Private police forces in Britain.

Private police forces in Britain.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Tue May 08, 2018 11:07 am

For the wealthy police cuts for the rest of us.
Rolluplostinspace

Re: Private police forces in Britain.

Postby Si_Crewe » Tue May 08, 2018 11:21 am

Such are the benefits of directly paying somebody to do the things you want them to do rather than relying on politicians to decide what the police should spend their time doing.
Si_Crewe

Postby Cannydc » Tue May 08, 2018 11:34 am

This has echoes of the NHS under the Tories.

Private companies cherry picking the profitable work, while the national 'company' gets to keep the bits that cost big money...
Cannydc

Postby Si_Crewe » Tue May 08, 2018 11:42 am

Cannydc wrote:This has echoes of the NHS under the Tories.

Private companies cherry picking the profitable work, while the national 'company' gets to keep the bits that cost big money...

I can't really see how that might be the case.

These rent-a-bobbies get a fixed wage regardless of whether they're being hired to prevent vandalism or investigate a multi-million pound lawsuit.
Si_Crewe

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Tue May 08, 2018 12:15 pm

Si_Crewe wrote:

These rent-a-bobbies get a fixed wage regardless of whether they're being hired to prevent vandalism or investigate a multi-million pound lawsuit.

That's another thing privately owned coppers looking into financial scandals would be open to even more abuse than exists already.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Si_Crewe » Tue May 08, 2018 12:23 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:That's another thing privately owned coppers looking into financial scandals would be open to even more abuse than exists already.

Evidence can only be found if it exists.
It certainly means that a person who has the money to spend is more likely to gain justice than a person who relies on the regular police to prove their case but, hey, we live in a world where every public service has a imited budget. :dunno:

If, OTOH, people start to hire them for dubious purposes, it won't be long before they lose all credibility.
Si_Crewe

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Tue May 08, 2018 12:24 pm

Si_Crewe wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:That's another thing privately owned coppers looking into financial scandals would be open to even more abuse than exists already.

Are you for real?
Evidence is fucking manufactured.
Fingerprints are moved.
With DNA it's even easier.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Tue May 08, 2018 12:25 pm

Si_Crewe wrote:

It certainly means that a person who has the money to spend is more likely to gain justice than a person who relies on the regular police to prove their case but, hey, we live in a world where every public service has a imited budget. :dunno:

If, OTOH, people start to hire them for dubious purposes, it won't be long before they lose all credibility.

They've lost all credibility with me before they even get started.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Cannydc » Tue May 08, 2018 1:17 pm

Si_Crewe wrote:

Where there's a will, there's a way.

My suspicions may be proved wrong, but where there's money, there's someone wanting their cut.
Cannydc

Postby Si_Crewe » Tue May 08, 2018 2:10 pm

Cannydc wrote:Where there's a will, there's a way.

My suspicions may be proved wrong, but where there's money, there's someone wanting their cut.

I wouldn't be surprised if the blokes who started this have ideas of becoming some kind of "civilian Blackwater" but, in reality, they're probably just going to end-up being up-market "bouncers" who'll get hired to move-on vandals and pissheads.

I can see people trying to hire them for dubious reasons but if they take those jobs they're going to end up bringing the company into disrepute and lose work as a result.
Si_Crewe

Postby Maddog » Tue May 08, 2018 2:49 pm

Private police forces are much easier to reprimand than public forces. And here, you can sue them out of existence and hold them individually responsible.

Of all the stupid shootings and other poor behavior displayed by our cops, I don't recall any instances of it being a member of a private force doing it.
Maddog

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs