What have the Tories achieved

Re: What have the Tories achieved

Postby MungoBrush » Fri May 18, 2018 7:53 am

Guest wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:When did they pay this £3.3 Billion? On what date? You must know as you have stated it as fact.

Silence is Golden

I suggest that you take this up with the BBC as I was quoting from their news site
You will need to present them with the correct information, because they have obviously got it wrong

Let us know how you get on.

You just blindly repeat untruths then without doing any fact checking. Do you vote Conservative as well?

I do quote the BBC without checking, as I assume that they have already done the work
But, maybe you could provide them withthe correct figures
MungoBrush

Postby Guest » Fri May 18, 2018 8:34 am

MungoBrush wrote:
Guest wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:When did they pay this £3.3 Billion? On what date? You must know as you have stated it as fact.

Silence is Golden

I suggest that you take this up with the BBC as I was quoting from their news site
You will need to present them with the correct information, because they have obviously got it wrong

You just blindly repeat untruths then without doing any fact checking. Do you vote Conservative as well?

I do quote the BBC without checking, as I assume that they have already done the work

How stupid of you to blindly believe the BBC. :pointlaugh:

Postby MungoBrush » Fri May 18, 2018 12:01 pm

Guest wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:
Guest wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:I suggest that you take this up with the BBC as I was quoting from their news site

Have you let them know that they are wrong?
Have you let them know the correct financials?
Let us know what they said in response.
MungoBrush

Postby Cannydc » Fri May 18, 2018 12:43 pm

MungoBrush wrote:
Guest wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:
Guest wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:I suggest that you take this up with the BBC as I was quoting from their news site

Have you let them know that they are wrong?

Send them some of your amazingly inept links.

They would like that.

https://www.realclearmarkets.com/articl ... 02014.html

http://www.totalbankruptcy.com/filing-b ... uptcy.html

https://bizfluent.com/about-7512012-hap ... uptcy.html

https://www.futuristspeaker.com/busines ... -bankrupt/
Cannydc

Postby MungoBrush » Fri May 18, 2018 1:36 pm

Cannydc wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:Have you let them know that they are wrong?

They would like that.

I don't know what happened to my links, but I have re-posted them in the other thread.
If you read them you might learn something.
MungoBrush

Postby Cannydc » Fri May 18, 2018 1:57 pm

MungoBrush wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:Have you let them know that they are wrong?

They would like that.

I don't know what happened to my links, but I have re-posted them in the other thread.
If you read them you might learn something.

I read them - and posted the results.

Let's just say that they were underwhelming....

Facts are facts though.

The UK hasn't been bankrupt within anyone's living memory, or well before.

The UK won't, and can't go bankrupt while able to print it's own money and offer government backed bonds to borrow on the world markets.

Those are simple irrefutable facts.

Your 'links' were never going to change that.
Cannydc

Postby Guest » Fri May 18, 2018 2:49 pm

Postby Guest » Fri May 18, 2018 10:42 pm

Postby Cannydc » Sat May 19, 2018 2:01 am

"A young pupil was stealing from classmates’ lunchboxes to feed her baby sister. The girl, her parents and her eight siblings had no access to benefits and were living in squalid accommodation and struggling to get to food bankS"

“Mum, dad and the two little children were all sleeping on a mattress they’d found. The family had been evicted and the children had very little to eat.”

" The Red Box Project delivers free sanitary products to schools and colleges across the UK, and reports new schools and groups signing up each month."

“In the past we’ve had a headteacher get in touch after becoming concerned about a pupil’s situation at home after a parental bereavement”

"Gemma Morton, the headteacher of a large secondary school, said her school had helped to pay for the funeral of a student whose family couldn’t afford it, even after they had sold their car."

"At Gill Williams’s primary school in the north-west of England, local supermarkets deliver bread and fresh vegetables three times a week, which are placed in the playground for parents to help themselves. "

“You notice kids borrowing money from friends to buy food, kids falling asleep, kids saying they’ve got a tummy ache, and they didn’t have breakfast because Mummy didn’t have anything in”

"Georgia Easton, a secondary teacher, always carries a few pounds in her pocket for children who have “forgotten” their dinner money. “It’s heartbreaking,” she says. “Kids saying ‘I had one slice of toast for tea.’”

"Williams asked her leadership team to compile a list of the school’s recent expenditure on personal items for students and their families. It included school shoes, bus passes, uniform when the pupil welfare department said a child didn’t meet their criteria; a pregnancy test for a mother who arrived at school in turmoil; an entire food shop after a home visit when it was apparent there was nothing to eat in the house; a mattress for a child sleeping on a sofa; and a bedroom carpet when social services said bare floorboards were acceptable."

“There was mum with two teenage boys who’d been made homeless and put into one room,” says Easton. “I took them to Asda and got new shirts, trousers and shoes. It came out of staff pockets because much as school wanted to pay, it couldn’t.”

Kay, who often provides sanitary items, says: “I’ve known students who wouldn’t come to school if they were on [their period].”

Does anyone want to live in a country where a woman, supposedly the caring, nurturing gender, as PM sanctions tax cuts for the well off while turning a blind eye to the struggling car crash at the bottom of society's pile ?
Cannydc

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sat May 19, 2018 2:42 am

This is seriously alarming and distressing stuff.
It's never just an isolated case.
There are endless stories of deprivation that we have all read about in the days of Charles Dickens only these stories are worse.
Worse because they are happening in a high tech modern world of plenty.
Plenty of plenty but it's all being cornered by those who have an excess already of plenty.
The 21st century was the future to me born half way through the the 20th century.
How the hell could it go so wrong so greedy so corrupt?
This isn't really about left and right in politics it's about human values.
We have achieved so much technologically but at the same time greed .... individual greed and status not just just of corporations and politicians and bankers but you .... me and you .... people .... has gone completely shit shaped.
A massively fucking ignorant and couldn't give a shit population allows this to happen.
Yes it's the peoples fault.
We live in one of the richest corners of the planet but so many are so judgemental or so fucking ignorant or so fuckig selfish that we are now producing a fucking crueler world than ever.
Yet people can't see that supporting a Tory government will just add more and more fucking human misery.
How can it not?
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Cannydc » Sat May 19, 2018 2:57 am

I guess it makes you as angry as it makes me.

I'm lucky enough not to live in a deprived area, but I've seen people sleeping in doorways in places like Bristol. Walked past wishing I could help properly.

I simply couldn't bear to see kids going hungry, or without shoes or proper clothes. It would break my heart.

Sometimes the casual acceptance of such conditions here in the green and pleasant UK is beyond my comprehension.
Cannydc

Postby Gigabit » Sat May 19, 2018 11:51 am

Cannydc wrote:I guess it makes you as angry as it makes me.

I'm lucky enough not to live in a deprived area, but I've seen people sleeping in doorways in places like Bristol. Walked past wishing I could help properly.

I simply couldn't bear to see kids going hungry, or without shoes or proper clothes. It would break my heart.

Sometimes the casual acceptance of such conditions here in the green and pleasant UK is beyond my comprehension.

Yeah but when you say things like this, the Tories will reply "well why don't you help them then". JRM's view and that of many Tories is that this is why charities exist, they don't seem to get that a society shouldn't have homeless people, or people starving. We shouldn't need charity for people to live, in the year 2018 ffs.
Gigabit

Postby MungoBrush » Sat May 19, 2018 12:04 pm

And there are rough sleepers in the city where I live as well
And there is a home for homeless people only a few metres from my home.
And I have stood behind 2 of them at an ATM while one said to the other “good, my benefits are in” and withdrew the whole £200 saying “it will be a good night tonight”
And I have seen those same 2 people in the park just opposite smoking crack cocaine just a few hours later

Some people refused to be helped.
MungoBrush

Postby McAz » Sat May 19, 2018 12:10 pm

Rough sleepers were a rare site when I was a kid - well done you Tories, how proud you must feel.
McAz

Postby Cannydc » Sat May 19, 2018 12:17 pm

MungoBrush wrote:

And there are rough sleepers in the city where I live as well
And there is a home for homeless people only a few metres from my home.
And I have stood behind 2 of them at an ATM while one said to the other “good, my benefits are in” and withdrew the whole £200 saying “it will be a good night tonight”
And I have seen those same 2 people in the park just opposite smoking crack cocaine just a few hours later

Some people refused to be helped.

That's nice.

£200 benefits for a single, homeless male. A couple of quotes from single homeless men for you to dwell on...

“I’ve got nothing. I can’t claim benefits, because I’ve no address…You used to be able to sign on and they would give you so much money every day. Not any more. That’s all gone. Doesn’t exist anymore, that. Doesn’t exist.” Paul, 56, Deansgate, Thursday evening.

“You can’t claim dole, because you need a letterbox to get ID, but you need ID to get a letterbox…So all is as left is to beg, yeah…[I’ve been doing this for] five years…At the beginning, I had bags and bags of stuff. I had all me ID and that…[but] because you can’t look after it all the time, you stash it and other homeless people find it and… [shrugs].” Darren, 44, outside the Arndale Centre on Tuesday.

“I’m not going to get any benefits until you (sic) get an address.” Tom, 24, near Piccadilly station, Tuesday evening.

And accommodation ?

Paul, aged 56. Deansgate on Thursday. Carrying his bag and sleeping bag on his back.

“The council closed most of the hostels down, so there’s only a couple of hostels now. There’s a couple of places that are really, really bad. You know what I mean. Mice-infested and they want to put people in them places.

There’s a church on tonight. They do a meal – give you food, a meal, things like that. You can have a shower there. You can see a doctor if you need to. That’s pretty good, but that they only do that once a week on a Thursday. There’s only a couple of places for people to get emergency accommodation. Simple as that."

I suspect your view of homelessness may not be quite in sync with the real world. A bit like your government. Oh, and JSA is just £73 a week.....

https://www.katebelgrave.com/2016/09/i- ... g-on-here/
Cannydc

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs