Middle-aged Tories 'gammons'

Re: Middle-aged Tories 'gammons'

Postby Cannydc » Tue May 15, 2018 12:26 pm

Red Okktober wrote:
Ray of Sunshine wrote:Because the NHS has foreigners working for it that means we no longer have to treat foreigners? have you been in a hospital in the last 20 years? Or even to the GP surgery? The numbers are enormous.


Ray, there was a thread a few months back, can't remember what it was called, but it was fucking hilarious. Canny practically denied that immigrants use the NHS and that they only ever work for it.

He claimed immigrants were all 'young and healthy' and didn't go to the docs, ie never got ill, never needed to go into hospital, never needed to go to the dentists or opticians, and didn't make use of the NHS maternity facilities.

Try and find it, it's s corker!

The opticians part alone makes it worth a read - he said immigrants that needed glasses would already be wearing them when they arrived and didn't need to have eye treatment on the NHS!



Another desperate diversion.

I said that EU migrants are generally young, fit and here to work.

I at no time said that they never use the NHS, but in reality if you go to hospitals and surgeries they are full of the elderly and the very young. Not EU migrants.

The same comment applied to dentists, as I recall. You seemed to say that I was claiming that all immigrants never use UK dentists. I said no such thing, but do say that being younger and with less likelihood of decay, they are less inclined to be having dental treatment than older UK natives.

It was, as I recall, you who insinuated that I was saying that immigrants never use the NHS. A typical right wing tactic, oft used and always ridiculed. The topic at the time was talking about EU people coming here to work, not a blanket 'all immigrants' thread.
User avatar
Cannydc
 
Posts: 12189
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:59 pm

Re: Middle-aged Tories 'gammons'

Postby Si_Crewe » Tue May 15, 2018 12:46 pm

Stooo wrote:No, it's because he blew his own brains out along with the last Arab that he shot.

He can't live in a house after he killed a family in a tent.


Stuff which is usually done in the name of globalisation.
User avatar
Si_Crewe
 
Posts: 4585
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:33 am

Re: Middle-aged Tories 'gammons'

Postby Cannydc » Tue May 15, 2018 1:33 pm

Si_Crewe wrote:
Stooo wrote:No, it's because he blew his own brains out along with the last Arab that he shot.

He can't live in a house after he killed a family in a tent.


Stuff which is usually done in the name of globalisation.


Whilst that may be true, in our particular case a large proportion of our ex-service mental issues come from the Falklands, and to a lesser extent Kosovo conflicts...

"Les, who was honoured for his heroics in the 1982 Battle of Goose Green, was homeless for six months after suffering post-traumatic stress disorder ."

The 56-year-old says during his time on the streets and since, he has met hundreds of veterans, from the Falklands campaign through to more recent conflicts, including those in Iraq and Afghanistan. Many are reduced to sleeping in doorways, bus stops and parks, ­begging from passers-by.

And almost all are struggling with the devastating affects of PTSD, which often leads to other problems, including addictions to drugs and alcohol.

“All of the homeless veterans I met had PTSD and were in need of help,” said Les, a former member of 2 Para who ­became a prison officer.

Describing his own ordeal, the Bolton Armed Forces Centre ­volunteer said: “I could see the faces of the men I had killed and would wake up screaming, soaked in sweat. “I became too scared to go to sleep and began drinking heavily. I was medically retired form the prison ­service. My world collapsed and I was homeless. I slept in my van for six months and felt unable to talk to anyone. But eventually I got help.”

Cait Smith, 45, runs the Bolton Armed Forces Centre for Veterans with her fiance Scott Hawtrey, where she helps homeless ex-service personnel.

She said: “Homelessness among the veterans community is getting worse by the month. The youngest we have dealt with is an 18-year-old and the oldest is 97. And we helped people of every age in between.”
User avatar
Cannydc
 
Posts: 12189
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:59 pm

Re: Middle-aged Tories 'gammons'

Postby Ray of Sunshine » Tue May 15, 2018 1:38 pm

Cannydc wrote:
I said that EU migrants are generally young, fit and here to work.

I at no time said that they never use the NHS, but in reality if you go to hospitals and surgeries they are full of the elderly and the very young. Not EU migrants.



NHS drop in centre near me is always full of Roma gypsies who have terrible health.

Some of them are young but they're certainly not fit or here to find work as only a small number of them have jobs.
User avatar
Ray of Sunshine
 
Posts: 3717
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:40 pm

Re: Middle-aged Tories 'gammons'

Postby Cannydc » Tue May 15, 2018 1:49 pm

Ray of Sunshine wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
I said that EU migrants are generally young, fit and here to work.

I at no time said that they never use the NHS, but in reality if you go to hospitals and surgeries they are full of the elderly and the very young. Not EU migrants.



NHS drop in centre near me is always full of Roma gypsies who have terrible health.

Some of them are young but they're certainly not fit or here to find work as only a small number of them have jobs.


Really ?

Well, I can't recall ever seeing a Roma gypsy - having worked in Telford and Bristol for the last 8 years.

Ooops, I lie - I remember one begging on the tube about 15 years ago....
User avatar
Cannydc
 
Posts: 12189
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:59 pm

Re: Middle-aged Tories 'gammons'

Postby Si_Crewe » Tue May 15, 2018 5:26 pm

Cannydc wrote:Whilst that may be true, in our particular case a large proportion of our ex-service mental issues come from the Falklands, and to a lesser extent Kosovo conflicts...

"Les, who was honoured for his heroics in the 1982 Battle of Goose Green, was homeless for six months after suffering post-traumatic stress disorder ."

The 56-year-old says during his time on the streets and since, he has met hundreds of veterans, from the Falklands campaign through to more recent conflicts, including those in Iraq and Afghanistan. Many are reduced to sleeping in doorways, bus stops and parks, ­begging from passers-by.

And almost all are struggling with the devastating affects of PTSD, which often leads to other problems, including addictions to drugs and alcohol.

“All of the homeless veterans I met had PTSD and were in need of help,” said Les, a former member of 2 Para who ­became a prison officer.

Describing his own ordeal, the Bolton Armed Forces Centre ­volunteer said: “I could see the faces of the men I had killed and would wake up screaming, soaked in sweat. “I became too scared to go to sleep and began drinking heavily. I was medically retired form the prison ­service. My world collapsed and I was homeless. I slept in my van for six months and felt unable to talk to anyone. But eventually I got help.”

Cait Smith, 45, runs the Bolton Armed Forces Centre for Veterans with her fiance Scott Hawtrey, where she helps homeless ex-service personnel.

She said: “Homelessness among the veterans community is getting worse by the month. The youngest we have dealt with is an 18-year-old and the oldest is 97. And we helped people of every age in between.”


I guess that disproves Stooo's assertion that it's the result of shooting arabs then, eh?
User avatar
Si_Crewe
 
Posts: 4585
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:33 am

Re: Middle-aged Tories 'gammons'

Postby MungoBrush » Tue May 15, 2018 7:02 pm

Cannydc wrote:Whilst that may be true, in our particular case a large proportion of our ex-service mental issues come from the Falklands, and to a lesser extent Kosovo conflicts...

"Les, who was honoured for his heroics in the 1982 Battle of Goose Green, was homeless for six months after suffering post-traumatic stress disorder ."

The 56-year-old says during his time on the streets and since, he has met hundreds of veterans, from the Falklands campaign through to more recent conflicts, including those in Iraq and Afghanistan. Many are reduced to sleeping in doorways, bus stops and parks, ­begging from passers-by.

And almost all are struggling with the devastating affects of PTSD, which often leads to other problems, including addictions to drugs and alcohol.

“All of the homeless veterans I met had PTSD and were in need of help,” said Les, a former member of 2 Para who ­became a prison officer.

Describing his own ordeal, the Bolton Armed Forces Centre ­volunteer said: “I could see the faces of the men I had killed and would wake up screaming, soaked in sweat. “I became too scared to go to sleep and began drinking heavily. I was medically retired form the prison ­service. My world collapsed and I was homeless. I slept in my van for six months and felt unable to talk to anyone. But eventually I got help.”

Cait Smith, 45, runs the Bolton Armed Forces Centre for Veterans with her fiance Scott Hawtrey, where she helps homeless ex-service personnel.

She said: “Homelessness among the veterans community is getting worse by the month. The youngest we have dealt with is an 18-year-old and the oldest is 97. And we helped people of every age in between.”


I dont doubt your story, but I dont get it
Both my dad and mum served in the armed forces
My dad was a pow for 4 years.

No-one they knew suffered from mental illness after their stretch, although many didnt make it back and many more came back with missing bits of their bodies.

But those that made it came back and got on with their lives.
Which in my parents case involved getting married, buying a house and raising a family.
User avatar
MungoBrush
 
Posts: 1061
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:03 pm

Re: Middle-aged Tories 'gammons'

Postby Ray of Sunshine » Tue May 15, 2018 7:40 pm

Cannydc wrote:
Really ?

Well, I can't recall ever seeing a Roma gypsy - having worked in Telford and Bristol for the last 8 years.

Ooops, I lie - I remember one begging on the tube about 15 years ago....


Thousands in Page Hall in Sheffield and Ferham in Rotherham.

What was Romania and Slovakia's problem is now Britain and France's, thanks to the EU and globalisation again.
User avatar
Ray of Sunshine
 
Posts: 3717
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:40 pm

Re: Middle-aged Tories 'gammons'

Postby Guest » Wed May 16, 2018 9:32 pm

Ray of Sunshine wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
Really ?

Well, I can't recall ever seeing a Roma gypsy - having worked in Telford and Bristol for the last 8 years.

Ooops, I lie - I remember one begging on the tube about 15 years ago....


Thousands in Page Hall in Sheffield and Ferham in Rotherham.

What was Romania and Slovakia's problem is now Britain and France's, thanks to the EU and globalisation again.


Roma were coming here under immigration rules the Tories set up in 1987 from countries NOT in the EU. Why do you vote for capitalist political parties but then moan like fuck about globalisation, which is CAPITALISM ffs?
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: Middle-aged Tories 'gammons'

Postby Guest » Wed May 16, 2018 9:34 pm

Ray of Sunshine wrote:
Guest wrote:The Right have been handing out the insults to just about everybody who doesn't wholeheartedly support their trashings of the country for some very dubious motives and coined the phrase 'snowflake' to belittle young people. I really don't think theycan start screaming about this relatively minor insult. :hand: (S)


Can I break it to you.

Only complete imbeciles keep banging on about "right" and "left" these days.

Completely pointless waste of time, a distraction for the stupid.

The real divide is between Nationalism and Globalism


Fascism vs Capitalism? There are other alternatives out there.
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: Middle-aged Tories 'gammons'

Postby Guest » Wed May 16, 2018 9:39 pm

Ray of Sunshine wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
Not in my village it isn't.

It's between the haves and the have nots. It's parochial.

Tell the ex-serviceman sleeping rough with mental issues that it's between Nationalism and Globalism.

Tell it to the old fella whose home care has been cut, or the cancer patient waiting months for a diagnosis.

They don't give a stuff about Nationalism and Globalism. They want proper funding for proper, caring services. End of.


Why has the ex-serviceman not got anywhere to live?

Because there are no council houses due to record immigration.

The NHS is overwhelmed for the same reason.

Globalisation.


The Tories earmarked their property for sale in 1996, they drew up plans and passed them on to the Red Tories to fulfill and that they did. Now why do you vote Tory? You are part of the problem. I hope you never tell a squaddie the reason why he hasn't a home is because the cunts you support and vote for drew up plans to sell them.
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: Middle-aged Tories 'gammons'

Postby Dimples » Wed May 16, 2018 9:39 pm

I'd never heard of the term "gammons" before.

It's wonderfully apt. :gigglesnshit:
User avatar
Dimples
 
Posts: 13551
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:59 am
Location: Under his eye

Re: Middle-aged Tories 'gammons'

Postby Ray of Sunshine » Wed May 16, 2018 10:53 pm

Guest wrote:
Roma were coming here under immigration rules the Tories set up in 1987 from countries NOT in the EU. Why do you vote for capitalist political parties but then moan like fuck about globalisation, which is CAPITALISM ffs?


Nope, they started coming to Sheffield and Rotherham in about 2004, now there are 10,000, all from the same part of Eastern Slovakia.
User avatar
Ray of Sunshine
 
Posts: 3717
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:40 pm

Re: Middle-aged Tories 'gammons'

Postby Guest » Wed May 16, 2018 10:55 pm

Ray of Sunshine wrote:
Guest wrote:
Roma were coming here under immigration rules the Tories set up in 1987 from countries NOT in the EU. Why do you vote for capitalist political parties but then moan like fuck about globalisation, which is CAPITALISM ffs?


Nope, they started coming to Sheffield and Rotherham in about 2004, now there are 10,000, all from the same part of Eastern Slovakia.


No they started arriving in Dover in 1995 when Slovakia was not an EU country. They were dispersed around the country.
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: Middle-aged Tories 'gammons'

Postby Ray of Sunshine » Thu May 17, 2018 1:01 am

Guest wrote:
No they started arriving in Dover in 1995 when Slovakia was not an EU country. They were dispersed around the country.


Stop talking crap, they weren't allowed to live here until the EU enlargement in 2004.

They started arriving after Britain opened its borders to EU migrants in 2004, something which Jack Straw, another former Labour home secretary, admitted this week had been a “spectacular mistake”.


https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/10452130/Roma-in-Sheffield-When-it-goes-off-it-will-be-like-an-atom-bomb-here.html
User avatar
Ray of Sunshine
 
Posts: 3717
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:40 pm

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 7 guests