What have the Tories achieved

Re: What have the Tories achieved

Postby Guest » Tue May 22, 2018 1:55 pm

And ALL of the rest of the Tory supporting scum!

Postby McAz » Tue May 22, 2018 2:07 pm

MungoBrush wrote:
Claire wrote:
Gigabit wrote:
McAz wrote:
Gigabit wrote:Perhaps rather than the war on drugs, which has completely failed, we try and help people out of their drug addiction. Very few people refuse to be helped, in most cases it is because they won't be helped. The Tories' attitude to drugs is drugs = criminal, it isn't a mental health issue at all. Oh no.

Drugs are big business - the Tories profit from big business.

Their drug policies are just bizarre though. We'd bring in literally £billions from taxing cannabis as an example, we'd decrease prison numbers significantly and we could help those with issues rather than punishing them.

The Tories are just purely ideological on this issue, it just makes no sense at all.

You should move to Scotland. Our Government are considering legalising cannabis as it has been proven to help people medically.

According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, 30% of marijuana users develop an addiction.

By contrast, just over 1% of alcohol drinkers in the UK become alcoholics
The Scottish government has taken steps recently to reduce alcoholism by increasing the minimum price of alcoholic drinks to 50p/unit
They say that it is to combat "chronic alcohol abuse"

So why would they want to legalise another drug that is even more addictive than alcohol, while they are trying to deal with the addiction problem that already exists?

More misrepresentations of the truth Mungo - what National Institute on Drug Abuse said this?
McAz

Postby MungoBrush » Tue May 22, 2018 2:30 pm

McAz wrote:More misrepresentations of the truth Mungo - what National Institute on Drug Abuse said this?

https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/ ... -addictive

Read and learn
MungoBrush

Postby McAz » Tue May 22, 2018 2:32 pm

MungoBrush wrote:
McAz wrote:More misrepresentations of the truth Mungo - what National Institute on Drug Abuse said this?

Read and learn

I did before you made your miseading post. This American institute doesn't say what you said - why do you lie to make your case?
McAz

Postby MungoBrush » Tue May 22, 2018 2:39 pm

McAz wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:

Read and learn

I did before you made your miseading post. This American institute doesn't say what you said - why do you lie to make your case?

"Marijuana use can lead to the development of problem use, known as a marijuana use disorder, which takes the form of addiction in severe cases. Recent data suggest that 30 percent of those who use marijuana may have some degree of marijuana use disorder.18"

Read and Learn
MungoBrush

Postby McAz » Tue May 22, 2018 2:46 pm

MungoBrush wrote:
McAz wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:

Read and learn

I did before you made your misleading post. This American institute doesn't say what you said - why do you lie to make your case?

"Marijuana use can lead to the development of problem use, known as a marijuana use disorder, which takes the form of addiction in severe cases. Recent data suggest that 30 percent of those who use marijuana may have some degree of marijuana use disorder.18"

Read and Learn

Nowhere does it say what you said:

MungoBrush wrote:According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, 30% of marijuana users develop an addiction.

Why do you lie, Mungo?
And why (by omission) did you give the impression the source of your lie was a UK official body?
Last edited by McAz on Tue May 22, 2018 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
McAz

Postby MungoBrush » Tue May 22, 2018 2:54 pm

McAz wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:
McAz wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:

Read and learn

I did before you made your misleading post. This American institute doesn't say what you said - why do you lie to make your case?

Read and Learn

MungoBrush wrote:According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, 30% of marijuana users develop an addiction.[/b]

Why do you lie, Mungo?
And why (by omission) did you give the impression the source of your lie was an UK official body?

There are many published studies discussing marijuana addiction
But obviously you are not interested in reading and learning
So I wont bother any more
You have a closed mind unfortunately.
MungoBrush

Postby McAz » Tue May 22, 2018 2:58 pm

MungoBrush wrote:There are many published studies discussing marijuana addiction
But obviously you are not interested in reading and learning
So I wont bother any more]
You have a closed mind unfortunately.

Undoubtedly - but yet you chose to lie, Mungo...

MungoBrush wrote:According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, 30% of marijuana users develop an addiction.

...the question now is why do you lie, Mungo, if you are sincere in your desire to debate?
McAz

Postby Guest » Tue May 22, 2018 4:23 pm

McAz wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:
McAz wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:

Read and learn

Read and Learn

Why do you lie, Mungo?
And why (by omission) did you give the impression the source of your lie was a UK official body?

It's in the blood of Tories to lie, lie and after they have lied to lie again. I mean their favourite lyric is

Who said I lied?
because I never....

Postby McAz » Tue May 22, 2018 4:39 pm

Guest wrote:It's in the blood of Tories to lie, lie and after they have lied to lie again. I mean their favourite lyric is

Who said I lied?
because I never....

I doubt many of them are bright enough to appreciate The Smiths. :gigglesnshit:
McAz

Postby Gigabit » Tue May 22, 2018 9:35 pm

Tories lie because their record is indefensible. I was thinking on my late train this morning, what have the Tories done since 2010. I honestly cannot tell you a single change they've made that has been positive. I know the Tories will say "they kept Labour out" but they have done little to change the country in any meaningful way.

The country was transformed between 1997 and 2010, you can point to things like the drop in homelessness, improvements to the NHS, gay rights, Underground being kept publicly owned and becoming the most punctual train service, massive investments in schools. The only thing Labour didn't solve was the housing crisis. I maintain to this day had Iraq not happened, Blair or his successor would have had a massive majority in 2010 and we'd all be sitting here happy.

Similar, Thatcher transformed Britain. I think for the worse but she left the country in a completely different state to when she arrived.

Attlee Government. Again completely different.

What is different in the UK compared to 2010. I cannot think of anything!
Gigabit

Postby Guest » Tue May 22, 2018 9:49 pm

Gigabit wrote:Tories lie because their record is indefensible. I was thinking on my late train this morning, what have the Tories done since 2010. I honestly cannot tell you a single change they've made that has been positive. I know the Tories will say "they kept Labour out" but they have done little to change the country in any meaningful way.

The country was transformed between 1997 and 2010, you can point to things like the drop in homelessness, improvements to the NHS, gay rights, Underground being kept publicly owned and becoming the most punctual train service, massive investments in schools. The only thing Labour didn't solve was the housing crisis. I maintain to this day had Iraq not happened, Blair or his successor would have had a massive majority in 2010 and we'd all be sitting here happy.

Similar, Thatcher transformed Britain. I think for the worse but she left the country in a completely different state to when she arrived.

Well if you are telling the truth you were only 12 or 13 in 2010 so your recollections are based on teenage years when I highly doubt you had a fucking clue having said that you dont now.

Postby Cannydc » Wed May 23, 2018 10:05 am

Gigabit wrote:Tories lie because their record is indefensible. I was thinking on my late train this morning, what have the Tories done since 2010. I honestly cannot tell you a single change they've made that has been positive. I know the Tories will say "they kept Labour out" but they have done little to change the country in any meaningful way.

Truly, I can only see negative change since 2010.

We are undoubtedly less happy, less content and less secure.

We have become more xenophobic, less trusting, and it seems that the older Brits get, the less socially caring they become.

We have become cynical of those in power, and worse, of our professions.

We are poorer as a nation in both monetary and spiritual terms.

It's almost like we are hoping for another nice war to bring the nation together.
Cannydc

Postby MungoBrush » Wed May 23, 2018 11:22 am

Cannydc wrote:Truly, I can only see negative change since 2010.

Yes, the biggest crash in 70 years can tend to do that.
MungoBrush

Postby Cannydc » Wed May 23, 2018 12:15 pm

MungoBrush wrote:
Cannydc wrote:Truly, I can only see negative change since 2010.

Yes, the biggest crash in 70 years can tend to do that.

That's true.

And I welcome Treeza's commitment to rooting out and prosecuting the irresponsible bankers who caused it.

Oh, wait........
Cannydc

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs