What have the Tories achieved

Re: What have the Tories achieved

Postby MungoBrush » Mon May 14, 2018 4:26 pm

Guest wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:
Gigabit wrote:13 pages and not a single Tory achievement besides "they're not Labour". My standards were low and I have to say, they have been met.

So what about this that I posted right at the beginning of the thread?

Lowest unemployment for 42 years
Record low interest rates
GDP growth out performing EU for past 7 years
Government borrowings reduced to pre-crash levels

Food banks up 700%
Record numbers of economically inactive
GDP way below the EU
Government debt more than doubled.
Low interest rates hammer traditional Tory savers.
NHS in crisis
Prisons in crisis
Windrush scandal
Brexshsit fiasco
Weak and wobbly leadership :cheers:

You’re in the wrong thread
Gigabit wanted to know about the achievements of this government
MungoBrush

Postby MungoBrush » Mon May 14, 2018 4:28 pm

Cannydc wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:
Gigabit wrote:13 pages and not a single Tory achievement besides "they're not Labour". My standards were low and I have to say, they have been met.

1.4 million of those in "employment" are in zero-hours contracts. Anyone really proud of that ?

Forced by poor production, poor consumer confidence and miniscule 0.1% growth. Anyone proud of that ?

That's simply a lie. EU growth has out-performed that of the UK for years. Anyone proud of that ?

This government has failed to reach every single borrowing target since it took power in 2010, 8 years ago. Anyone proud of that ?

Seems Tories who consistently ignore facts in favour of dogma are. The rest of us understand the realities of 8 years of pointless austerity.[/quote]

Actually you are wrong
I’ve posted facts
You don’t like them so you’ve tried to rubbish them
But they are still facts
MungoBrush

Postby Cannydc » Mon May 14, 2018 5:06 pm

MungoBrush wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:

1.4 million of those in "employment" are in zero-hours contracts. Anyone really proud of that ?

Forced by poor production, poor consumer confidence and miniscule 0.1% growth. Anyone proud of that ?

That's simply a lie. EU growth has out-performed that of the UK for years. Anyone proud of that ?

This government has failed to reach every single borrowing target since it took power in 2010, 8 years ago. Anyone proud of that ?

Seems Tories who consistently ignore facts in favour of dogma are. The rest of us understand the realities of 8 years of pointless austerity.

Actually you are wrong
I’ve posted facts
You don’t like them so you’ve tried to rubbish them
But they are still facts[/quote]

Facts are not achievements.

Are you proud of your facts, bearing in mind that at least one is an outright lie and can be demonstrated as such ?
Cannydc

Postby Guest » Tue May 15, 2018 10:19 pm

And some still dig their shite and use to back up their arguments on forums :shame: :gigglesnshit:

Postby Cannydc » Wed May 16, 2018 12:05 pm

Finally, a Tory achievement I am happy to praise....

Rail services on East Coast Main Line are being brought back under UK government control, operator Stagecoach Group says.

Stagecoach, which runs the franchise with Virgin Trains, said it has been advised that an "operator of last resort" would be appointed to the London to Edinburgh service.

Transport Secretary, Chris Grayling is expected to make a statement to parliament today.

Stage 1 of a very long walk back to proper state ownership of our utilities.

And a gift to Labour. Corbyn will be delighted, the Tories mortified.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44142258
Cannydc

Postby MungoBrush » Wed May 16, 2018 2:19 pm

Cannydc wrote:Finally, a Tory achievement I am happy to praise....

Rail services on East Coast Main Line are being brought back under UK government control, operator Stagecoach Group says.

Stagecoach, which runs the franchise with Virgin Trains, said it has been advised that an "operator of last resort" would be appointed to the London to Edinburgh service.

Transport Secretary, Chris Grayling is expected to make a statement to parliament today.

Dont worry,
It's just a temporary measure until a new operation is appointed.
"Transport Secretary Chris Grayling told Parliament that temporary state ownership would provide the smoothest transition to a new operator."

Just imagine if it had been in public ownership. All those losses would have had to have been paid for by taxpayers

"Mr Grayling told parliament that Stagecoach and Virgin have lost almost £200m, but that there had not been a loss to taxpayers"
MungoBrush

Postby Guest » Wed May 16, 2018 4:55 pm

Postby Guest » Wed May 16, 2018 5:08 pm

:yikes: #ToryScum :shoot:

Postby Guest » Wed May 16, 2018 5:34 pm

MungoBrush wrote:

Dont worry,
"Transport Secretary Chris Grayling told Parliament that temporary state ownership would provide the smoothest transition to a new operator."

Just imagine if it had been in public ownership. All those losses would have had to have been paid for by taxpayers

"Mr Grayling told parliament that Stagecoach and Virgin have lost almost £200m, but that there had not been a loss to taxpayers"

WRONG!

Just been announced on the news that the contract won't be put out to tender again! :canny:

Postby MungoBrush » Wed May 16, 2018 6:12 pm

Guest wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:

Dont worry,

WRONG!

Just been announced on the news that the contract won't be put out to tender again! :canny:

That's not what it says on the BBC News site:

"In 2020 there will be another tender process for operating the franchise."
MungoBrush

Postby Guest » Wed May 16, 2018 6:38 pm

Postby Guest » Wed May 16, 2018 6:48 pm

:gigglesnshit:

Postby Cannydc » Wed May 16, 2018 7:16 pm

MungoBrush wrote:

Dont worry,

Grayling said: “The route continues to generate substantial returns for the government."

And would continue to do so if under state ownership - so instead of paying vast subsidies to the likes of Virgin, why give it to them to start with ?

It's Tory dogma. No more, no less....
Cannydc

Postby McAz » Wed May 16, 2018 7:23 pm

Guest wrote:Image

Can't even get that right! :roll:
McAz

Postby MungoBrush » Wed May 16, 2018 7:36 pm

Cannydc wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:

Dont worry,

Grayling said: “The route continues to generate substantial returns for the government."

And would continue to do so if under state ownership - so instead of paying vast subsidies to the likes of Virgin, why give it to them to start with ?

It's Tory dogma. No more, no less....

That's because Stagecoach/Virgin paid the government £3.3 billion to operate the service.
Not tory dogma
Just good business practice
And a good deal for the taxpayers.
MungoBrush

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs