Stephen Lawrence Day.

Re: Stephen Lawrence Day.

Postby Lady Murasaki » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:11 am

Trapper John wrote:Jeez you can't make this fucking stuff up can you. :roll:

Black kids are being pig-stuck every day by other black kids and no-one bats an eyelid, yet a black kid stabbed over two decades ago is given a 'saints day' because white kids did it? :shake head:

I have a suggestion, lets have a special day to remember all of the thousands of young victims of industrialised and systematic Pakistani rape gangs, we can pick any day of the year because it happened 24/7/365 for at least four decades - on that scale there should also be a monument with a plaque reading 'Sacrificed for the good of minority community relations'

It was a moment in time that shifted public perception. That a person could get killed waiting for a bus purely because of the colour of their skin in this country shocked most people to the core. It wasn’t the first or the last time someone was killed like that but it was the most shocking. And what followed made people realise just how unjust and insidious racism really is.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Trapper John » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:42 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:

Black kids are being pig-stuck every day by other black kids and no-one bats an eyelid, yet a black kid stabbed over two decades ago is given a 'saints day' because white kids did it? :shake head:

I have a suggestion, lets have a special day to remember all of the thousands of young victims of industrialised and systematic Pakistani rape gangs, we can pick any day of the year because it happened 24/7/365 for at least four decades - on that scale there should also be a monument with a plaque reading 'Sacrificed for the good of minority community relations'

It was a moment in time that shifted public perception. That a person could get killed waiting for a bus purely because of the colour of their skin in this country shocked most people to the core. It wasn’t the first or the last time someone was killed like that but it was the most shocking. And what followed made people realise just how unjust and insidious racism really is.

You mean that is the perception we were constantly having drummed into us for 25 years, no-one really knows why, only the victim and those who committed the murder.

The fact is, he was murdered - there is no independent evidence to say he was murdered solely because he was black, thats a made up
assumption that fitted a zillion agendas then, just as it does now.

A brutal murder and sad waste of a young life yes, to make anything more of it though just fuels anger and hatred on all sides, maybe thats what they want.

I'm not surprised that those who rant and rail about 'stereotyping' do exactly that when it suits them.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Lady Murasaki » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:54 am

Trapper John wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

You mean that is the perception we were constantly having drummed into us for 25 years, no-one really knows why, only the victim and those who committed the murder.

The fact is, he was murdered - there is no independent evidence to say he was murdered solely because he was black, thats a made up

A brutal murder and sad waste of a young life yes, to make anything more of it though just fuels anger and hatred on all sides, maybe thats what they want.

I'm not surprised that those who rant and rail about 'stereotyping' do exactly that when it suits them.

There were quite a lot of racist attacks back then, play it down as much as you want, it was a reality.
This one was the straw that broke the camels back because of how the police dealt with the incident and the family afterwards. If it wasn’t a black victim they wouldn’t have tried so hard to label him as a gang member in a street fight.
Where you say no one knows why it happened, there were witnesses, and there was a racist slur by one of the gang members just before the attack. The witness accounts paint it as an unprovoked racist attack.
Why so keen to discard the actual testimonies of these people?

As for your last sentence, it doesn’t suit anyone to know that racist attacks happen.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Trapper John » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:49 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

There were quite a lot of racist attacks back then, play it down as much as you want, it was a reality.
This one was the straw that broke the camels back because of how the police dealt with the incident and the family afterwards. If it wasn’t a black victim they wouldn’t have tried so hard to label him as a gang member in a street fight.
Where you say no one knows why it happened, there were witnesses, and there was a racist slur by one of the gang members just before the attack. The witness accounts paint it as an unprovoked racist attack.

As for your last sentence, it doesn’t suit anyone to know that racist attacks happen.

Whatever happened afterwards has nothing to do with why he was murdered. The only witness who could have said what really happened was his mate who ran off before the gang got to Lawrence, not that I blame him one iota. Other witnesses may have seen things from a distance and how accurate they were is debateable, no-one heard anyone say you're gonna die because you're black or anything remotely like it.

Believe it or not, people are murdered for a multitude of reasons which aren't always the most obvious, it suited those at the time to label it racist just as it still does now and thats how the culture of Stephen Lawrence's 'Racist' murder has been written into the public consciousness and folklore.

I've lived and frequented some of the very roughest parts of London in my younger years, I can tell you that I know of no incident or event which happened in my time where the race or colour of a person was the sole reason for an altercation, there was always far more to it than that. I've seen Jamaicans kick off with Nigerians in Peckham, the former calling the latter fucking African scum, were they ever reported as racist attacks ?

As for people having agendas, just look at the thousands of useless, pointless and downright untrue claims people are making today about hate attacks since Brexit, there is always an agenda.

The sole reason for calling his death the result of a racist attack is because he was black and his murderers were white. There are black kids stabbing each other to death on a daily basis today, why haven't any of these been branded racist? - many of the victims and perpetrators come from totally different countries and cultures, many of whom hate the other - why isn't that RACIST? why isn't the sole reason for them killing each other a RACIST one? - I'll tell you why, because it doesn't fit an agenda that some want to push.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Red Okktober » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:01 pm

Cannydc wrote:Will it be a bank holiday.

Of course not. As if a Tory government would ever sanction such a thing.

You're getting a touch carried away now canny - of course it won't be a bank holiday - why would you think it might be?

As terrible as the murder was, trying to mark the occasion by putting it on a par with the likes of Easter Monday and Boxing day is crazy talk.

Do you think Stephen Lawrence is comparable to Jesus?
Red Okktober

Postby Cannydc » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:15 pm

Red Okktober wrote:
Cannydc wrote:Will it be a bank holiday.

Of course not. As if a Tory government would ever sanction such a thing.

You're getting a touch carried away now canny - of course it won't be a bank holiday - why would you think it might be?

As terrible as the murder was, trying to mark the occasion by putting it on a par with the likes of Easter Monday and Boxing day is crazy talk.

Do you think Stephen Lawrence is comparable to Jesus?

I don't think we should have a Stephen Lawrence day at all. It is futile, OTT, and will be mostly forgotten in a generation.

My comment was tongue in cheek, and allied to the fact that Labour will make 4 saint's days into bank hols if elected.
Cannydc

Postby Red Okktober » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:27 pm

Cannydc wrote:I don't think we should have a Stephen Lawrence day at all. It is futile, OTT, and will be mostly forgotten in a generation.

My comment was tongue in cheek, and allied to the fact that Labour will make 4 saint's days into bank hols if elected.

You should try using that tongue-in-cheek get-out clause for the rest of your posting history, and see if you have any takers.

Although I suspect you actually mean most of the shite you come out with.
Red Okktober

Postby Cannydc » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:30 pm

Red Okktober wrote:
Cannydc wrote:I don't think we should have a Stephen Lawrence day at all. It is futile, OTT, and will be mostly forgotten in a generation.

You should try using that tongue-in-cheek get-out clause for the rest of your posting history, and see if you have any takers.

Although I suspect you actually mean most of the shite you come out with.

Awww - sorry to disappoint.
Cannydc

Postby Grafenwalder » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:31 pm

Guest wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:This image always stuck in my mind after the 1998 public inquiry collapsed and they came swaggering out chest puffing and sneering..then got pelted with eggs by the waiting crowd. Rotten to the core, all of them. Never done a days honest work in their lives. The police should have let the crowd loose on them.

They were far right.

A couple of them went to Thomas Tallis school in Eltham, and one of my mates was in one of their year.

....When they sometimes saw him whilst driving around in Lee....They used to shout really bad homophobic comments out of the car windows (stolen cars)

...Scum.

I remember at the time of the investigation police had a tough time getting anyone to talk as those that knew them were too scared. All have links to criminality and one whose father was in prison is a close associate of Kenneth Noye, Brinks-Mat robbery guy who murdered Steven Cameron in a road rage attack.

It always amazes me how any woman could be drawn to such low life thugs yet they are. They obviously have the same hateful mindset and enjoy the notoriety.
Grafenwalder

Postby Trapper John » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:46 pm

Grafenwalder wrote:
Guest wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:This image always stuck in my mind after the 1998 public inquiry collapsed and they came swaggering out chest puffing and sneering..then got pelted with eggs by the waiting crowd. Rotten to the core, all of them. Never done a days honest work in their lives. The police should have let the crowd loose on them.

They were far right.

A couple of them went to Thomas Tallis school in Eltham, and one of my mates was in one of their year.

....When they sometimes saw him whilst driving around in Lee....They used to shout really bad homophobic comments out of the car windows (stolen cars)

...Scum.

I remember at the time of the investigation police had a tough time getting anyone to talk as those that knew them were too scared. All have links to criminality and one whose father was in prison is a close associate of Kenneth Noye, Brinks-Mat robbery guy who murdered Steven Cameron in a road rage attack.

It always amazes me how any woman could be drawn to such low life thugs yet they are. They obviously have the same hateful mindset and enjoy the notoriety.

I respect your opinion but where's the "It always amazes me how any woman could be drawn to such low life thugs yet they are." come from? :dunno:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Grafenwalder » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:31 pm

Trapper John wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:
Guest wrote:

They were far right.

...Scum.

I respect your opinion but where's the "It always amazes me how any woman could be drawn to such low life thugs yet they are." come from? :dunno:

Charlotte Hunter, Claire Vose, Terri Dean and Belinda Harmer are all 'associates'. I can't think there are many parents around who'd relish the thought of their daughter bringing one of those scumbags home and imagine the thought of possible future son-in-law would fill most with dread.
Grafenwalder

Postby Trapper John » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:12 pm

Cannydc wrote:

There is no merit in that, I hope people realise it.

If that did happen, employers would only dock them off your stautory annual leave entitlement as they do now.

Employers are under no obligation to pay you for bank holidays, they already do that with the current ones as most people wouldn't take the day off unpaid so they prefer instead to be paid for the bank holiday at the expense of a day's paid annual leave.

Basically, having worked full time for the required length of time, everyone is entitled to a minimum of 28 days paid annual leave, few get that unless their job requires them to work bank holidays. The rest have 20 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays.

Of course length of service agreements and any other local agreements aside, thats basically it.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:37 am

Trapper John wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

Whatever happened afterwards has nothing to do with why he was murdered. The only witness who could have said what really happened was his mate who ran off before the gang got to Lawrence, not that I blame him one iota. Other witnesses may have seen things from a distance and how accurate they were is debateable, no-one heard anyone say you're gonna die because you're black or anything remotely like it.
His mate ran away for a reason, he saw a white gang approaching them and heard the n word, it may be normal parlance for people like you but for a couple of black youths waiting for a bus, hearing that at nighttime coming from a gang of white youths is something to worry about. Especially as racist attacks were quite common back then.

Believe it or not, people are murdered for a multitude of reasons which aren't always the most obvious, it suited those at the time to label it racist just as it still does now and thats how the culture of Stephen Lawrence's 'Racist' murder has been written into the public consciousness and folklore.
Suited why?
Why are you so keen to doubt it was a racist attack?
Did you not see how the accused swaggered in and out of the courts?
Their contempt/disrespect that someone was murdered said a lot.
The tapes of them with machete knives etc making racist threats said a lot.
Yet you want to paint this as something else.
:dunno:

I've lived and frequented some of the very roughest parts of London in my younger years, I can tell you that I know of no incident or event which happened in my time where the race or colour of a person was the sole reason for an altercation, there was always far more to it than that. I've seen Jamaicans kick off with Nigerians in Peckham, the former calling the latter fucking African scum, were they ever reported as racist attacks ?
Just because you didn’t see it it doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. I’ve seen people set upon, outnumbered, simply because of their race. That was the sole reason for the attack.
You live in denial if you think that’s never happened.

As for people having agendas, just look at the thousands of useless, pointless and downright untrue claims people are making today about hate attacks since Brexit, there is always an agenda.

The sole reason for calling his death the result of a racist attack is because he was black and his murderers were white. There are black kids stabbing each other to death on a daily basis today, why haven't any of these been branded racist? - many of the victims and perpetrators come from totally different countries and cultures, many of whom hate the other - why isn't that RACIST? why isn't the sole reason for them killing each other a RACIST one? - I'll tell you why, because it doesn't fit an agenda that some want to push.

Your agenda of brushing racist attacks under the carpet is quite weird.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Trapper John » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:01 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

His mate ran away for a reason, he saw a white gang approaching them and heard the n word, it may be normal parlance for people like you but for a couple of black youths waiting for a bus, hearing that at nighttime coming from a gang of white youths is something to worry about. Especially as racist attacks were quite common back then.

Suited why?
Why are you so keen to doubt it was a racist attack?
Did you not see how the accused swaggered in and out of the courts?
Their contempt/disrespect that someone was murdered said a lot.
The tapes of them with machete knives etc making racist threats said a lot.
Yet you want to paint this as something else.
:dunno:

Just because you didn’t see it it doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. I’ve seen people set upon, outnumbered, simply because of their race. That was the sole reason for the attack.
You live in denial if you think that’s never happened.

Your agenda of brushing racist attacks under the carpet is quite weird.

As is your use of lilac print. :ooer:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:03 am

It was meant to be pink.
It’s intriguing though why you are so keen to say it wasn’t a racist attack.
What do you know that the evidence doesn’t?
Lady Murasaki

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs