The Polls

Re: The Polls

Postby McAz » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:23 pm

Stooo wrote:
McAz wrote:"What if Labour found itself in power before March 2019, and the Article 50 deadline for withdrawal from the EU? He doesn’t blink at the idea, but stays away from the technicalities: ‘We’ve built in a transition period, so that will give us a bit of stability… We feel whatever the state of play will be, we’ll be able to secure a better deal with Europe or use that transition period to prepare the future.’"

This bit offers hope Jack - the rest is huff imo, remember that the new Labour gov't will likely have the SNP and LibDems in tow so nothing can be guaranteed.

Any coalition will depend on an EU stance. Our financial sector is bleeding out because of the uncertainty.

You won't go with Tories again - nor of course will the SNP. With luck sensible non-Tory heads will prevail.
McAz

Postby Stooo » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:40 pm

McAz wrote:
Stooo wrote:
McAz wrote:"What if Labour found itself in power before March 2019, and the Article 50 deadline for withdrawal from the EU? He doesn’t blink at the idea, but stays away from the technicalities: ‘We’ve built in a transition period, so that will give us a bit of stability… We feel whatever the state of play will be, we’ll be able to secure a better deal with Europe or use that transition period to prepare the future.’"

This bit offers hope Jack - the rest is huff imo, remember that the new Labour gov't will likely have the SNP and LibDems in tow so nothing can be guaranteed.

Any coalition will depend on an EU stance. Our financial sector is bleeding out because of the uncertainty.

You won't go with Tories again - nor of course will the SNP. With luck sensible non-Tory heads will prevail.

We won't go with Labour either unless they sort themselves out over the EU not that a lot of the membership give a monkeys.

Mungo asked earlier why we gained so many local council seats and it's because we are really good at local government and actually get results. My last LD MP (Adrian Sanders) was at heart a fantastic constituency MP who sat on some committees but was mainly for the people of the area before anything else, he still remains a fully committed local councillor and that to me is the problem.

As a party, we need to actually need to push national issues and solutions rather than worry about a public toilet being shut down.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby McAz » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:57 pm

Stooo wrote:
McAz wrote:
Stooo wrote:

We won't go with Labour either unless they sort themselves out over the EU not that a lot of the membership give a monkeys.

Mungo asked earlier why we gained so many local council seats and it's because we are really good at local government and actually get results. My last LD MP (Adrian Sanders) was at heart a fantastic constituency MP who sat on some committees but was mainly for the people of the area before anything else, he still remains a fully committed local councillor and that to me is the problem.

As a party, we need to actually need to push national issues and solutions rather than worry about a public toilet being shut down.

No "going with" may be necessary - you will support what is in line with your policies. One can easily imagine a scenario of an SNP/Labour coalition with the LibDems playing along as and will. Personally I don't care what combination is able to reverse Brexit if it is at all possible.

As to your national position, you need to find something that distinguishes you from right-wing Labour. All you have at the moment is that you are not perceived as the mouthpiece of the unions - and that is not enough. If Labour ever ditch their labour movement connection - something I've wanted for decades - then you may as well merge.
McAz

Postby Stooo » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:05 pm

McAz wrote:
No "going with" may be necessary - you will support what is in line with your policies. One can easily imagine a scenario of an SNP/Labour coalition with the LibDems playing along as and will. Personally I don't care what combination is able to reverse Brexit if it is at all possible.

As to your national position, you need to find something that distinguishes you from right-wing Labour. All you have at the moment is that you are not perceived as the mouthpiece of the unions - and that is not enough. If Labour ever ditch their labour movement connection - something I've wanted for decades - then you may as well merge.

Labour don't appear to want to stop brexit, Momentum certainly doesn't. We need to be more like right-wing Labour, things weren't utter shit then.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby McAz » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:08 pm

Stooo wrote:
McAz wrote:

Labour don't appear to want to stop brexit, Momentum certainly doesn't. We need to be more like right-wing Labour, things weren't utter shit then.

No we don't - Tory Lite solves Brexit (if the Massive agree) but bugger all else. We need, and will always need, representatives that don't suck rich man's cock.
McAz

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:12 pm

McAz wrote:
Stooo wrote:
McAz wrote:

No we don't - Tory Lite solves Brexit (if the Massive agree) but bugger all else. We need, and will always need, representatives that don't suck rich man's cock.

:lol: Too Right! :score:

Postby Ray of Sunshine » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:15 pm

Labour are same as the Democrats now, the party of wealthy liberals and minorities.

Working class people in the U.S. don't vote left, or in Northern Ireland, won't for much longer here either I don't think.

Look at all the divided ghettoised towns we have now especially in NW England, mini Ulsters.
Ray of Sunshine

Postby McAz » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:19 pm

Ray of Sunshine wrote:Labour are same as the Democrats now, the party of wealthy liberals and minorities.

Working class people in the U.S. don't vote left, or in Northern Ireland, won't for much longer here either I don't think.

Look at all the divided ghettoised towns we have now especially in NW England, mini Ulsters.

There's a mighty-whitey party out there for you somewhere Ray - don't despair. :thumbsup:
McAz

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:19 pm

Ray of Sunshine wrote:Labour are same as the Democrats now, the party of wealthy liberals and minorities.

So you have a problem with minorities then? :dunno:

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:36 pm

McAz wrote:

There's a mighty-whitey party out there for you somewhere Ray - don't despair. :thumbsup:

Theres an anti-Semitic one for you.

Great lolz reading these 'strategies' ensures we stay in power.

:cuppaT:

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:41 pm

Guest wrote:
McAz wrote:

Nope.

You are going down in the polls :gigglesnshit:

Postby McAz » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:41 pm

Guest wrote:
McAz wrote:

You sound anxious, Vipes - try using your left hand for a change. :thumbsup:
McAz

Postby Ray of Sunshine » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:42 pm

Guest wrote:

In multi-ethnic countries people vote on the basis of race not class.

Blair opened the floodgates, Labour brought it on themselves, they got their cheap foreign labour, screwed over their working-class voters and acted as if what they did was virtuous, set of "see you next Tuesdays".
Ray of Sunshine

Postby McAz » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:46 pm

Ray of Sunshine wrote:
Guest wrote:

In multi-ethnic countries people vote on the basis of race not class.

Blair opened the floodgates, Labour brought it on themselves, they got their cheap foreign labour, screwed over their working-class voters and acted as if what they did was virtuous, set of "see you next Tuesdays".

Why haven't the Tories closed the "floodgates", Ray?
McAz

Postby MungoBrush » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:59 pm

Stooo wrote:
McAz wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Be more like Norman Lamb
He relentlessly pursued this Gosport scandal, and was rightly praised in parliament today.
MungoBrush

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs