NHS

NHS

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:34 am

The Tories want to give the NHS to their friends in the city and on Wall st so this is what we end up with ......

U.S. Health Care Ranked Worst in the Developed World

The U.S. health care system has been subject to heated debate over the past decade, but one thing that has remained consistent is the level of performance, which has been ranked as the worst among industrialized nations for the fifth time, according to the 2014 Commonwealth Fund survey 2014. The U.K. ranked best with Switzerland following a close second.
http://time.com/2888403/u-s-health-care ... ped-world/
Rolluplostinspace

Re: NHS

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:35 am

So far this shower have messed up everything they've touched.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:31 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:The Tories want to give the NHS to their friends in the city and on Wall st so this is what we end up with ......

The U.S. health care system has been subject to heated debate over the past decade, but one thing that has remained consistent is the level of performance, which has been ranked as the worst among industrialized nations for the fifth time, according to the 2014 Commonwealth Fund survey 2014. The U.K. ranked best with Switzerland following a close second.

You truly don't have a clue, Let me someone who actually lives in the USA tell you about the standard of health care here.
I moved here from Britain so know both sides.
On Tuesday, my 9 year old son hurt his ankle in gym class at the school. This was at 9.30 am, At 11:30 am the school nurse contacted my wife and told her he was in pain and should go to A&E. I got a txt at 11:33 am and went to pick him up I then took him to an urgent care center. After I signed in which took me about 10 mins we were seen within 5 minutes. Both his feet were x rayed as a precaution and he was bandaged up and given crutches and told to bring to an orthopedic Doctor as soon as possible but their was no real rush and wednesday would be fine.
We made an appointment for 10 am and he was seen as soon as we arrived. He was x rayed again and all was ok, just a badly bruised bone. The time he actually took to be treated was only hours. No waiting time of days, weeks or months. Just hours Jack, No waiting to be seen by a junior Doctor who didn't know his arse from his elbow.
I've been in a british hospital a few times over the years I Lived there and each time I spent hours in crowded waiting rooms.
I know exactly which Health care system I prefer Jack, Having actually used both systems.
But don't let personal experience stand in the way of your version of the truth eh Jack.

Postby Jay Jay » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:08 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:So far this shower have messed up everything they've touched.

Morons like May and Hunt want the UK to be like the USA.
Well fucking whoopee do! :shake head:
Jay Jay

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:52 am

Guest wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:The Tories want to give the NHS to their friends in the city and on Wall st so this is what we end up with ......

You truly don't have a clue, Let me someone who actually lives in the USA tell you about the standard of health care here.
I moved here from Britain so know both sides.
On Tuesday, my 9 year old son hurt his ankle in gym class at the school. This was at 9.30 am, At 11:30 am the school nurse contacted my wife and told her he was in pain and should go to A&E. I got a txt at 11:33 am and went to pick him up I then took him to an urgent care center. After I signed in which took me about 10 mins we were seen within 5 minutes. Both his feet were x rayed as a precaution and he was bandaged up and given crutches and told to bring to an orthopedic Doctor as soon as possible but their was no real rush and wednesday would be fine.
We made an appointment for 10 am and he was seen as soon as we arrived. He was x rayed again and all was ok, just a badly bruised bone. The time he actually took to be treated was only hours. No waiting time of days, weeks or months. Just hours Jack, No waiting to be seen by a junior Doctor who didn't know his arse from his elbow.
I've been in a british hospital a few times over the years I Lived there and each time I spent hours in crowded waiting rooms.
I know exactly which Health care system I prefer Jack, Having actually used both systems.
But don't let personal experience stand in the way of your version of the truth eh Jack.

It's not a report about your experience but America as a whole and it's not me saying it it's the article.
There's hundreds of reports saying the same or similar.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Cannydc » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:34 am

No mention of COST in that lovely little tale.

A cost that tens of millions of Americans simply cannot afford, as there is a massive profit margin built into their system, exaggerated by over-diagnosis and prescriptions.
Cannydc

Postby Lady Murasaki » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:43 am

From what I can figure out the problems aren’t just about cost. It’s about management, stupid targets and certain parties undermining it at every chance they can so it can be sold off to private companies piece by piece.

Similar is happening with education. Make teaching so unworkable that the more experienced ones leave or get too ill/stressed for it, bring in agencies (there’s a big business in that) and let untrained/unqualified people teach, thereby undermining the profession further.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Cannydc » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:47 am

Cannydc wrote:No mention of COST in that lovely little tale.

A cost that tens of millions of Americans simply cannot afford, as there is a massive profit margin built into their system, exaggerated by over-diagnosis and prescriptions.

Should have read COST to the US user

UK NHS is free at the point of use. For how long may well depend on the next election.
Cannydc

Postby malamute » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:33 am

Our NHS is brilliant. My friend found a lump in her stomach less than a month ago. She was seen by her GP, he referred her to hospital, she has had blood tests and examinations and the lump has grown alarmingly. Today she is in hospital having a biopsy and I am looking after her lovely dog. Currently he is sunbathing in my garden.

She is confident that she is receiving excellent treatment.
malamute

Postby Cannydc » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:42 am

Fortunately, under Labour in 2000 reducing waiting times for the diagnosis and treatment of cancer was made a priority under the NHS Cancer Plan.

The established three key targets were met.

In 2007, the Cancer Reform Strategy set out how the 2005 manifesto commitment to go further in improving cancer waiting times would be fulfilled by extending these targets, which were also met.

While many NHS targets have been badly missed, ignored or simply ditched by successive Tory governments since 2010, your friend should be very grateful that Labour's efforts in this area have survived at least up to a point.

For how much longer is anyone's guess.

https://www.kingsfund.org.uk/projects/g ... ting-times
Cannydc

Postby Gabby » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:41 pm

malamute wrote:Our NHS is brilliant. My friend found a lump in her stomach less than a month ago. She was seen by her GP, he referred her to hospital, she has had blood tests and examinations and the lump has grown alarmingly. Today she is in hospital having a biopsy and I am looking after her lovely dog. Currently he is sunbathing in my garden.

I wouldn’t have been after almost a month.... should have been fast tracked for something like that!
Gabby

Postby malamute » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:52 pm

Gabby wrote:
malamute wrote:Our NHS is brilliant. My friend found a lump in her stomach less than a month ago. She was seen by her GP, he referred her to hospital, she has had blood tests and examinations and the lump has grown alarmingly. Today she is in hospital having a biopsy and I am looking after her lovely dog. Currently he is sunbathing in my garden.

I wouldn’t have been after almost a month.... should have been fast tracked for something like that!

as I made clear she first had to see GP and then get referral then tests and other exams. That doesnt happen overnight you know. She will now have to wait for results of biopsy which everyone has to.
malamute

Postby Gabby » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:56 pm

malamute wrote:
Gabby wrote:

as I made clear she first had to see GP and then get referral then tests and other exams. That doesnt happen overnight you know. She will now have to wait for results of biopsy which everyone has to.

What’s with the attitude? :ooer: ....... I was fast tracked for a small breast lump..... from seeing GP to getting result of biopsy was 10 days :thumbsup:
Gabby

Postby guest » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:01 pm

Gabby wrote:
malamute wrote:
Gabby wrote:

What’s with the attitude? :ooer: ....... I was fast tracked for a small breast lump..... from seeing GP to getting result of biopsy was 10 days :thumbsup:

She's a Rees Mogg supporter. Kind of sums her attitude up really :pukeup:

Postby malamute » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:58 pm

Gabby wrote:
malamute wrote:
Gabby wrote:

No attitude was intended Gabby. We have the BRCA gene in our family so I am very aware of how fast they deal with breast lumps. I think with many other types of lumps they have to rule out other things first. Main thing is she is very satisfied with the care she has had so far and I hope you are too and have the all clear.
malamute

Next

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs