The Windrush Generation

Re: The Windrush Generation

Postby Stooo » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:33 pm

Cannydc wrote:If you had to sign the OSA, Stooo, chances are you were vetted by UKSV - they do SC and DV clearances.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/security-ve ... -clearance

The Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) helps employers make safer recruitment decisions and prevent unsuitable people from working with vulnerable groups, including children.

Completely different service mate.

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... vice/about

I think you are correct.

So many different bloody agencies :woteva:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Punk » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:35 pm

Stooo wrote:
Cannydc wrote:If you had to sign the OSA, Stooo, chances are you were vetted by UKSV - they do SC and DV clearances.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/security-ve ... -clearance

The Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) helps employers make safer recruitment decisions and prevent unsuitable people from working with vulnerable groups, including children.

Completely different service mate.

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... vice/about

I think you are correct.

So many different bloody agencies :woteva:

Cameron promised a bonfire of the quangos. It never happened, did it?
Punk

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:59 am

Another awful story.
DWP sent Windrush pensioner £33,000 bill for disability benefits
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... es_Manager
Rolluplostinspace

Postby malcom1 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:18 pm

We gave these people a good life in Britain but we don't need them any more. The government did the right thing, we don't have room for everybody.
malcom1

Postby Cannydc » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:29 pm

malcom1 wrote:We gave these people a good life in Britain but we don't need them any more. The government did the right thing, we don't have room for everybody.

:pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:

Troll alert....

I wonder who this one is........
Cannydc

Postby malcom1 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:39 pm

Cannydc wrote:
malcom1 wrote:We gave these people a good life in Britain but we don't need them any more. The government did the right thing, we don't have room for everybody.

Troll alert....

Saying someone is a troll doesn't make what they are saying untrue, if we hadn't given the Windrush people a good life they would have gone back to their homes earlier.
malcom1

Postby Cannydc » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:48 pm

malcom1 wrote:
Cannydc wrote:

Troll alert....

Saying someone is a troll doesn't make what they are saying untrue, if we hadn't given the Windrush people a good life they would have gone back to their homes earlier.

It just gets better.

Priceless.

'Back to their homes' - which is where, exactly ?
Cannydc

Postby malcom1 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:24 pm

Cannydc wrote:
malcom1 wrote:
Cannydc wrote:

Troll alert....

It just gets better.

Priceless.

The West Indies. Don't you know anything?
malcom1

Postby Snookerballs » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:33 pm

Cannydc wrote:

Troll alert....

Starbold ???? :trollface:
Snookerballs

Postby Cannydc » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:40 pm

malcom1 wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
malcom1 wrote:
Cannydc wrote:

Troll alert....

It just gets better.

Priceless.

The West Indies. Don't you know anything?

Their homes are here in the UK. They are British citizens BY RIGHT. They have no homes in the West Indies.

Don't you know anything ?
Cannydc

Postby malamute » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:51 pm

Wherever people come from is usually called “home”. My Mum is nearly 94 and not from this country but still calls her birthplace “home” and she has lived here since 1946.
malamute

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:31 pm

malamute wrote:Wherever people come from is usually called “home”. My Mum is nearly 94 and not from this country but still calls her birthplace “home” and she has lived here since 1946.

Careful the Tories will be on her case.

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:53 pm

malcom1 wrote:
Cannydc wrote:

Troll alert....

There homes are here. They have no home abroad. :shake head:

Postby malcom » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:16 pm

Guest wrote:
malcom1 wrote:
Cannydc wrote:

Troll alert....

There homes are here. They have no home abroad. :shake head:

Not the ones that Mrs May said couldnt come back. Most of them went to visit there families back in the West Indies where they come from, and its not like they were born here.
Last edited by malcom on Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
malcom

Postby Grafenwalder » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:16 pm

More proof the Tory Government knew they were targeting Windrush people on a blog written by Anna Jordan-West, Migration Project Manager to the British High Commission in Jamaica. It was published 15th July 2013 on the FO website.

https://blogs.fco.gov.uk/ajordanwest/20 ... portation/

More testimonies emerging daily. A 66 year old lady who came to UK as a four year old child, now a pensioner, has been whacked with a demand from DWP for payment of £33,590 for past disability benefits and threatened with deportation. She was told she had “misrepresented the fact that you were British when in fact you were subject to immigration control”.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... y-benefits

Rudd's performance in the House of Commons this afternoon displayed how unreal these folk are. Rudd, May and others of her ilk seem to inhabit another planet. She said the Windrush generation had no documentation etc, so how the hell did she expect them to prove they were entitled to stay under the 2014/2016 Immigration Acts?

What was the point of asking them to produce documentation it was known they did not have?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... amber-rudd
Last edited by Grafenwalder on Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grafenwalder

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs