Re: The Windrush Generation

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:31 pm

Attachments
windrushmove.jpg
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Avon Barksdale » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:40 pm

Dimples wrote:
I don't actually believe it's about satisfying a pen pusher's pedantry as such.... but it absolutely IS completely in line with the sort of offensive, bigoted ideology which is characteristic of this government and this pathetic excuse for a PM and former Home Secretary).

I agree that they absolutely DO have to be hammered - and in fact I think that so much needs to be made of this that it could bring Theresa May down completely.

She was Home Secretary in 2014 when legal protections for Commonwealth residents were quietly removed in a key clause under the 2014 Immigration Act. The government (unsurprisingly) did not announce the removal of this clause.

She'll no doubt allow Amber Rudd to fall on her sword, rather than do so herself... preferring instead to cling on to power like the self-serving witch she is. It's just yet another thing that shows how fundamentally evil that old bag is.

She has to go.

Ain't no black in the Union Jack.

I see May has apologised and with regard to what happened in 2014 I sincerely hope we can chalk that up to the political maxim "don't put down to malice what you can put down to incompetence." We will see if anyone resigns or is forced to go but I don't think so as immigrants as a group, despite the wailing of "we are losing our country" sometimes have that much power or influence politically. Good as a scapegoat or to create an image of fairness and inclusivity when it suits a political agenda though.

Fundamentally though things like this just confirm what was drummed into me by my parents growing up: the only thing you can truly rely on is yourself.
Avon Barksdale

Postby Cannydc » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:28 pm

The dog knows.....

Cannydc

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:50 pm

It's difficult to comprehend how May as Home Secretary could balls up so hugely.
Cold callous and hope they get away with it?
Or incompetence?
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Keyser » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:14 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:It's difficult to comprehend how May as Home Secretary could balls up so hugely.
Cold callous and hope they get away with it?
Or incompetence?

Both.
Keyser

Postby Grafenwalder » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:21 pm

Windrush Son Due To Be Deported Tomorrow In Heartbreaking Call To James O'Brien

This is distressing to listen to. A 75 year old lady who has cancer and her son was her carer, he is due to be deported tomorrow. Both spoke on a phone in to LBC. MP's Dominic Grieve and David Lammy are on the case so hopefully they will get the deportation stopped.

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/ ... es-obrien/

It's now emerged that thousands of records held by the Home Office which would have proved the status of many Windrush Generation were destroyed despite staff warnings that the move would make it harder to check the records of older Caribbean-born residents experiencing residency difficulties.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... ex-staffer

May has been the prime architect of ethnic cleansing on a massive scale......something i believed i would never see in my own country. How wrong i was. The woman is pure evil and beneath contempt and her grovelling 'apology' before Commonwealth ministers today at Downing street was so fake and insincere it was sickening to watch.

All the people this has affected must be decently compensated and those who were working must have their jobs reinstated. Funds to meet the compensation will naturally come from the tax paying public (as usual!) meaning effectively the Windrush victims will have contributed toward their own compensation. That's not acceptable to me. Funding should come from the pockets of government ministers responsible for this massive cock up..and we can start by emptying May's bank account.
Grafenwalder

Postby Trapper John » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:30 am

No-one needs an apology, apologies get you nothing and it's the stock answer to every politician's continual mistakes. Wrongs have to be righted and thas all, lets not deflect from that with calls for apologies - return to the staus quo, that's whats needed.

I'm afraid people forget, governments and their lackies are only interested in results, to that end they'll go for the line of least resistance, Windrush immigrants were in that line.

Politicians will never understand that target driven initiatives never work, the best example is their abortion which was the CSA which made tens of thousands of hard working fathers, many of who already had court ordered settlements in place which were brushed aside, into paupers because it was easier to milk them than chase the many more thousands of feckless fathers who never paid a thing for their abandoned families.

The Windrush generation came here to help build back up a nation ravaged by war, there were jobs here, high employment and they were invaluable in filling the gap which needed to be filled to enable this country to get back on it's feet, they were true, valuable immigrants.

Unlike the situation we have today where we are flooded with a thousands of times more, who have no other purpose than to line the pockets of an elite few.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Trapper John » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:46 am

If you want apologies then lets start at home, let them apologise to the British people whose wages have nosed dived and standard of living dropped as a result since mass immigration and the glut of cheap labour.

Let them apologise to the millions of British people trying to find a home, to afford rent let alone a mortgage because available houses are filled with foreign immigrants and prices are sky high.

Let them apologise to millions of British people who do not get the medical treatment they've paid for all their lives because the money has been spent on foreigners who have never contributed a bean to our society.

Let them apologise to every British person whose been the victim of a crime committed by foreigners who should never have been here in the first place.

Let them apologise to every British parent whose child has had a substandard education because schools are more intent on integrating foreign kids than teaching British children.

If you want apologies we could start there and work downwards.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Cannydc » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:53 am

Trapper John wrote:If you want apologies then lets start at home, let them apologise to the British people whose wages have nosed dived and standard of living dropped as a result since mass immigration and the glut of cheap labour.

Let them apologise to the millions of British people trying to find a home, to afford rent let alone a mortgage because available houses are filled with foreign immigrants and prices are sky high.

Let them apologise to millions of British people who do not get the medical treatment they've paid for all their lives because the money has been spent on foreigners who have never contributed a bean to our society.

Let them apologise to every British person whose been the victim of a crime committed by foreigners who should never have been here in the first place.

Let them apologise to every British parent whose child has had a substandard education because schools are more intent on integrating foreign kids than teaching British children.

Bile, bile, bitterness and more bile.

These are people who have lived here and contributed to society just as much as you or I.

They were invited here with a promise of British citizenship, and the kids who came with them are those facing problems now thanks to utter incompetence.

We owe them more than an apology. We owe them an immediate dealing with the issues facing them, proper compensation for their treatment, and the resignation of the person where the buck for this omnishambles stops. Step forward, Treeza - your shelf life has expired and you are fired.
Cannydc

Postby Trapper John » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:02 am

Cannydc wrote:
Trapper John wrote:If you want apologies then lets start at home, let them apologise to the British people whose wages have nosed dived and standard of living dropped as a result since mass immigration and the glut of cheap labour.

These are people who have lived here and contributed to society just as much as you or I.

They were invited here with a promise of British citizenship, and the kids who came with them are those facing problems now thanks to utter incompetence.

We owe them more than an apology. We owe them an immediate dealing with the issues facing them, proper compensation for their treatment, and the resignation of the person where the buck for this omnishambles stops. Step forward, Treeza - your shelf life has expired and you are fired.

Try reading both posts and stop this urge of seeing my name and jumping to conclusions. :thumbsup:

PS. I can't recall now if you made calls for Gordon Brown's resignation when he almost singlehandedly destroyed this country and put our kids in hock for the next 20 generations, for the sake of his banking mates?

I'm sure you did because I doubt you'd let simple and ridiculous political party loyalty cloud your anger. :dunno:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:51 am

Europe's warning over Windrush as Brexit chief says scandal ‘deeply worrying’ for EU citizens

The Government's handling of Windrush citizens has led to fears that EU nationals could face similar problems, the European Parliament's Brexit chief has said, as he called on the Home Office to guarantee safeguards.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/e ... ailsignout

Total incompetence and people think a Labour government would be worse!
Nothing could be worse than what we have now surely.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:22 am

Not in my lifetime has there ever been a government like this one that caused so many people so much fear and stress here at home.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:41 am

It’s quite shocking that citizens of the UK can be treated this way. There have been reports of people who’ve lived and contributed here for over 50 years, people invited to live here and have citizenship, being picked up and taken to deportation centres.
Wtf?
This must make a lot of eu residents worry about their rights after Brexit. Maybe that’s the whole point. Maybe this is some sort of political point scoring by the nasty party to make certain citizens ‘know their place’, I wouldn’t put it past the feckers.
Lady Murasaki

Postby bogtrotter » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:34 pm

And the loathesome bitch, May, has been caught lying to parliament today.
bogtrotter

Postby Cannydc » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:45 pm

Trapper John wrote:
Cannydc wrote:

Try reading both posts and stop this urge of seeing my name and jumping to conclusions. :thumbsup:

PS. I can't recall now if you made calls for Gordon Brown's resignation when he almost singlehandedly destroyed this country and put our kids in hock for the next 20 generations, for the sake of his banking mates?

I'm sure you did because I doubt you'd let simple and ridiculous political party loyalty cloud your anger. :dunno:

I didn't, because he didn't.

And if you are that concerned about his banking mates, perhaps you should be asking why not a single one has faced trial, never mind a jail sentence, instead of railing against immigrants.

Sometimes I wonder if you just get out of bed the wrong side and post utter bilge instead of punching a hole in the bathroom door.
Cannydc

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs