Ten Dead in Toronto Van Attack - Usual MO

Re: Ten Dead in Toronto Van Attack - Usual MO

Postby Trapper John » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:21 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
Maddog wrote:The problem here is high capacity vehicles with fully semi automatic transmissions. Ban these vehicles of destruction and make everyone drive Vespas.

What's a fully semi automatic transmission when it's at home? :dunno:

A clutchless stick shift I think.

Yeah I thought that or maybe he just forgot to put a / between the words because fully automatic and semi automatic are completely different, I'm sure that would be the case over there as well. :dunno:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Stooo » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:38 pm

Cannydc wrote:
Trapper John wrote:A van driver mounted a kerb and hit pedestrians in Toronto, Canada, on Monday, leaving 10 people dead and 15 others injured.

Witnesses described seeing the vehicle swerve to deliberately hit pedestrians, leaving a pushchair "split in half" and hitting people sitting on a bench.

A man was later arrested after a tense stand-off with armed police. He was named by police as Alek Minassian, a 25-year-old student.

The Telegraph

Usual MO ?

Speculation surfaced Monday night around a Facebook post associated with the same name and the same photo as the one that appears on Minassian's LinkedIn profile.

The post referred to the "Supreme Gentleman Elliot Rodger." Rodger was the 22-year-old California man responsible for a deadly rampage in Isla Vista, Calif., that left six people dead and a dozen more injured.

In a video posted ahead of that 2014 attack, Rodger raged about a number of women turning down his advances, rendering men like him "incels," a term used by some groups to mean "involuntarily celibate."

Not sure that being spurned by women, and therefore involuntarily celibate, would be the 'usual MO' for mass murder.

4chan needs to shut.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Maddog » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:17 pm

Trapper John wrote:
Maddog wrote:The problem here is high capacity vehicles with fully semi automatic transmissions. Ban these vehicles of destruction and make everyone drive Vespas.

I bring this up because CNN had a rather interesting segment in which a former member of the military and the network’s military analyst, Lt. Gen. Mark Hertling, wanted to show what “full semi-automatic” fire looks like from an AR-15. It wasn’t that more rounds were fired per trigger pull; he just pulled the trigger faster. That’s not the same as an automatic weapon. The Washington Free Beacon’s Stephen Gutowski noted the odd phrasing, adding that it’s sort of hard to show examples of semiautomatic and automatic firing systems when only an AR-15 is used. A M-4 Carbine, which can fire multiple rounds per trigger pull, was seen but never fired.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa ... e-n2454766

I probably should have explained it. The comment "full semi auto" has made the rounds over here. You can't have both, and you would thing a freaking General would know that. He must have been in charge of the kitchens. :ooer:
Maddog

Postby Trapper John » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:35 am

Maddog wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

I bring this up because CNN had a rather interesting segment in which a former member of the military and the network’s military analyst, Lt. Gen. Mark Hertling, wanted to show what “full semi-automatic” fire looks like from an AR-15. It wasn’t that more rounds were fired per trigger pull; he just pulled the trigger faster. That’s not the same as an automatic weapon. The Washington Free Beacon’s Stephen Gutowski noted the odd phrasing, adding that it’s sort of hard to show examples of semiautomatic and automatic firing systems when only an AR-15 is used. A M-4 Carbine, which can fire multiple rounds per trigger pull, was seen but never fired.

I probably should have explained it. The comment "full semi auto" has made the rounds over here. You can't have both, and you would thing a freaking General would know that. He must have been in charge of the kitchens. :ooer:

Gotcha, we limey's were never in the loop. :thumbsup:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Guest » Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:06 pm

Yes the guy was an alt-right fruit loop

Postby Stooo » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:09 pm

Maddog wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

480 RPM?

Stooo
Site Admin

Previous

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs