Freedom Of Speech

Re: Freedom Of Speech

Postby Stooo » Sun May 13, 2018 3:21 pm

calitom wrote:we all know that freedom of speech is beginning to be threatened in England.

I am not sure of the severity of it over there though so naturally I pose this question to the english on this board.

If I came over to england and said to a Muslim..."your mother wears army boots!!" could I possibly face jail time?

You'd wake up with a crowd around you. Britain does not have the same culture as the US, we're a different society and a different country; at least you wouldn't get shot for being a twat...
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Maddog » Sun May 13, 2018 4:06 pm

:cuppaT:
Attachments
20180513_110320.png
Maddog

Postby Gigabit » Sun May 13, 2018 4:08 pm

Freedom of speech according to much of the media seems to be allowed when they deem it fit.
Gigabit

Postby Maddog » Sun May 13, 2018 4:27 pm

:oops:
Attachments
FB_IMG_1526227845733.jpg
FB_IMG_1526228479602.jpg
Maddog

Postby Maddog » Sun May 13, 2018 4:37 pm

:doomed:
Attachments
20180513_113505.png
Maddog

Postby Stooo » Sun May 13, 2018 5:02 pm

Maddog wrote::doomed:

Yeah, we have lunatics as well. Thankfully we keep firearms away from the mad cunts...
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Trapper John » Sun May 13, 2018 6:17 pm

I've always had the impression that American politicians fear their public far more than British politicians do theirs.

I wonder if thats because they know having a population armed to the teeth makes them more vulnerable to a successful uprising, whereas ours only pretend to show deference to us because all we can do is poke them with sticks. :dunno:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Grafenwalder » Sun May 13, 2018 7:24 pm

Trapper John wrote:I've always had the impression that American politicians fear their public far more than British politicians do theirs.

I wonder if thats because they know having a population armed to the teeth
makes them more vulnerable to a successful uprising, whereas ours only pretend to show deference to us because all we can do is poke them with sticks. :dunno:

Guns were banned at the recent NRA convention. Can't think why. :wink:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2018/04/29/the-nra-said-guns-will-be-banned-during-a-pence-speech-parkland-students-see-hypocrisy/?utm_term=.4c7941b85a29
Grafenwalder

Postby Maddog » Sun May 13, 2018 7:36 pm

Grafenwalder wrote:
Trapper John wrote:I've always had the impression that American politicians fear their public far more than British politicians do theirs.

I wonder if thats because they know having a population armed to the teeth
makes them more vulnerable to a successful uprising, whereas ours only pretend to show deference to us because all we can do is poke them with sticks. :dunno:

Guns were banned at the recent NRA convention. Can't think why. :wink:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2018/04/29/the-nra-said-guns-will-be-banned-during-a-pence-speech-parkland-students-see-hypocrisy/?utm_term=.4c7941b85a29

They are always banned when the President or VP speak. The Secret Service does not negotiate on that.

Once the big wigs were gone, the guns were no longer banned. There were people all over the area, inside and out, very well armed. :paranoid:
Maddog

Postby Maddog » Sun May 13, 2018 7:37 pm

Stooo wrote:

Yeah, we have lunatics as well. Thankfully we keep firearms away from the mad cunts...

And make sure they don't say mean things on Facebook.
Maddog

Postby Guest » Sun May 13, 2018 7:38 pm

Maddog wrote:
Stooo wrote:

That's Right wing Conservatism for you.

Postby Maddog » Sun May 13, 2018 7:39 pm

I wonder if thats because they know having a population armed to the teeth makes them more vulnerable to a successful uprising, whereas ours only pretend to show deference to us because all we can do is poke them with sticks. :dunno:

Maybe, but I have to give the nod to your media. They don't suck up like ours, to curry favor. That's how Americans wound up on British forums. We were reading British media to get a different perspective.
Maddog

Postby Guest » Sun May 13, 2018 7:52 pm

Maddog wrote:

Maybe, but I have to give the nod to your media. They don't suck up like ours, to curry favor. That's how Americans wound up on British forums. We were reading British media to get a different perspective.

LOL of course the Tory media suck up to the Tories. Are you unable to read?

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun May 13, 2018 7:54 pm

Guest wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
Vicks wrote:Thread should be closed on the grounds it's xenophobic.

We have several nationalities on the forum and you only want the opinions of the English.

:roll:

It's not xenophobic. If he wants to know what English people in England think, it's up to him. :dunno:

FUNNY how jack and lm think it's ok to be racist and xenophobic towards Americans though isn't it.
Or is it just to the white Americans?

Typical lefties, I can't be racist I'm not a tory bolloxs, and yet their words say different.

Racist?
Everytime you have a pop at me you show how fucking stupid you are.
America is not a race it's a nationality.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Maddog » Sun May 13, 2018 7:55 pm

Guest wrote:
Maddog wrote:
Stooo wrote:

That's Right wing Conservatism for you.

It's Statism, which comes from both sides of the political equation.
Maddog

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs