Morgan Freeman

Re: Morgan Freeman

Postby Kizzie » Fri May 25, 2018 3:49 pm

Si_Crewe wrote:
Kizzie wrote:I said teenagers get crushes all the time and the grown-up thing to do is nothing that will take advantage of the situation

What is ignorant about that? No, you have read what you wanted to read and run away with it. Well done

A teenager, above the age of consent, IS a "grown-up".

Do you think we should, perhaps, prevent teenagers from voting, driving cars or holding any other responsibilities within society?
I mean, if you're saying that a teenager can't be trusted to make decisions about their sexual activities, surely they can't possibly be fit to make other decisions either?

It seems pretty ignorant to assume that teenagers (or, perhaps, women in general?) aren't capable of making choices for themselves and so it should always be a man's responsibility to make decisions for them.

And then it seems doubly ignorant to assume that all men are capable of making these choices for themselves and on behalf of the women they encounter.

There we have it! You have no concept of maturity, of what is morally right or wrong only what is OK in the eyes of the law.

There is a huge difference between a naive teen with a crush and a teen who sexually aware and very OK with that.
Anyone who uses the former for their own gain IE takes advantage of it is a cnt.

Stop turning what I say into M v W I don't give a shit what sex they are.
Kizzie

Postby Claire » Fri May 25, 2018 3:52 pm

Kizzie wrote:
Si_Crewe wrote:
Kizzie wrote:I said teenagers get crushes all the time and the grown-up thing to do is nothing that will take advantage of the situation

What is ignorant about that? No, you have read what you wanted to read and run away with it. Well done

A teenager, above the age of consent, IS a "grown-up".

Do you think we should, perhaps, prevent teenagers from voting, driving cars or holding any other responsibilities within society?
I mean, if you're saying that a teenager can't be trusted to make decisions about their sexual activities, surely they can't possibly be fit to make other decisions either?

It seems pretty ignorant to assume that teenagers (or, perhaps, women in general?) aren't capable of making choices for themselves and so it should always be a man's responsibility to make decisions for them.

And then it seems doubly ignorant to assume that all men are capable of making these choices for themselves and on behalf of the women they encounter.

There we have it! You have no concept of maturity, of what is morally right or wrong only what is OK in the eyes of the law.

There is a huge difference between a naive teen with a crush and a teen who sexually aware and very OK with that.
Anyone who uses the former for their own gain IE takes advantage of it is a cnt.

Stop turning what I say into M v W I don't give a shit what sex they are.

:thumbsup:
Claire

Postby Grafenwalder » Fri May 25, 2018 4:52 pm

Claire wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:Yes Malkovich should have told her to go away and grow up but as for 'victim'...victim of what exactly? Why do young girls like Hunter pursue older men anyway? Usually wealth and importance are the major ingredients which attract girls like Hunter. Had Malkovich been some old geezer stacking supermarket shelves she wouldn't have given him the time of day so you can drop the 'poor victim' crap and 'sexual playthings' etc because it won't wash.

Malcovitch was married...

Exactly and Hunter knew that...so why was she pursuing an affair with a married man? I've said before this wasn't a 'one way street' with a sexual predator chasing a teenage girl. It cuts both ways in this case. Hunter was just as culpable...unless as another poster mentioned, ' women aren't capable of making choices for themselves so it should always be a man's responsibility to make decisions for them?'
Grafenwalder

Postby Claire » Fri May 25, 2018 4:55 pm

Grafenwalder wrote:
Claire wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:Yes Malkovich should have told her to go away and grow up but as for 'victim'...victim of what exactly? Why do young girls like Hunter pursue older men anyway? Usually wealth and importance are the major ingredients which attract girls like Hunter. Had Malkovich been some old geezer stacking supermarket shelves she wouldn't have given him the time of day so you can drop the 'poor victim' crap and 'sexual playthings' etc because it won't wash.

Exactly and Hunter knew that...so why was she pursuing an affair with a married man? I've said before this wasn't a 'one way street' with a sexual predator chasing a teenage girl. It cuts both ways in this case. Hunter was just as culpable...unless as another poster mentioned, ' women aren't capable of making choices for themselves so it should always be a man's responsibility to make decisions for them?'

And older and supposedly more responsible.
Claire

Postby Grafenwalder » Fri May 25, 2018 4:59 pm

Claire wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:
Claire wrote:

Ah right so as that poster mentioned, young women aren't capable of making decisions for themselves. I'm not sure the sisterhood would like to hear that.
Grafenwalder

Postby Si_Crewe » Fri May 25, 2018 5:22 pm

Claire wrote:It would depend who approached who. I'm not saying age gap relationships are wrong in themselves. Just that a quick shag with a teenager is sleaze personified.

But only for the older person?

All the millions of teenagers throwing their knickers at every pop star from Tom Jones and Elvis (including Priscilla) to Robbie Williams and Justin Bieber are undeserving of criticism but if the pop star decides to take them up on their offer, the pop star is being "sleazy"?

That seems kind of lopsided.

Personally, I'd say those teenage girls are being just as "sleazy" as any man they're desperate to shag, which is why I wouldn't rush to judge anybody without all the facts.
Si_Crewe

Postby Lady Murasaki » Fri May 25, 2018 5:26 pm

Claire wrote:For the "News" part of this section.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/16248604.Morgan_Freeman_accused_of_sexual_harassment/?ref=mr&lp=17

It's quite depressing that people we have admired in the acting industry have been accused of sexual harrassment (as well as politicians etc).

Is it a power thing? Money?

It’s an age thing. That generation grew up with different values.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Claire » Fri May 25, 2018 5:51 pm

Grafenwalder wrote:
Claire wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:
Claire wrote:

Ah right so as that poster mentioned, young women aren't capable of making decisions for themselves. I'm not sure the sisterhood would like to hear that.

So are older men. They're shagging girls the same age as their daughters. That's scary.
Claire

Postby Claire » Fri May 25, 2018 5:51 pm

Si_Crewe wrote:
Claire wrote:It would depend who approached who. I'm not saying age gap relationships are wrong in themselves. Just that a quick shag with a teenager is sleaze personified.

But only for the older person?

All the millions of teenagers throwing their knickers at every pop star from Tom Jones and Elvis (including Priscilla) to Robbie Williams and Justin Bieber are undeserving of criticism but if the pop star decides to take them up on their offer, the pop star is being "sleazy"?

That seems kind of lopsided.

Personally, I'd say those teenage girls are being just as "sleazy" as any man they're desperate to shag, which is why I wouldn't rush to judge anybody without all the facts.

Yes.
Claire

Postby Claire » Fri May 25, 2018 5:53 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/16248604.Morgan_Freeman_accused_of_sexual_harassment/?ref=mr&lp=17

It's quite depressing that people we have admired in the acting industry have been accused of sexual harrassment (as well as politicians etc).

I don't agree with that. My Dads generation had stricter values imo. I think it depends on your upbringing.
Claire

Postby Lady Murasaki » Fri May 25, 2018 5:58 pm

Claire wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

I don't agree with that. My Dads generation had stricter values imo. I think it depends on your upbringing.

Family values overrides social convention for some but not for everyone.
When most of your peers are at it it’s considered the norm, unless you have a strong grounding for what is right and wrong.
The new generation are more active in getting things changed, largely because they have a bigger voice with social media.
Lady Murasaki

Postby McAz » Fri May 25, 2018 6:01 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:The new generation are more active in getting things changed, largely because they have a bigger voice with social media.

I'm puzzled by this - I can't think of anything that the iGeneration have changed? :dunno:
McAz

Postby Si_Crewe » Fri May 25, 2018 6:06 pm

Claire wrote:I don't agree with that. My Dads generation had stricter values imo. I think it depends on your upbringing.

Your mother's generation were the ones flinging their knickers at Tom Jones and Elvis.
Si_Crewe

Postby Lady Murasaki » Fri May 25, 2018 6:07 pm

McAz wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:The new generation are more active in getting things changed, largely because they have a bigger voice with social media.

I'm puzzled by this - I can't think of anything that the iGeneration have changed? :dunno:

#metoo
Lady Murasaki

Postby Lady Murasaki » Fri May 25, 2018 6:08 pm

Si_Crewe wrote:
Claire wrote:I don't agree with that. My Dads generation had stricter values imo. I think it depends on your upbringing.

Your mother's generation were the ones flinging their knickers at Tom Jones and Elvis.

My mother would’ve done for Cliff Richard if she didn’t have the chastity belt fitted.
Lady Murasaki

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs