This is the impact of universal credit

This is the impact of universal credit

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:12 pm

Tom Rayner, Political Correspondent

The number of people on universal credit is set to double this year.

By the time roll-out of the new system is complete in 2022, more than seven million people, both in and out of work, are expected to be registered.

Ministers say the Government's flagship welfare policy is resulting in people getting into work more quickly and staying in work for longer.

But employment is not the only way to measure the impact of universal credit (UC).

Sky News has been given exclusive access to data from the National Housing Federation (NHF), the body which represents housing associations across the country.

It shows rent arrears are becoming a major problem in areas where UC has been rolled out.

https://news.sky.com/story/what-impact- ... g-11343838

:grrrrr: .....Will we see more civil unrest like the poll tax riots? :dunno:

Re: This is the impact of universal credit

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:27 pm

:shake head: Shameful.

Kick the Tories out!

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:56 pm

Ryan was featured along with a local councillor this week in a Sky news report (link below) highlighting a massive issue in our area. He is 19 years old and homeless. He cant get benefits as he doesnt have any ID, he cant get ID because he is homeless. I want to see if we can raise enough money for him to get his passport and maybe a deposit on a flat. If he is interested in moving, I can offer him a job with me once he has all the nessessary paperwork. Ryan is seemingly a nice lad that had hit hard times. He doesnt seem to be alcohol or drug dependent, Yet, and I hink we have an opportunity to save him before he is lost in the system. Please give what yo can for this worthwhile cause.

Infinity initiatives are a local charity in tameside that are dealing with Ryans case and they will make sure he gets whatever help he needs. I am in contact with Charlotte Hughes, who was seen on the news article and I have agreed that i will make sure that any funds raised go to the relevant people that can help Ryan. The money will not go to him directly...

news article about Ryan

Join our facebook group for updates The Tameside Hangout

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/helpryannow

Postby Trapper John » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:50 pm

Why is it we never had these problems or the size of the problems they are now, 20-30 years ago? - why has the welfare system seemingly fallen so far into collapse that the Tory party of now says it has the need to cut welfare payments to the bone?

We didn't appear to have the scale to which it's running at now under either Tory or Labour governments of the past, or did we and it's only now social media and the internet making it more obvious?
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:02 pm

Guest wrote:

Kick the Tories out!

You lost. Your polling is going down

:cuppaT:

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:14 pm

Trapper John wrote:Why is it we never had these problems or the size of the problems they are now, 20-30 years ago? - why has the welfare system seemingly fallen so far into collapse that the Tory party of now says it has the need to cut welfare payments to the bone?

We didn't appear to have the scale to which it's running at now under either Tory or Labour governments of the past, or did we and it's only now social media and the internet making it more obvious?

Population growth. Social media hyperbole.

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:26 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Kick the Tories out!

You lost. Your polling is going down

:cuppaT:

No evidence of that.

The only poll that matters is election day.

:dafinger:

Postby Cannydc » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:55 pm

May 5th.

Let's see what a large proportion of the British voting public think.

I have a feeling that one or two 'guests' will be writing excuses for the Really Nasty Tory Party even now.
Cannydc

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:01 pm

Trapper John wrote:Why is it we never had these problems or the size of the problems they are now, 20-30 years ago? - why has the welfare system seemingly fallen so far into collapse that the Tory party of now says it has the need to cut welfare payments to the bone?

The looting of the nations (peoples) assets by the Tory government with their austerity politics which there is no need of.
Under thatcher homelessness rocketed too.
This lot are stripping everything to the bone so more money can go to those at the top of the pile.
Under Thatcher there were no school books reduced spending on infrastructure meaning it was raining in through the roofs of hospitals and schools police numbers slashed.
Tony Blair's lot had to rescue the nation from that and start rebuilding and restaffing and love him or loathe him his government did a damn good job.
Some gold had to be flogged off to help out which in my book was a good idea.
It was just a pile of metal sitting there doing nothing.
Turning it into cash was a good idea.
This austerity bollox means the U.K has had its credit rating cut and it's debt has rocketed beyond anything we have ever seen.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:02 pm

Cannydc wrote:May 5th.

I have a feeling that one or two 'guests' will be writing excuses for the Really Nasty Tory Party even now.

The constant attacks on Corbyn will have some effect which is the idea.
It needs countering.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Guest » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:30 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:

The looting of the nations (peoples) assets by the Tory government with their austerity politics which there is no need of.
Under thatcher homelessness rocketed too.
This lot are stripping everything to the bone so more money can go to those at the top of the pile.
Under Thatcher there were no school books reduced spending on infrastructure meaning it was raining in through the roofs of hospitals and schools police numbers slashed.
Tony Blair's lot had to rescue the nation from that and start rebuilding and restaffing and love him or loathe him his government did a damn good job.
Some gold had to be flogged off to help out which in my book was a good idea.
It was just a pile of metal sitting there doing nothing.
Turning it into cash was a good idea.
This austerity bollox means the U.K has had its credit rating cut and it's debt has rocketed beyond anything we have ever seen.

but the interest rate is low, fucking off the thousands of blue rinse brigade

Postby Jay Jay » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:17 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Cannydc wrote:May 5th.

The constant attacks on Corbyn will have some effect which is the idea.
It needs countering.

My guess is the BBC will largely ignore the London results next weekend. :shake head:
Jay Jay

Postby Raggamuffin » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:35 pm

If people are spending their rent on other things, that's their own fault. I can't see anyone rioting over this issue - only those being evicted will care.
Raggamuffin

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:39 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:If people are spending their rent on other things, that's their own fault. I can't see anyone rioting over this issue - only those being evicted will care.

People like you that don't have any empathy for others you mean, that isn't everyone you know. :shake head:

Postby Jay Jay » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:40 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:If people are spending their rent on other things, that's their own fault. I can't see anyone rioting over this issue - only those being evicted will care.

People are being evicted because absolutely no money is being given to them.
In some cases no payments for 4 months.
Why do you think foodbank usage has risen in line with UC being rolled out across the UK?
On 15 episodes of Can't Pay etc the main reason for evictions was UC not sorting out their welfare.
If the welfare isn't signed off then councils cannot deal with the HB claim until such time.
Your flippant comment bares no relationship to reality. :off head:
Do you read the Mail perchance? :shake head:
Jay Jay

Next

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs