Real life Daniel Blake- 'Tories trying to kill me'

Real life Daniel Blake- 'Tories trying to kill me'

Postby Guest » Tue May 22, 2018 7:19 pm

A REAL life Daniel Blake has told how he fears the Tory benefit cuts will leave him dead.

David Coe, 60, had a heart attack an HOUR after leaving a Job Centre – just like the unemployed carpenter in the title role of the acclaimed British movie.

David, who worked in catering for 20 years before falling ill, ‘flatlined’ for nine minutes.

Medics saved his life and he spent a week in hospital last February.

He had been told to apply for work by benefit bosses even though he had earlier been signed off sick by a doctor for a heart condition.

Since then his £130 disability benefits have been slashed to just £20 a week.

Last night David said: “They are doing everything they can to kill me.”

Jonathan Moore, Chairman of Equal Lives charity, said: “This is yet another example of government policy putting profit making organizations before the needs of people.”

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/ ... eek/19/01/

:grrrrr: The Tory scum need stringing up. :shoot:

Re: Real life Daniel Blake- 'Tories trying to kill me'

Postby Guest » Tue May 22, 2018 10:57 pm

Guest wrote:A REAL life Daniel Blake has told how he fears the Tory benefit cuts will leave him dead.

David Coe, 60, had a heart attack an HOUR after leaving a Job Centre – just like the unemployed carpenter in the title role of the acclaimed British movie.

David, who worked in catering for 20 years before falling ill, ‘flatlined’ for nine minutes.

Medics saved his life and he spent a week in hospital last February.

He had been told to apply for work by benefit bosses even though he had earlier been signed off sick by a doctor for a heart condition.

Since then his £130 disability benefits have been slashed to just £20 a week.

Last night David said: “They are doing everything they can to kill me.”

Jonathan Moore, Chairman of Equal Lives charity, said: “This is yet another example of government policy putting profit making organizations before the needs of people.”

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/ ... eek/19/01/

:grrrrr: The Tory scum need stringing up. :shoot:

that's horrific :shake head:

Postby Si_Crewe » Wed May 23, 2018 9:34 am

Was there anything in the article explaining what caused the coronary heart disease that caused him to have a heart attack at 46?

I'd say that's the main thing that's "trying to kill him".
Si_Crewe

Postby Guest » Wed May 23, 2018 9:42 am

Si_Crewe wrote:Was there anything in the article explaining what caused the coronary heart disease that caused him to have a heart attack at 46?

What does that have to do with the price of fish idiot.

So you don't think that the stress of having to look for work and having to live on £20 a week would have a serious effect on someone with a heart condition?

His doctor has said he's unfit for work end of.

Typical crap from Tory scum :hand: :dafinger:

Postby Si_Crewe » Wed May 23, 2018 10:12 am

Guest wrote:What does that have to do with the price of fish idiot.

So you don't think that the stress of having to look for work and having to live on £20 a week would have a serious effect on someone with a heart condition?

I think it'd be a bit hypocritical to smoke, drink and/or act in other unhealthy ways for half a century and then suggest it's the tory's fault when you have a heart attack.
Si_Crewe

Postby Guest » Wed May 23, 2018 10:20 am

Guest wrote:
Si_Crewe wrote:Was there anything in the article explaining what caused the coronary heart disease that caused him to have a heart attack at 46?

What does that have to do with the price of fish idiot.

His doctor has said he's unfit for work end of.

Typical crap from Tory scum :hand: :dafinger:

Yes no doubt someone who voted Tory will reckon he abused his body :shake head:

Postby Ray of Sunshine » Wed May 23, 2018 10:23 am

Guest wrote:

Jobseekers Allowance is £72.40 a week and Disability benefit is higher than that.

You must really think people are stupid to believe such nonsense.
Ray of Sunshine

Postby Cannydc » Wed May 23, 2018 10:28 am

Ray of Sunshine wrote:
Guest wrote:

Jobseekers Allowance is £72.40 a week and Disability benefit is higher than that.

Your ability to completely bollox up a reply is beyond comparison.

Read the story.

Which part of "Since then (having a heart attack) his £130 disability benefits have been slashed to just £20 a week." don't you understand ? Or do you seriously believe that there are no such things as benefit sanctions ?

And how can he claim JS allowance - he plainly isn't fit to work...
Cannydc

Postby Guest » Wed May 23, 2018 10:41 am

Si_Crewe wrote:
Guest wrote:What does that have to do with the price of fish idiot.

I think it'd be a bit hypocritical to smoke, drink and/or act in other unhealthy ways for half a century and then suggest it's the tory's fault when you have a heart attack.

By that token you could say that if you do enjoy sports like skiing etc...If you get injured you brought it on yourself and don't deserve any sympathy.

There can be many different reasons for a heart condition and not just the reasons that you read in the Tory scum rags that you scum subscribe to. :shake head:

Postby Guest » Wed May 23, 2018 10:57 am

SANCTIONS
Sanctions are very much in the news at the moment.

The latest DWP figures show that it is now universal credit (UC) claimants who are in the firing line. A shameful 4% of UC claimants were sanctioned in just one month this year. That is 20 times as many as are sanctioned under JSA or ESA regimes.

But whatever benefit you are on, a very detailed, five year long study by six universities has shown yet again that sanctions don’t work.

The study found that the sanctions regime made it less likely that sick and disabled claimants would find work and also made their health conditions worse.

Interviews with claimants include a particularly distressing quote from a disabled JSA claimant who was sanctioned as a result of turning up early for an interview.

But the DWP have been quick to ensure that no-one makes the mistake of thinking they care about the health of claimants or the fairness of the sanctions regime.

This week they announced that they are abandoning the ‘yellow card’ sanctions warning letter that they had been piloting.

The scheme gave claimants 14 days to show the reasons why a sanction wasn’t justified before a decision maker could impose it.

According to Frank Field MP, the initial results showed that it would have given protection to “many thousands of very vulnerable people”.

However, the DWP have ended the trial on the grounds that the scheme placed an “additional burden” on staff.

:grrrrr: :shoot:

Postby Si_Crewe » Wed May 23, 2018 11:23 am

Guest wrote:By that token you could say that if you do enjoy sports like skiing etc...If you get injured you brought it on yourself and don't deserve any sympathy.

No, I didn't say that.

If you injured yourself in a skiing accident it WOULD, however, be hypocritical to whine that "the tories are trying to kill me" though.
Si_Crewe

Postby Claire » Wed May 23, 2018 11:30 am

Ray of Sunshine wrote:
Guest wrote:

If he was unfit for work he wouldn't be claiming job seekers allowance. Could you live on £72.40 a week?
Claire

Postby Guest » Wed May 23, 2018 11:30 am

Si_Crewe wrote:
Guest wrote:By that token you could say that if you do enjoy sports like skiing etc...If you get injured you brought it on yourself and don't deserve any sympathy.

No, I didn't say that.

If you injured yourself in a skiing accident it WOULD, however, be hypocritical to whine that "the tories are trying to kill me" though.

It's Tory policies that are to blame for the case in the OP.

Being a Tory, you are just too thick and stupid to take that in as it doesn't fit in with the Daily Mail's mantra.

:hand:

Postby MungoBrush » Wed May 23, 2018 11:41 am

Cannydc wrote:
Ray of Sunshine wrote:
Guest wrote:

Your ability to completely bollox up a reply is beyond comparison.

Read the story.

Which part of "Since then (having a heart attack) his £130 disability benefits have been slashed to just £20 a week." don't you understand ? Or do you seriously believe that there are no such things as benefit sanctions ?

And how can he claim JS allowance - he plainly isn't fit to work...

Ah. So now you're a medical expert as well?
DWP were advised by health professionals and made their decision based on that.
Do you think that these health professionals now work for the Conservative Party?
And its not the disability allowance that was cut - it was the Personal Independence Payment

"Overview

You may be able to get help with some of the extra costs caused by long term ill-health or disability.
If you’re aged 16 to 64 you could get between £22.65 and £145.35 a week by claiming Personal Independence Payment (PIP).
The amount you get depends on how your condition affects you, not the condition itself.
You’ll be assessed by a health professional to work out the level of help you can get. Your rate will be regularly reviewed to make sure you’re getting the right support."

https://www.gov.uk/pip

Read and learn.
MungoBrush

Postby Si_Crewe » Wed May 23, 2018 11:50 am

Guest wrote:It's Tory policies that are to blame for the case in the OP.

Tory policies give people coronary heart disease? :yikes:
Si_Crewe

Next

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs