Racism epidemic in the Tory party

Re: Racism epidemic in the Tory party

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:40 pm

Postby Didge » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:59 pm

Cannydc wrote:Get that dipstick Viper / Didge on the job.

He can spam stupid every forum that he hasn't yet been banned on, using the usual mixture of faux outrage and endless utter bilge.

Oh, wait....

He only does that to Labour.

lol, you still upset I see ha ha ha

I mean I have not even posted yet and you are in rant and anger mode

Happy days

Anyway, happy to discuss this, but there seems to be no evidence presented, not study, no law changes etc. Just a quote where Andrew Lansley said this in 2001.

Are we debating how the Tories were in 2001 or today?
Didge

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:21 pm

A dossier of racism in the Conservative Party
This dossier was compiled from news reports in the local and national media and is far from comprehensive…

But what it shows is that the Conservative Party is regularly beset by allegations of racism against its MPs, Councillors and candidates. It’s also clear that only rarely do such instances — even when particularly offensive — result in the person being expelled from the Party.

The cases include Tory elected representatives using racist abuse like “Pakis”, “pikies”, and “piccaninnies” — as well as several antiSemitic or Islamophobic remarks. But most appear to have been allowed to continue their membership and even to represent the Conservative Party.

Back in 2001 Andrew Lansley MP complained of “endemic racism” in the Conservative Party. In January 2015 a former aide to both Margaret Thatcher and John Major described the Conservative Party as “essentially racist”. Just recently, lifetime Tory voter and Daily Mail columnist Peter Oborne described Zac Goldsmith’s Islamophobic London mayoral campaign as the “most repulsive I have ever seen”.

https://www.thepileus.com/uk/a-dossier- ... ive-party/

Postby Didge » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:14 pm

There we go, some claims to racism, so lets go through them.

1) Smith Benson. Correct that is racist what he said and he resigned. Should have been sacked

2) Islamophobia is not racism, as it would be xenophobia towards Muslims. So is Lord Tebbit xenophobic, by telling her to be quite? Conclusion, subjective

3) Bob Frost, clearly racist. He was sacked

4) Aidan Burley, Not racist, just very insensitve

5) Chris Joannides. Not racism, but xenophoibia and was expelled from the Party.

6) John Cherry, definately racist and resigned. Should have been sacked

7) Tom Davey, definately racist, sexist, homophobia etc. Should have been sacked

8) Stephen Lees definately xenophobic, not racist. Jury is out if a Tory member

9) UCL Conservative Society, definately antisemitism, xenophobia. More than an apology should have happened

10) Colin Woodward, definately antisemitic, should have been sacked

11) Gulzabeen Afsar, definately antisemitic, should have been sacked#

12) David Coulter, definately racism, should have been sacked

13) Thomas Crockett, errr at a loss on what that is? Hate? Still wrong, but not racism

14) Bob Fahey, definately racism, should have been sacked

15) Gordon MacAskill, not racism, just a conspiracy loon

16) Jim Buckley, definately racism, should have been sacked

17) Oliver Letwin, definately racism, should have been sacked

18) David Cameron, not racist and partly correct, many Migrants did get in off the back of the refugee crises.

19) David Meikle, not racism, but an unfounded accusation

20) Matthew Sephton, not racism, but xenophobia

21) Mary Kilpatrick, xenophobic, should have been sacked for using Far right slurs, not for calling for a ban on Veils. Its inequality anyway, women can cover their face and men cannot, if they went to work, in a bank etc. That is not racism.

22) Boris Johnson, just plain stupid comment to make and inaccurate, not racist

23) David Whittingham, definately racist and rightly kicked out.

24) Abdul Zaman, sexist and antisemitic, should have been sacked.

25) MP, Bob Blackman, definately xenophobic, should be sacked

Some comments about Goldsmith, which have no relevance

So based on that, I would say the Tories have some racism within their party and its a problem that definately needs to be dealt with

That does not constitute institutional racism or an epidemic. As its clearly not a widespread occurance

Hope that helps
Didge

Postby Didge » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:47 pm

Sorry, missed the first 9 on the link

Will do a quick list of them

1) David Cameron, not racist, just stupid

2) A view made by Andrew lansley, which is an opinion

3) Boris again, this time racist, should have been sacked.

4) Is alleged

5) Boris again, very racist, again should have gone

6) Bob Allen, racist, should be sacked.

7) Robert Fraser, racist again should have been sacked

8) David Wilshire, not antisemitic but very insensitive to the Jewish victims of the Holocaust
'
9) Peter Hobbins, racist and was suspended

So all in all, that is 20 people being either racist, sexist, xenophobic/Islamophobic, antisemitic since 2002

Since Corbyn has come to power, 300 cases of anti-Semitism referred within Labour since 2015. Where 150 have been expelled or resigned from the party.
Where another 74 cases are still pending

So whilst I agree that the Conservatives have a problem with racism, xenophobia, Islamophobia, sexism etc. Which needs to be dealt with properly. It pails into comparrison to the number of antisemitism cases within Labour in the last 3 years.
Didge

Postby malcom » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:52 pm

The Labour Party supports racial integration but is racist against the Jews, it doesn't make sense. At least the right wing people are honest about hating Jews.
malcom

Postby Didge » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:58 pm

malcom wrote:The Labour Party supports racial integration but is racist against the Jews, it doesn't make sense. At least the right wing people are honest about hating Jews.

Its a diferent form of antisemitism

Whilts on the right it is genrally around racial and cultural antisemitism

The left its political and economic antisemitism

Its why many of the left are in denial to this problem, as many simple do not understand the many forms of antisemitism
Didge

Postby malcom » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:10 pm

Didge wrote:
malcom wrote:The Labour Party supports racial integration but is racist against the Jews, it doesn't make sense. At least the right wing people are honest about hating Jews.

Its why many of the left are in denial to this problem, as many simple do not understand the many forms of antisemitism

How can there be antisemitism if the Jews are not a race?
malcom

Postby Didge » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:13 pm

malcom wrote:
Didge wrote:

Racial antisemitism is just one form of antisemitism

How does it exist? Because people buy into hatefule lies against the Jews. Formed from scientific racism

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_racism
Didge

Postby malcom » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:22 pm

Didge wrote:
malcom wrote:
Didge wrote:

How does it exist? Because people buy into hatefule lies against the Jews. Formed from scientific racism

One minute youre claiming there are no races but the next you say there is racism. That makes no sense, there either is races or there isn't, you cant mix and match to suit yourself.
malcom

Postby Didge » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:26 pm

malcom wrote:
Didge wrote:
malcom wrote:
Didge wrote:

One minute youre claiming there are no races but the next you say there is racism. That makes no sense, there either is races or there isn't, you cant mix and match to suit yourself.

OMG

I said biologically there is only one race, the human race

Races exist as a social construct

If you cannot understand the difference, after me explaing it many times. Then nobody can.
Didge

Postby malcom » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:33 pm

Didge wrote:
malcom wrote:One minute youre claiming there are no races but the next you say there is racism. That makes no sense, there either is races or there isn't, you cant mix and match to suit yourself.

OMG

If you cannot understand the difference, after me explaing it many times. Then nobody can.

I posted the Wikipedia definition of race earlier, did you not read it? Not a problem, we both now agree that there are different races and that people can be racist. A good thing too because it is nothing to be ashamed of so long as you don't cause other people harm.
malcom

Postby Didge » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:34 pm

malcom wrote:
Didge wrote:
malcom wrote:One minute youre claiming there are no races but the next you say there is racism. That makes no sense, there either is races or there isn't, you cant mix and match to suit yourself.

OMG

I posted the definition of race earlier, did you not read it? Not a problem, we both now agree that there are different races and that people can be racist. A good thing too because it is nothing to be ashamed of so long as you don't cause other people harm.

Seriously, yet another Cathy Newman I am debating

I will leave people to see what I wrote and not the intepretation by cathy Mark II

:smilin:
Didge

Postby malcom » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:38 pm

Didge wrote:
malcom wrote:
Didge wrote:

OMG

I posted the definition of race earlier, did you not read it? Not a problem, we both now agree that there are different races and that people can be racist. A good thing too because it is nothing to be ashamed of so long as you don't cause other people harm.

I will leave people to see what I wrote and not the intepretation by cathy Mark II

Who is a Cathy Newman? Is she a racist too?
malcom

Postby Didge » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:41 pm

malcom wrote:
Didge wrote:
malcom wrote:
Didge wrote:

OMG

Who is a Cathy Newman? Is she a racist too?

No idea if she is racist, but you ask questions exactly like her and then come to the wrong conclusion all the time.
Didge

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs