents of xenophobia and most felt worried and angry about the UK’s decision to leave the European Union. Many felt a sense of rejection, and Brexit has changed their sense of belonging in the UK. Anka, a 14-year-old Lithuanian, said: “I don’t feel as much as a part of England after Brexit as I’m uncertain of the future. However, I don’t feel as a part of Lithuania and I couldn’t go back there.” This in-between-ness was a common feature of young people’s accounts.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/ ... 2082fdd6c8

Right wing bigoted morons that see Brexshit as an excuse to abuse the minorities.

Nasty hate filled cunts. :pukeup:

So it seems...

So what seems? :dunno:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Stooo » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:41 pm

Trapper John wrote:

You hear it pubs all the time, even in the rare occasions that I frequent a boozer. Everything's shit because of immigrants and Muslims, language that has been historically been slapped into you as a kid as rude and disrespectful and if you used it then you should be damn well ashamed. The coming generation seems to have it's head screwed on a bit more when it comes to respecting people as people and that is coming from all sides of a divide that they don't want.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:47 pm

Stooo wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

You hear it pubs all the time, even in the rare occasions that I frequent a boozer. Everything's shit because of immigrants and Muslims, language that has been historically been slapped into you as a kid as rude and disrespectful and if you used it then you should be damn well ashamed. The coming generation seems to have it's head screwed on a bit more when it comes to respecting people as people and that is coming from all sides of a divide that they don't want.

Indeedy.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Trapper John » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:08 pm

Stooo wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

I never had anything 'slapped into me' when I was a kid, In don't know anyone who ever told me they did. I think that is more a conception of the metropolitan liberal and their wannabe followers. A 'The working classes are inherently racist and violent, we know it's only ignorance but they must learn to toe the line' type of thing.

We've just proved that the so called rise in racist attacks since Brexit has little foundation in truth, with 80,393 allegations but only 12,076 convictions.

The younger generation have the luxury of not having had to contribute towards a welfare state for Britain for all their lives only to find out it wasn't there for them when it was needed.

Maybe they'd have a different view if they contributed to say a 'Christmas Club' for the whole year and when they went to claim their contributions to buy presents and such, found the fund was gone.

Despite what people think, which doesn't bother me too much, I've never been racist, I've never judged a person purely on the colour of their skin or culture they come from. My angst if you like is based wholly on the injustices showered on the people of this country by it's governments and those who think others should treated better than their own people in their own country.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Mekon » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:23 pm

Trapper John wrote:
We've just proved that the so called rise in racist attacks since Brexit has little foundation in truth, with 80,393 allegations but only 12,076 convictions.

We, whoever you think you are, have proven nothing of the kind. Simply saying something doesn't make it so.
Mekon

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs