Scottish parliament decisively rejects EU withdrawal bill

Re: Scottish parliament decisively rejects EU withdrawal bill

Postby Gigabit » Sat May 19, 2018 11:42 am

Ray of Sunshine wrote:
Guest wrote:All of the British national newspapers, bar the Morning Star have printed EU myths.

Once again you're talking nonsense.

We had quite a number of myths and nonsense from Project Fear as well though or are we not going to acknowledge that?

Which myths would these be?
Gigabit

Postby Ray of Sunshine » Sat May 19, 2018 12:10 pm

Gigabit wrote:
Which myths would these be?

WW3 breaking out was one of Cameron's!

And this one the other day, just made up.

https://twitter.com/Jacob_Rees_Mogg/status/996732816640573441

What do you care anyway, you're just trolling, who knows what your real political views are, I suspect you don't really have any.
Ray of Sunshine

Postby Ray of Sunshine » Sat May 19, 2018 12:22 pm

McAz wrote:
This government page lists all Statutory Instruments since 1948. I won't insult your intelligence by explaining delegated legislation as no doubt you ensured you had at least a cursory knowledge of how your country's government works before making your mind up to vote Brexit.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi

OK then, regulations.

1300 new EU regulations every year is totally fine, surely a fantastic thing for British businesses :off head:
Ray of Sunshine

Postby Ray of Sunshine » Sat May 19, 2018 12:25 pm

Claire wrote:No. The UK will have to follow all the EU Rules anyway if they want the trade. I'll be happy when I live in an independent country which has agreements with 26 other independent countries.

Not independent though, after the American War of Independence were they then run by Canada or Mexico?

It's not an independent country when most of your laws are made by unelected officials on the other side of the channel.

Using the word "independence" when it's not independence is totally misleading, in fact it's the complete opposite, it's dependence, and more so than being part of the UK!
Ray of Sunshine

Postby McAz » Sat May 19, 2018 12:29 pm

Ray of Sunshine wrote:
Claire wrote:No. The UK will have to follow all the EU Rules anyway if they want the trade. I'll be happy when I live in an independent country which has agreements with 26 other independent countries.

Not independent though, after the American War of Independence were they then run by Canada or Mexico?

It's not an independent country when most of your laws are made by unelected officials on the other side of the channel.

NO "laws" that come into force by SI are made by unelected officials - why don't you research instead of simply foaming at the mouth? :roll:
Last edited by McAz on Sat May 19, 2018 12:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
McAz

Postby McAz » Sat May 19, 2018 12:30 pm

Ray of Sunshine wrote:
McAz wrote:
This government page lists all Statutory Instruments since 1948. I won't insult your intelligence by explaining delegated legislation as no doubt you ensured you had at least a cursory knowledge of how your country's government works before making your mind up to vote Brexit.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi

OK then, regulations.

1300 new EU regulations every year is totally fine, surely a fantastic thing for British businesses :off head:

No, SIs are not EU regulations - FFS, all you need to do is google. :roll:
McAz

Postby Claire » Tue May 22, 2018 7:32 am

Ray of Sunshine wrote:

Using the word "independence" when it's not independence is totally misleading, in fact it's the complete opposite, it's dependence, and more so than being part of the UK!

MOST of our Laws are made in the UK Parliament, while SOME of our Laws are made in Holyrood.

Looks like we're going for it anyway.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-44188668

:canny:
Claire

Postby Si_Crewe » Tue May 22, 2018 11:33 am

No. companies that wish to trade in the EU will have to build products that comply with EU regulations.

Where was your TV made? How about your laptop or phone?

Building products that comply with EU regulations doesn't seem to be much of a hindrance to Asian companies.

As for Scotland, with 65% of Scotland's "exports" going to the UK, wee jimmy krankie had better hope the UK is willing to arrange trade agreements with an independent Scotland.
Si_Crewe

Postby Claire » Tue May 22, 2018 11:54 am

Si_Crewe wrote:

No. companies that wish to trade in the EU will have to build products that comply with EU regulations.

Where was your TV made? How about your laptop or phone?

Building products that comply with EU regulations doesn't seem to be much of a hindrance to Asian companies.

As for Scotland, with 65% of Scotland's "exports" going to the UK, wee jimmy krankie had better hope the UK is willing to arrange trade agreements with an independent Scotland.

Er there won't be a UK. No idea what Jimmy Krankie has to do with it.
Claire

Postby Vicky » Tue May 22, 2018 12:51 pm

Ray of Sunshine wrote:Just been reading the comments on The National, "fiercely independent Scots" who want to be ruled by bureaucrats in Belgium, seems clear to me that most of them just hate the English.

Well maybe there's also a fair few English people not that keen on them after what Blair and Brown did to England.

What about what Thatcher did to Scotland?
Vicky

Postby Claire » Tue May 22, 2018 1:06 pm

Vicks wrote:
Ray of Sunshine wrote:Just been reading the comments on The National, "fiercely independent Scots" who want to be ruled by bureaucrats in Belgium, seems clear to me that most of them just hate the English.

Well maybe there's also a fair few English people not that keen on them after what Blair and Brown did to England.

Do you remember the days when we used to be able to debate stuff like this in the Arms?
Claire

Postby Vicky » Tue May 22, 2018 1:18 pm

Claire wrote:
Vicks wrote:

Do you remember the days when we used to be able to debate stuff like this in the Arms?

Aye Claire, like the Scottish referendum thread.
Vicky

Postby Claire » Tue May 22, 2018 1:19 pm

Vicks wrote:
Claire wrote:
Vicks wrote:

That was a great thread. It couldn't happen now. The Arms used to be a mix of news/debate/trolling. Now it's purely trolling. :bawlin:
Claire

Postby Vicky » Tue May 22, 2018 3:23 pm

Claire wrote:
Vicks wrote:
Claire wrote:
Vicks wrote:

That was a great thread. It couldn't happen now. The Arms used to be a mix of news/debate/trolling. Now it's purely trolling. :bawlin:

Dis was right when she said there's an unpleasant atmosphere on here.
Vicky

Postby McAz » Tue May 22, 2018 3:31 pm

it's the hot oppressive weather.
McAz

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs