NHS

Re: NHS

Postby Gabby » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:54 pm

malamute wrote:
Gabby wrote:
malamute wrote:
Gabby wrote:
malamute wrote:Our NHS is brilliant. My friend found a lump in her stomach less than a month ago. She was seen by her GP, he referred her to hospital, she has had blood tests and examinations and the lump has grown alarmingly. Today she is in hospital having a biopsy and I am looking after her lovely dog. Currently he is sunbathing in my garden.

She is confident that she is receiving excellent treatment.

I wouldn’t have been after almost a month.... should have been fast tracked for something like that!

as I made clear she first had to see GP and then get referral then tests and other exams. That doesnt happen overnight you know. She will now have to wait for results of biopsy which everyone has to.

What’s with the attitude? :ooer: ....... I was fast tracked for a small breast lump..... from seeing GP to getting result of biopsy was 10 days :thumbsup:

No attitude was intended Gabby. We have the BRCA gene in our family so I am very aware of how fast they deal with breast lumps. I think with many other types of lumps they have to rule out other things first. Main thing is she is very satisfied with the care she has had so far and I hope you are too and have the all clear.

Ok, sorry if I read it the wrong way :dunno: .... i’m fine thanks :smilin: .... I hope they find nothing serious with your friend either.... it’s human nature to assume the worst, but thankfully it’s not always the case! :thumbsup:
Gabby

Postby Doctor Doquitealot » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:12 pm

Guest wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:The Tories want to give the NHS to their friends in the city and on Wall st so this is what we end up with ......

U.S. Health Care Ranked Worst in the Developed World

The U.S. health care system has been subject to heated debate over the past decade, but one thing that has remained consistent is the level of performance, which has been ranked as the worst among industrialized nations for the fifth time, according to the 2014 Commonwealth Fund survey 2014. The U.K. ranked best with Switzerland following a close second.
http://time.com/2888403/u-s-health-care ... ped-world/

You truly don't have a clue, Let me someone who actually lives in the USA tell you about the standard of health care here.
I moved here from Britain so know both sides.
On Tuesday, my 9 year old son hurt his ankle in gym class at the school. This was at 9.30 am, At 11:30 am the school nurse contacted my wife and told her he was in pain and should go to A&E. I got a txt at 11:33 am and went to pick him up I then took him to an urgent care center. After I signed in which took me about 10 mins we were seen within 5 minutes. Both his feet were x rayed as a precaution and he was bandaged up and given crutches and told to bring to an orthopedic Doctor as soon as possible but their was no real rush and wednesday would be fine.
We made an appointment for 10 am and he was seen as soon as we arrived. He was x rayed again and all was ok, just a badly bruised bone. The time he actually took to be treated was only hours. No waiting time of days, weeks or months. Just hours Jack, No waiting to be seen by a junior Doctor who didn't know his arse from his elbow.
I've been in a british hospital a few times over the years I Lived there and each time I spent hours in crowded waiting rooms.
I know exactly which Health care system I prefer Jack, Having actually used both systems.
But don't let personal experience stand in the way of your version of the truth eh Jack.

Rolly's online citation versus your personal anecdote. Hmm which one is the more believable? Besides which you've neglected to tell everybody how much you had to pay for your son's treatment. Righties eh? What can you do with 'em?
Doctor Doquitealot

Postby Jay Jay » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:29 pm

Cannydc wrote:Fortunately, under Labour in 2000 reducing waiting times for the diagnosis and treatment of cancer was made a priority under the NHS Cancer Plan.

The established three key targets were met.

In 2007, the Cancer Reform Strategy set out how the 2005 manifesto commitment to go further in improving cancer waiting times would be fulfilled by extending these targets, which were also met.

While many NHS targets have been badly missed, ignored or simply ditched by successive Tory governments since 2010, your friend should be very grateful that Labour's efforts in this area have survived at least up to a point.

For how much longer is anyone's guess.

https://www.kingsfund.org.uk/projects/g ... ting-times

Now Mal has to wait ages thanks to her mate Hunt running riot over waiting times. :shake head:
Note the side swerve... :whistle:
Jay Jay

Postby Jay Jay » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:29 pm

Cannydc wrote:Fortunately, under Labour in 2000 reducing waiting times for the diagnosis and treatment of cancer was made a priority under the NHS Cancer Plan.

The established three key targets were met.

In 2007, the Cancer Reform Strategy set out how the 2005 manifesto commitment to go further in improving cancer waiting times would be fulfilled by extending these targets, which were also met.

While many NHS targets have been badly missed, ignored or simply ditched by successive Tory governments since 2010, your friend should be very grateful that Labour's efforts in this area have survived at least up to a point.

For how much longer is anyone's guess.

https://www.kingsfund.org.uk/projects/g ... ting-times

Now Mal has to wait ages thanks to her mate Hunt running riot over waiting times. :shake head:
Note the side swerve... :whistle:
Jay Jay

Postby Grafenwalder » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:34 pm

Doctor Doquitealot wrote:
Guest wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:The Tories want to give the NHS to their friends in the city and on Wall st so this is what we end up with ......

The U.S. health care system has been subject to heated debate over the past decade, but one thing that has remained consistent is the level of performance, which has been ranked as the worst among industrialized nations for the fifth time, according to the 2014 Commonwealth Fund survey 2014. The U.K. ranked best with Switzerland following a close second.

You truly don't have a clue, Let me someone who actually lives in the USA tell you about the standard of health care here.
On Tuesday, my 9 year old son hurt his ankle in gym class at the school. This was at 9.30 am, At 11:30 am the school nurse contacted my wife and told her he was in pain and should go to A&E. I got a txt at 11:33 am and went to pick him up I then took him to an urgent care center. After I signed in which took me about 10 mins we were seen within 5 minutes. Both his feet were x rayed as a precaution and he was bandaged up and given crutches and told to bring to an orthopedic Doctor as soon as possible but their was no real rush and wednesday would be fine.
We made an appointment for 10 am and he was seen as soon as we arrived. He was x rayed again and all was ok, just a badly bruised bone. The time he actually took to be treated was only hours. No waiting time of days, weeks or months. Just hours Jack, No waiting to be seen by a junior Doctor who didn't know his arse from his elbow.
I've been in a british hospital a few times over the years I Lived there and each time I spent hours in crowded waiting rooms.
I know exactly which Health care system I prefer Jack, Having actually used both systems.
But don't let personal experience stand in the way of your version of the truth eh Jack.

Rolly's online citation versus your personal anecdote. Hmm which one is the more believable? Besides which you've neglected to tell everybody how much you had to pay for your son's treatment. Righties eh? What can you do with 'em?

Guesty will probably say it cost them nothing as their insurance covered it. :laughing:

This gives some idea of cost https://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/23/heres-how-much-the-average-american-spends-on-health-care.html

Also differences according to states https://www.valuepenguin.com/average-cost-of-health-insurance
Grafenwalder

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:45 pm

Cannydc wrote:No mention of COST in that lovely little tale.

A cost that tens of millions of Americans simply cannot afford, as there is a massive profit margin built into their system, exaggerated by over-diagnosis and prescriptions.

I have the best Health Insurance money can buy. And you know why I have it?
Because I earned it. I didn't come here and sit on my arse and expect others to pay for me. I didn't look for handouts I arrived on these shores with a couple of grand in my pocket saved from working in the UK. And the funny thing is I know people of all sizes and colours and every one of them is the same as me. They came here as legal immigrants and all worked for what they have and all have good health insurance. Not once has any of them said they were held back from achieving the American dream.
There are plenty of illegals here who work hard to have a better life for their families and then there are those who cheat the system and steal what ever they can. As do plenty Of Lazy useless Americans who are white, black, yellow, brown. The colour doesn't really matter. It's work ethic and attitude that does.

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:08 pm

Grafenwalder wrote:
Doctor Doquitealot wrote:
Guest wrote:

Guesty will probably say it cost them nothing as their insurance covered it. :laughing:

This gives some idea of cost https://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/23/heres-how-much-the-average-american-spends-on-health-care.html

Also differences according to states https://www.valuepenguin.com/average-cost-of-health-insurance

My family health care costs me several thousand dollars a month. But what price for your families health eh?
I also had private health insurance back in the 80's and 90's while living in Britain.
It's normally the lazy scroungers who claim health treatment is free because they never put into the pot so everything is free to them.
Funny thing is when Obama bought out his universal healthcare bollocks. He actually knocked a lot of people who had a median health care package out of the system.
My wife who also owns her own business told me last year that due to Obama care the office workers she employs had to submit their earnings and what health insurance they had. Most of them she found out were claiming to be single mothers claiming medicade whilst she was paying them a decent wage that they could easily afford their own insurance. They weren't to happy with Obama after that and a few even thought my wife should pay them more to cover the cost of their new insurance. All drove new cars changed every couple of years and ate out all the time took nice holidays but felt it ok to cheat the system. Out of shit they weren't entitled to.
I love that word entitled.
If I hear that word by anyone I employ. I pay them off the next pay check, Nobody is entitled to anything in this world you have to earn it.

Postby Cannydc » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:10 pm

Guest wrote:

A cost that tens of millions of Americans simply cannot afford, as there is a massive profit margin built into their system, exaggerated by over-diagnosis and prescriptions.

Because I earned it. I didn't come here and sit on my arse and expect others to pay for me. I didn't look for handouts I arrived on these shores with a couple of grand in my pocket saved from working in the UK. And the funny thing is I know people of all sizes and colours and every one of them is the same as me. They came here as legal immigrants and all worked for what they have and all have good health insurance. Not once has any of them said they were held back from achieving the American dream.
There are plenty of illegals here who work hard to have a better life for their families and then there are those who cheat the system and steal what ever they can. As do plenty Of Lazy useless Americans who are white, black, yellow, brown. The colour doesn't really matter. It's work ethic and attitude that does.

You have it because you have the privelege of being able to afford it.

Lucky you.

The fact that you care not a jot for those who can't neither surprises nor amazes me.
Cannydc

Postby Grafenwalder » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:57 pm

Guest wrote:

Then as an ex-pat Brit you should also know your NHS treatment didn't come free. You paid into the system like every other tax paying citizen does, the main difference being the NHS doesn't discriminate against those unable to contribute for whatever reason. Yes there will always be a minority of idlers who don't want to work...that's why we need citizens from EU countries who will work and contribute.

People here work bloody hard for what they have but some are more fortunate than others. The NHS is there for all...not just those with money though unfortunately it's long been abused by private healthcare using NHS facilities where they should be fucked off and forced to maintain their own 'in house' services kept entirely seperate from the NHS.

We know...Trump employed undocumented labour to build his gross slabs and then refused to pay them. :wink:
Grafenwalder

Postby Guest » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:39 am

Grafenwalder wrote:
Guest wrote:

Then as an ex-pat Brit you should also know your NHS treatment didn't come free. You paid into the system like every other tax paying citizen does, the main difference being the NHS doesn't discriminate against those unable to contribute for whatever reason. Yes there will always be a minority of idlers who don't want to work...that's why we need citizens from EU countries who will work and contribute.

People here work bloody hard for what they have but some are more fortunate than others. The NHS is there for all...not just those with money though unfortunately it's long been abused by private healthcare using NHS facilities where they should be fucked off and forced to maintain their own 'in house' services kept entirely seperate from the NHS.

We know...Trump employed undocumented labour to build his gross slabs and then refused to pay them. :wink:

Few things, 1) I paid for private health care in the UK because I didn't want to use the NHS hospitals, but the funny thing is it was NHS doctors I always seen by on the main.
2) My ability to go private had nothing to do with being fortunate. I worked the hours and worked hard for my money My bosses never paid me because they were kind generous human beings who wanted to share their money with me.
3) so the skyscrapers of Manhattan are dross slabs? lol or just the ones Trump built?
I think millions of tourists who walk around looking up prove you wrong. Ask anyone who has ever been to NYC and they will all say the sky scrapers are amazing.
And did I miss something or are there no illegals working in the uk then?
I seem to remember 9 illegals dying because they drowned digging for cockles on a British beach. Was Trump to blame for that as well?

Postby Didge » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:31 am

Its time the UK got rid of the NHS

Its a flawed system, and is miles behind many European systems on health care

Maybe anyone can show me how many countries have actually adpated the NHS system?

To the point on assistants doing Nurses work?

Well sorry, but many nurses do very little these days, based on health and safety bullshit and many get paid to sleep at night

My friend is a porter at the William Harvey Hospital in Ashford and every night, they bring out beds for the nurses to sleep on

If only we could all get paid to sleep

Nurses in the main get a good wage. The problem with the NHS, is that it has medical people clueless on how to run a system, like a buisness

Most British trained Doctors, just simple leave and go abroad when qualified, after years of training at the tax payers expense and we continue down this path of insanity with the NHS. It was a great idea, but is simple not workable today

We do not even rate in the top 16

https://nordic.businessinsider.com/the- ... ms-2017-1/

The tories may well be clueless on the NHS, but Labour would just pour more money into a system, so defunct, it would bring this country into further debt.

Its time many people realise, that the NHS is simple not workable

I back a european system, that provides health care to all, but is affordable and workable
Didge

Postby McAz » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:40 am

Didge wrote:Many nurses do very little these days, based on health and safety bullshit and many get paid to sleep at night

My friend is a porter at the William Harvey Hospital in Ashford and every night, they bring out beds for the nurses to sleep on

If only we could all get paid to sleep

Ha ha ha - very good! :thumbsup:
McAz

Postby Trapper John » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:46 am

And still people refuse to mention the big fat elephant sitting in the room. :shake head:

Come out with all the cock and bull stories you like, all the reasons for this and the reasons for that - the fact remains it's all just simple arithmatic - infinite amounts of people using finite amounts of resources.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby McAz » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:50 am

Trapper John wrote:And still people refuse to mention the big fat elephant sitting in the room. :shake head:

Come out with all the cock and bull stories you like, all the reasons for this and the reasons for that - the fact remains it's all just simple arithmatic - infinite amounts of people using finite amounts of resources.

Gosh, Infinite amounts of people - yes that is a lot.
McAz

Postby Trapper John » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:59 am

McAz wrote:
Trapper John wrote:And still people refuse to mention the big fat elephant sitting in the room. :shake head:

Gosh, Infinite amounts of people - yes that is a lot.

give me a number then? - you can't and neither can I so it's infinite. ie: impossible to measure or calculate :thumbsup:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs