Prejudice against disabled people

Re: Prejudice against disabled people

Postby Trapper John » Wed May 23, 2018 6:12 am

Rockstar wrote:So this is the thread where Trapper has taken refuge in..... :gigglesnshit:

The other was closed and unlike you I post in all sorts of threads giving my opinion on all sorts of subjects, that's what forums are for aren't they? the colour of my skin or that of others doesn't absorb my every waking minute, nor does trolling. :thumbsup:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Claire » Wed May 23, 2018 6:17 am

Trapper John wrote:I find the word 'Sp as tic' offensive because although it was once a word in popular and general use, like so many others nowadays it has become a derogatory term used to describe people with any disability to ridicule, mock and abuse them. It is the singular most hated term amongst those with disabilities.

On a personal level I am also particularly offended by the use of the word 'Mong', another derogatory term used to abuse people by implying that someone with Down syndrome are somehow lesser human beings because of their unfortunate circumstances. I have a niece who has a Down syndrome child and she is far a better person than any of those who mock and ridicule her condition or use the term to mock others.

I hope that all the holier than thou posters, guests as well as members, who sing so loudly from the rooftops with their noble anti racism sentiments, will do exactly the same when they see these terms used to abuse and mock people. I look forward to the upwelling of outrage. :thumbsup:

It won't happen as the people pissing over every thread are trolls.
Claire

Postby Claire » Wed May 23, 2018 6:18 am

McAz wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
McAz wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
McAz wrote:I've never heard the term "gymnastic" used as a slur, how odd.

It's been 'filtered' as you well know, what about Mong which hasn't yet?

I didn't know. Bloody ridiculous! I'm not for filtering words and terms.

Neither am I but thats what happens. :dunno: I much prefer posters to show their feelings and put unsavoury words where they belong.

Words are just words. I am not personally offended by any.

:pmsl: Just bum chum and ratboy then?
Claire

Postby Trapper John » Wed May 23, 2018 6:29 am

I meant to ask Rockstar but the thread was locked, why was it he left it so long to decide that Ratboy was an offensive racist term? afterall I'd called him it several times long before he suddenly decided to be offended by it and he never batted an eyelid - horses for courses eh? :wink:

Now I've not left myself any time to do the quiz, It'll have to wait until later as I will reading the reply to this.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Claire » Wed May 23, 2018 6:44 am

Trapper John wrote:I meant to ask Rockstar but the thread was locked, why was it he left it so long to decide that Ratboy was an offensive racist term? afterall I'd called him it several times long before he suddenly decided to be offended by it and he never batted an eyelid - horses for courses eh? :wink:

Now I've not left myself any time to do the quiz, It'll have to wait until later as I will reading the reply to this.

Well it now actually is an offensive racist term. We've been TOLD. We'll be needing a Dogs Handbook next. Like a School Handbook. Maybe a sign like you get at a public pool. :gigglesnshit:
Claire

Postby HobbitFeet » Wed May 23, 2018 6:55 am

Claire wrote:
Trapper John wrote:I meant to ask Rockstar but the thread was locked, why was it he left it so long to decide that Ratboy was an offensive racist term? afterall I'd called him it several times long before he suddenly decided to be offended by it and he never batted an eyelid - horses for courses eh? :wink:

Well it now actually is an offensive racist term. We've been TOLD. We'll be needing a Dogs Handbook next. Like a School Handbook. Maybe a sign like you get at a public pool. :gigglesnshit:

how about you suck this up

thread closed
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Previous

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs