The Conservative Party Is Still Ignoring Its Islamophobia

The Conservative Party Is Still Ignoring Its Islamophobia

Postby Guest » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:55 pm

The Muslim Council of Britain has reiterated its call for an inquiry into Islamophobia in the Conservative Party.

A week after VICE exposed a Tory council candidate Darren Harrison who showed support for far-right racist group Generation Identity, he remains suspended, pending the results of an investigation by the party.

Other councillors and council candidates spending time in the purgatorial “suspended, pending investigation” category include Mike Payne, councillor for Sowerby Bridge was suspended on the 4th of April pending investigation after sharing an article which referred to Muslims as "parasites". There's also Hackney council candidate Alexander van Terheyden, who was suspended on 17th April pending "urgent investigation" for his opinions including that the Crusades were “simply a response to Islam spreading through Europe by the sword”. Terheyden claims he is not anti-Muslim, only anti-Islam.

https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/7xdy ... ia-problem

:wurms: Will cost them dear if they don't get to grips with this, what with all types of racism and homophobia rampant in their ranks.

Re: The Conservative Party Is Still Ignoring Its Islamophobia

Postby Gigabit » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:07 pm

When will we have an investigation into anti-Semitism?
Gigabit

Postby Cannydc » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:43 pm

Gigabit wrote:When will we have an investigation into anti-Semitism?

The same time we see an investigation into their other 'nasty party' traits.

Only after they lose badly in a general election, and begin the soul searching as to why.

Anything which might endanger their inherent right to rule is unthinkable. They are Tories.
Cannydc

Postby Cannydc » Wed May 02, 2018 6:42 am

A Tory council candidate has been suspended just days before local elections after posting a picture of bacon hanging on a door handle as a way to 'protect your house from terrorism'.

David Boston suggested it was a way to 'stay safe lads' but was condemned for Islamophobia after sharing the post on Facebook.

Mr Boston, the candidate for Enfield Council's Turkey Street ward, also shared on Facebook a 'twisted misfits' post which said: 'I envy guys for gettin to say ''suck my d***'' as sort of a ''f*** you.'' If I shouted ''lick my v*****'' I'd have like 47 tongues in my pants.'

The posts were all originally made by other people and deliberately shared by the candidate into his feed.

Cannydc

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed May 02, 2018 12:25 pm

EIGHTEEN Tory Councillors and Candidates were suspended for racism and abuse last month alone

In preparation for the local elections tomorrow, the mainstream media have spent the last few weeks doing their level best to make it appear as if racism and abuse is a thing perpetrated solely by members of the Labour Party and their supporters.
However, despite the wall-to-wall coverage from the likes of the BBC of Labour’s struggles with anti-Semitism, the right-wing press has been extremely reluctant to report the sheer scale of racism and abuse emerging from the Conservative Party.

Furthermore, despite the astonishing scale of racism emanating from members of the Tory Party, and the subsequent demands of the biggest mainstream Islamic organisation in the country for an investigation into it, the BBC and the right-wing media have, for whatever reason, completely failed to bother reporting the story.
More >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> https://evolvepolitics.com/eigtheen-tor ... nth-alone/
Rolluplostinspace

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs